Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFBC2 Chopper Tweak.....

Options
  • 14-07-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Was on IBF server last night and another server before that....and to me the tweaks made to the Chopper is a nightmare for the game. The choppers now handle like penny racers, much to easy to fly and kill ground infantry even with one player in it. The splash damage on the rockets is OVERKILL!!!!

It nearly auto corrects itself when turning now so no skill involved anymore. The only thing that can go wrong is diving to deeply and you cannot pull up. IF I was starting this game again and needed easy points just rape in a chopper. There is no way to actually kill a chopper that stays high....RPG dart is never gonna hit even a slow chopper that stays high and it would be a pure fluke to hit it and stationary AT guns are a joke.

So well done EA fugged up another chapter in the game.....just like the JETS in BF2.....MEh.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

On servers with a small amount of people they are very powerful.

But a sniper with a M95 might take down a heli or at least do a lot of damage. Who know he might get lucky and snipe the pilot. I've done it before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jesus..the M60 is overpowered, the AN94 is overpowered, the Carl Gustav is over-powered, the chopper is overpowered.
    Sometimes I wonder do people actually want any weapons in games like Battlefield...are they happy to actually just walk around the place doing fúckall.
    Yes..the trace darts are a bit slower but it now takes skill to bring down a chopper...this is the way it's supposed to be ..and I'm not talking from just a pilot side..
    Since the new patch came out I've adapted and have still taken down a few choppers...at least with the choppers one missile is enough...the tanks need a few hits.

This is the whole problem with the Battlefield community.
    Vanilla version of BF2- All jets are roughly balanced and no one jet is more powerful than the others. Are overpowered against ground troops but hey..it's supposed to be that way..ask the Iraqis about the USAF..
    The whiners: The jets are too powerful.
    EA: Ok..AA increased and missiles turn radius increased.
    The Whines:The jets suck and the J10 is too powerful
    EA: Ok..jet turn radius reduced..F35B flares reload reduced
    The Whiners: The J10s suck.
    EA: For the love of God :(

I'm seeing the same going for Bad Company,..people bitching about the guns/choppers/tanks etc..
    And each patch EA will release trying to fix this leads to people bitching about other areas until eventually the game is fúcked.

Battlefield 2 patch 1.3 had the game balanced, AA was good, the jets were balanced and Wake Island was included.
    Of course some people still weren't happy and the game went downhill after that.

Result = All the jets now suck in Battlefield but not as much as the J10.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

NO...you missing the whole point. If you have choppers on a map (Snow Level) then you have to have AA guns. A stationary AT gun is never gonna hit a moving chopper, and it will take everyone on the opposite side being an engi to take a chopper down quickly and without getting hammered doing so. I am not saying dont tweak but have the means to cope with the choppers.

For the record its only the people who get hammered at the game who moan NOT ME. I never had a problem with the M60 or the rest.....the only REAL problem that I have is CG against INFANTRY which was just madness on a 24 player server and 20 peeps were doin it.

yeah..everyone hates noobtoobers..
    granted I see the point of them for the assault class but giving engineers the option of the Carl Gustav was bloody madness.
    MW2 took it even worse where not only could you have your noobtoob but also you could have the thumper or rpg as well as having scavenger...you really have to wonder what these morons were thinking off when developing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Aircraft and choppers are supposed to be powerful, and the opposing teams' airforces are each others biggest threat. The problem arises when one team has competent pilots and the other has clueless ones. If this happens to your team and annoys you so much, then get the jet/chopper and even the playing field in the sky instead of bitching.

Also BC2 has no TV guided missiles on the choppers? what a joke

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

seyeM wrote: »

No, but they do have tracer guided missiles, if the gunner has the ALTW package, and tracers a vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Spear wrote: »
    No, but they do have tracer guided missiles, if the gunner has the ALTW package, and tracers a vehicle.
    Didn't know that.

=-=

Have found hitting a choppa with a tracer dart and hitting it with an RPG to be easy recently. Or it could just be the pilot: shot the ame guy down about 4 times on the desert map.

If your in the transport heli and you get tracer darted if you're an assault class with a smokegrenade launcher just fire one inside the troop bay and remove the dart. Also useful if ur in a tank/APC.

seyeM wrote: »
    Aircraft and choppers are supposed to be powerful, and the opposing teams' airforces are each others biggest threat. The problem arises when one team has competent pilots and the other has clueless ones. If this happens to your team and annoys you so much, then get the jet/chopper and even the playing field in the sky instead of bitching.

Or when you are the only one risking your ass to take it down (chopper)while 15 snipers on your side all try to shoot the one person deep in a base.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Or when you are the only one risking your ass to take it down (chopper)while 15 snipers on your side all try to shoot the one person deep in a base.

Which oddly enough, if you once again spawn as assault and keep dropping smoke grenades on them they tend to take more of a active role.

• Advertisement

Equally I've lost a few 5vs5 games because people jump into the heli and fly around straffing things and not capturing flags or deactivating mcoms.

I know people hate changing things but they should put the tracer dart speed back to the speed before the last patch. It would nicely balance the increased maneuverability of the heli's and the ability to remove the tracers with smoke. But Dice never do things sensibly.

Equally I've lost a few 5vs5 games because people jump into the heli and fly around straffing things and not capturing flags or deactivating mcoms.

I know people hate changing things but they should put the tracer dart speed back to the speed before the last patch. It would nicely balance the increased maneuverability of the heli's and the ability to remove the tracers with smoke. But Dice never do things sensibly.

you're taking the píss there dewinter...why not as soon as someone jumps into the heli, have it explode and award you the points...
    Why not go all the way and have one shot kills for tanks etc..oh I know why ;)
    You use the tanks but not the choppers...
    It's whingers like you that caused DICE to constantly patch BF2 and look at it now!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Heli's are perfect imo, I didnt go near choppers in the last patch because of them being shot down so easily, they were only effective for quick travel and jumping out at the destination.

Now they have decent survivability and as an engineer much more fun when you shoot them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Is having an Engineer sitting in the back of the heli repairing still bugged? When you can get hit reg on the inside of the heli with the repair tool?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

lafortezza wrote: »
    Is having an Engineer sitting in the back of the heli repairing still bugged? When you can get hit reg on the inside of the heli with the repair tool?

Is that a bug? Or is is meant to be that way?

You could always repair from the inside of a chopper in the BF series.... (i.e. blackhawk)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'm not sure, I read about it on different forums, and then tried it myself in game.
    Sitting in the back of the chopper on Valparaiso, I couldn't get any 'hit reg' at all with the repair tool. Ended up whirling the mouse around pointing at all the different parts of the chopper, eventually hit a part of the roof and was able to repair. But it seems miles too random and frustrating to be designed like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

lafortezza wrote: »
    I'm not sure, I read about it on different forums, and then tried it myself in game.
    Sitting in the back of the chopper on Valparaiso, I couldn't get any 'hit reg' at all with the repair tool. Ended up whirling the mouse around pointing at all the different parts of the chopper, eventually hit a part of the roof and was able to repair. But it seems miles too random and frustrating to be designed like that.

They just don't want to make it easy on ya! I've defo repaired alright, can't remember if I had many difficulties finding the spot to repair though - maybe it depends on the chopper?

Nah far too risky to do it....I mean you are getting hammered by flak or whatever and repairing like a madman, when 99% of the time the pilot bales mid repair and you get GOD.....NO THANKS.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

Need this black hawk :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIys-WTEPMQ

Full squad, squad leader as pilot - 2 medics, 1 support and 3 engineers in the back repairing. Makes it nearly invincible to anything except a jet or an attack chopper.

Advertisement