Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone using a 135mm 2.0 on a 1.6 crop body?

• 14-07-2010 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I shoot weddings and am interested in using a high quality prime like the 135mm 2.0 on my Canon 40D. I'm thinking this might be too much length for a crop body at a reception. I have the 24-105mm on my 5D to use as well.

Anyone use this lens on a crop body and how do you find it for weddings?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I had one but went through my stats for the last 20 weddings and I took around 50 shots with that lens. I would much prefer a 50 or 85mm on a crop. Ended up selling it on which was a pity as it was so sharp but if its not getting used its not making money

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭newbridgemom

was thinking it might be too long to be useful. i used to use a 100mm 2.0 and liked it, but even then it was sometimes too long. maybe a 85mm 1.8 is perfect for a crop body. or a zoom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Generally the churches are very dark (even the new ones) so anything that can shoot in low light (50mm f1.4/85mm f1.2) are perfect, I only use my 70-200 f2.8IS for the first part of the church and the rings after that the primes go on. Something like a 24mm f1.8 or a 35mm f2 would serve you as a bit wider on the crop also the Sigma 30mm f1.4 is so good on a crop body, silent focus and super build quality just make sure its a sharp one as the quality varies

Advertisement