Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is crosshaven closed?

Options
  • 14-07-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Heading down to crosshaven but im wondering is it closed to the public?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

How can you "close" a village?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Clearly you have never been down for Cork week. Its closed to all but residents and those with sailing passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

From what I remember they can make it quite hard to head down there when everything is on. Best bet would be to try and park in Carrigaline and get the bus down, parking in Crosshaven is generally limited to those with special parking passes for the number of official car parks and finding public parking could be a nightmare. Enjoy it!

Just checked AA Roadwatch. Its closed to public cars between 6pm and 11pm

Stark wrote: »
    How can you "close" a village?

dubs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    dubs :rolleyes:

I'm from Cork, just not into sailing :rolleyes:

I'm from Cork, just not into sailing :rolleyes:

You dont have to be 'into' sailing to enjoy Cork week. They are expecting 10,000 non sailor type folk down there this week.

Okay, but I'm not sure how being unfamiliar with it makes me a "Dub".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Okay, but I'm not sure how being unfamiliar with it makes me a "Dub".

I think your location setting (which now appears to be gone) made you a Dub ;)

So I lived in Dublin for a while for work purposes, shoot me. I've updated my profile now so no need for the rolling eyes when I dare post in the Cork forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Guess you lost your sense of humour while up there...chill out...tis only a bit of banter.

Sorry, but ":rolleyes:" is not banter.

FFS lighten up, your location was Dublin, you asked how can they close a village, every one in Cork knows that Crosshaven is effectively closed to traffic unless you're a resident. You then get the Dublin out of your location and start acting the maggot :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

RoverJames wrote: »
    FFS lighten up, your location was Dublin, you asked how can they close a village, every one in Cork knows that Crosshaven is effectively closed to traffic unless you're a resident. You then get the Dublin out of your location and start acting the maggot :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    It wasn't him who asked the original question, it was hogzy :)
    But Stark you do seem to be taking things a bit serious!
    And I couldn't take your '":rolleyes:" isn't banter' post seriously because as soon as I saw the :rolleyes: I thought it was banter :D

I don't think anyone pays attention to the actual description of ":rolleyes:", it's just a smiley/emoticon...

I just think it's very rude that's all. It's the online equivalent of the middle finger. See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055567488

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

I just think it's very rude that's all. It's the online equivalent of the middle finger. See here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055567488

Well whata ya know, a whole topic devoted to ":rolleyes:"!
    Although judging from most of the posts, it's mostly banter related responses :)
    Life's too short to get worked up over some anonymous guy behind a computer who you'll probably never meet typing 2 characters "at you" :)

Anyway we've gone way off topic, so time for me to sign out and get back to work!

babo9 wrote: »
    Although judging from most of the posts, it's mostly banter related responses :)

Well that was using it in an ironic sense.

Anyway, more "friendly banter":

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Cork Week are running some 250 boats, down approx 200 on previous years so it's very quite during the morning and early afternoon.

The barricades are not up all the time as in previous years, up to early afternoon at least no restrictions in coming or going, no check points or questions asked.

I have not been down for the social side in two seasons but the park n ride is quite good ~ at least it used to be ~

Most sailing is in the morning finishing towards 'lunch time'.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

How long does it go on for?Can you drive around Crosshaven and park a mile or two the far side of it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

How long does it go on for?Can you drive around Crosshaven and park a mile or two the far side of it?

On until Friday - no problems accessing the village of Crosshaven until 6pm - then you need a residents pass to access by main road otherwise you will be diverted to Gash's Field and the Park and Ride site and from there to Cork Week tented village.

The site is free to enter all day up 6pm, after that it is by ticket only.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

Where is the nearest place to Crosshaven that you could park the car free and walk the rest of the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

gbee wrote: »
    Cork Week are running some 250 boats, down approx 200 on previous years so it's very quite during the morning and early afternoon.

that's because the elitist activity of hob nobbing has (thankfully) been restored to those with money to actually afford it as opposed to those with 100% mortgages and a job in middle management who during the good times thought they actually had something :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

that's because the elitist activity of hob nobbing has (thankfully) been restored to those with money to actually afford it as opposed to those with 100% mortgages and a job in middle management who during the good times thought they actually had something :rolleyes:

Ye, I think I agree, like the squandering of Ford's hospitality suit, full of ingrats and people you've already mentioned.

It's getting good reports this year for all of that though.

Advertisement