Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win tickets to an advance screening of Toy Story 3 thanks to Barnardos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

when woody sent rc to save buzz.the others toys ganged up on him.rocky threw him beside a box and hamm says pig pile.very funny :D:D:D:D:D.4 tickets please and thanks it is for me my mother little brother and father are all massive fans of toy story

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Too many fav's short list...........

A slightly camp insecure dinosaur = quality
    Rex: What if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection!

Buzz and woody

Buzz: I've set my laser from stun to kill.
    Woody: Oh, great. If anyone attacks we can blink em' to death.

ooooooooooo sarcasm

Rex: ROAR!
    Woody: Hey, how ya doin', Rex.
    Rex: [stops roaring] Were you scared? Tell me honestly.
    Woody: I was close to being scared that time.
    Rex: I'm going for fearsome here, but I just don't feel it! I'm think I'm just coming off as annoying.

oh four tickets please

Me and my mates brought my little brother to the first two he was 5 or 6 we just didn't want to look weird a group of teenagers going to a cartoon. he is now 14 and would probably disown me if i didn't bring him ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Ah there's too many to have but 1,

In the first one i liked Rex and Slink and Ham

Ham i'd say would be my favorite since he's so wise sounding and slightly non caring about all thats going on.

And then in the second, just the whole Buzz and Buzz talk. "Was i really that delusional?"

4 please if possible my cousins would love this.

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bosco9871

My favorite character is woody. He is the main man!!

I would love 4 tickets. Thanks a mill to Barnados & Boards!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Sue Rocks

Favourite has to be the little Aliens in the Claw machine when they all go "oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh" after Buzz jumps in

Id love 2 tickets please :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

Definitely Mr. Potato Head. Very droll wisecracks, adds another level when you're watching with kids.

4 tickets please, life wouldn't be worth living if I didn't bring them all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sharms

Woody, becuase he reminds me of the Milky Way Kid, makes me laugh and makes me hungry- HA!

(4 tickets would be lovely :-P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Buzz lightyear as he,s awesome :D

2 tickets would be awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 21 clank :o)

i like the three eyed alien fellas that live in the vending machines who seem to be in constant fear and awe of "THE CLAW" "oooooh!" pure genius

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miv2DnJTAUE&feature=related

4 tickets would be great thankyouplease - we'd all love to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

As a matter of interest, what day is the screening on? And when/how are the winners notified?

Still have fingers and toes crossed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭f9710145

Has to be Buzz Lightyear (1 & 2) when they meet.

Buzz can't believe the lines coming form the new one, and then love the star wars connection with new Buzz and Emperor Zurg.

4 tickets would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

In TS2 when HAM is driving and they pass all the Barbies. He's classic! And tehn old Spud gets in with his opposable thumbs :rolleyes:
    I'd love 3 tickets please. My wife, son and me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

the aliens in the machine buzz and woody got trapped in in film number one . "the claw.....it moves.." deadly little guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Margan

My favourite character is Tour Guide Barbie! Mostly due to my childhood love of Barbies but also because of her quotes:

"And this is the Buzz Lightyear aisle. Back in 1995, short-sighted retailers did not order enough dolls to meet demand."

Love the fact that they're referring to the madness and success of the first movie!

Can I have four tickets please for me and my three little cousins from Cork. Want to show them a fun day out in the Big Smoke and I would be the best cousin ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

My favourite character has to be Sid!

My pal was pregnant then, and we both went along (with no kids!) to see Toy Story 1 - we even bought Woody & Buzz after the movie. I still have them and my own son still loves them.

I had my friend convinced that if she had a boy he'd be exactly like Sid and she was terrified! And the bit where he uses the magnifying glass brought me back to when as kids, we used some kids glasses to melt some tarmac on our road (we were little terrors!)

I'd love just two tickets please - for myself and my 8yr old and we'll bring the original Buzz & Woody with us, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mia84

It has to be Mrs. Potato Head.

'I've packed your angry eyes!!!'

Best line ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

The bit where Mr. Potato Head saves the aliens

Alien toys: You have saved our lives. We are eternally grateful.

Mrs. Potato Head: You saved their lives? My hero! They're so adorable. Let's adopt them!

Alien toys: [Gathering around Mr. Potato Head] Daddy!

4 tickets would be great. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My favourite character in Toy Story?
    Has to be Rex, a wonderful performance by Wallace Shawn, going from his iconic role in The Princess Bride (Inconceivable!) to Rex in Toy Story, not to mention Rex in his cameo in Monsters Inc. (crossing the road in the blooper reel).
    He so funny pointing out well know problems real T-Rex may have faced, like the little arms, when he can't press "shoot" and "jump" together because he can't reach the buttons!
    When he becomes neurotic thinking of the rejection if a new Dino toy comes into the room.
    The Jurassic Park reference when he's catching up to the jeep in Als Toy Barn.
    So many great moments, can't wait to see what they have him doing in the new movie!

