Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels near Marquee in Cork

Options
  • 14-07-2010 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,
    I am going to see Mamma Mia in Cork on Saturday 31st July and have no idea where The Marquee in Cork is. I was just wondering can anyone recommend any hotels nearby for the weekend.
    Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

It's not really that far from the city centre and highly walkable. If you want a close hotel, try Jury's Inn. It is probably as near as you will get, but to be honest any other hotel in the city centre would also be grand.
    http://corkhotels.jurysinns.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 KavEnn

Thanks very much Cool CM, can you tell me if the Rochestown Park hotel is out that way? They are doing good weekend deal. Could I walk from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭opus

KavEnn wrote: »
    Thanks very much Cool CM, can you tell me if the Rochestown Park hotel is out that way? They are doing good weekend deal. Could I walk from there?

You could but it would take roughly an hour to walk to the Marina from there. A bus would be an option though.

Google Map

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

KavEnn wrote: »

Lovely hotel but you won't be walking it. Although a taxi would be cheap enough there. Any of the city centre hotels would be better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

The Clarion is also at the right end of town to the marquee.
    http://www.clarionhotelcorkcity.com/

There's no hotel really situated "close". The best option is the city centre. It's about a 25 minute walk (along flat land). If you go to Rochestown it'll be a 50 minute walk across hills. A taxi would be about €10 I'd say from there.

I don't think there's any buses serving the Marina area but the number 2 which runs from the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Saw a poster for this as I was passing yesterday.
    Mama Mia Night Out
    Enjoy an "Early Bird" dinner in the Pembroke restaurant. Transport to & from Mama Mia will be provided followed by a Complimentary cocktail in Souths Bar on your return and a relaxing nights sleep plus full Irish breakfast. TICKETS FOR MAMA MIA NOT INCLUDED

http://fe.avvio.com/convert/site/Imperial%20Hotel/en/rate/127.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

The Clarion is probably the closest one and you could defianlty walk it (once your not in heels), tis a little bit of a walk but doable..It would also probaly be cheaper to get a taxi from the Clarion to The Marquee than from Douglas (thats where the R Park is :))..

If you do end up in the R Park and need a spin im only up the road from the marquee would be around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 KavEnn

Hi Everybody,
    Thank you all for your advice-you have all been most helpful. You have given me some food for thought there and I will research all the options you have given me now! Thanks a mill

Advertisement