Also, if I got four tickets, I'd bring my son and my two nieces, all of whom adore the series, having a blast on the ride in Disneyland Paris a couple of years ago!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Too many to choose from, one of my favourites has to be Woody meeting buzz for the first time.

Buzz: There's no sign of intelligent life on this planet

Woody: Helllloooooooooow!!

Our two kids nearly wet themselves laughing and now repeat it whenever anyone calls to the door...

4 tickets please

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

my favourite is Woody:

"That's not flying, it's falling, with style"

1 adult and three kids tickets would be amazing, thanks.

• Advertisement

Sarge and the bucket of soldiers.

I mean, sarge himself is voiced by the drill sargeant from Full Metal Jacket, how cool is that? The opening scenes of the first film where they're on recon to find out what toys Andy is getting are great.

4 tickets if i win, please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭stinky eggs

Just an update on my post!

It was wheezy the squeaky penguin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Mr Potato head (heard of Kung Foo? How about Pork Chop!) hilariously sarcastic and witty. Rex the dinosaur comes close second

4 tickets please Myself & the missus and the 2 (5 &2) kids have been counting down to the launch of this movie since the trailers went on-line last year, gutted it didn't open here on the 18 June as the trailers had stated.

I saw both originals in the cinema when they were released many moons ago, never thought back then that I'd have kids of my own to bring for the 3rd in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ankh98

The little green men from the claw machine...

Buzz: "Who is your leader?"

Little Green Men: "THE CLLLLLLLLAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW! The Claw is our master! The Claw decides who will go and who will stay!

Little Green Man: "I have been chosen. Farewell, my friends. I will go on to a better place."

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

Its such a tough choice! I love Bullseye, the Little Green Men, Woody, Jessie, or Slinky!

I've chosen to write about Woody, because he was my childhood favourite [I actually got a bird after seeing Toy Story, and named him Woody. I got a second one after Toy Story 2, and named it Jessie - til we found out there was a mistake and it was actually a boy... she became Buzz :D Buzz killed Woody though - pecked him to death - cause he was jealous. Anywayyy. :p Off topic much?] .

I think Woody comes out with some great things such as:

Woody: [pauses and looks incredulous] YOU! ARE! A! TOYYYYY! You aren't the real Buzz Lightyear! You're - you're an action figure!
    [holds hand up to eyes indicating something small]
    Woody: You are a child's play thing!
    Buzz: You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.
    [waves in military fashion]
    Buzz: Farewell.
    [starts to walk away]
    Woody: Oh, yeah? Well, good riddance, ya loony!

I think hes a very funny character. We can see this when he talks about Buzz's laser:

Buzz: I've set my laser from stun to kill.
    Woody: Oh, great. If anyone attacks we can blink em' to death.

We can also see this when Woody is trying to not be noticeably jealous of Buzz and wants to get the hype over and done with as soon as possible:

Woody: All right, that's enough! Look, we're all - *very* impressed with Andy's new toy.
    Buzz: Toy?
    Woody: T-O-Y, t-oy.
    Buzz: Excuse me, I think the word you're searching for is "space ranger".
    Woody: The word I'm searching for, I can't say, because there's preschool toys present

I also think that he is really considerate and cares about everyone, the toys and Andy, making sure they are all safe and happy, such as when Wheezy is brought to the junk yard sale, Woody goes to rescue him. He also loves Andy so much.

Woody: Your right, Prospector. I can't stop Andy from growing up... but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I felt like I was writing a question in English class about Romeo and Juliet, with all the quoting and stuff. Only that answer was quite terrible language-wise. :L

These quotes have no proper relevance at all [except Woody is in them] - but I think they're great:

Mr. Potato Head: How come *you* don't have a laser, Woody?
    Woody: It's not a laser. It's...
    [sighs in frustration]
    Woody: It's a little light bulb that blinks.
    Hamm: What's wrong with him?

Woody: Hey, Buzz! You're flying!
    Buzz: This isn't flying. This is falling with style!
    Mr. Potato Head: Laser envy

4 please!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 icedflamz

Mr. Potato Head! Gotta love his angry eyes! x)

2 tix please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DFS UTD

My favourite is REX the Dinosaur. He's so funny and I'm looking forward to seeing him with the new dinosaur in Toy story three.

If I win would it be possible to get 5 tickets. for me Hannah (9 years old) my 2 brothers Robert 12 and Gavin 5 and my Mam and Dad

thanks a million

To infinity and beyond!!

Hannah

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

The loons in the spaceship arcade game at planet pizza. Love the cultish aspect of em.

4 tickets please

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ackd

Myself and my two kids (5&3) are just after finishing the book of the new film and my 5 year old says it still has to be Woody.

Or as my 3 year old says "Mr Potato Head, Mr Potato Head, Mr Potato Head", which seems to be his favourite line.

4 tickets please so we can all go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

bellylint wrote: »
    The loons in the spaceship arcade game at planet pizza. Love the cultish aspect of em.

4 tickets please

The little green men [aliens] you mean?

Advertisement