Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fozzy

Options
  • 14-07-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭

Any fans of this band? While not knowing much, what I have heard is alright. Actually have good old pro wrestler Chris Jericho in there. Any thoughts on the band or any fan here?

Apparently they'll be playing here in October.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I was hoping this thread was going to have something to do with this guy:

fozzie.jpg

I'm disappointed now but I'll check them out later :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Mushy wrote: »
    Any fans of this band?

I'm a fan. Have all their albums. Went to Stuck Mojo just because Rich Ward plays with them. Rich Ward is the other guy from Fozzy, for those who don't know, and actually Jericho doesn't have too bad of a voice live.

Had a ticket to see them in the Limelight a few years ago, actually still have it, but the gig fell on the date of something else I was meant to do....escapes me actually, and I was confined to stay in Dublin and not see them. As luck would have it their Voodoo gigs always sold out in minutes

They're one of the few bands I've seen who'll do a Matinee performance for the younger fans during the day, before another one on the same day later that night, and the earlier one is much funnier because all the mothers bring the young WWE fans lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

saw them in the Voodoo a couple of years back and had a ball, thought it was a really good gig and the place was packed........don't listen to them much but the last couple of albums have been decent.......

Mushy any idea where they are down to play in Oct ???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

NIBBS wrote: »
    Mushy any idea where they are down to play in Oct ???

No idea, Jericho put on his twitter something along the lines of 'England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France...get ready we're coming'. I got it here:

http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/m4698852.aspx

Can see the twitter thing few posts down, and Scottish one is announced. Based on that venue, not exactly sure, but it'd prob be Whelans or TBMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Dublin and Belfast announced. 14/15 October. Spring and airbrake and Button Factory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

jaysus - I'm already broke.......
    think this is a must - was a really fun night last time out....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭AndywK

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

AndywK wrote: »

Prefer the unofficial one TBH, a lot more action and the danger of getting caught not being official ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I first heard about them a few years back when Wylde and Tremonti did guest solos on the All That Remains album. Not too bad like but a little too eclectic for me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

I'm a fan. Have all their albums. Went to Stuck Mojo just because Rich Ward plays with them. Rich Ward is the other guy from Fozzy, for those who don't know, and actually Jericho doesn't have too bad of a voice live.

Where did ya go to see Mojo? been a big fan of them since I got one of their tracks with a Metal Hammer magazine about 12 years ago. Rich is brilliant to watch onstage, full of energy... worth goin to see Fozzy/ Mojo just for him. Headin over to see them in Dusseldorf for the first time on Sunday. if you're interested my band I'D FIGHT GANDHI just recorded at track with Lord Nelson, their vocalist...

http://www.reverbnation.com/idfightgandhi

The Fozzy gig in The Limelight a few years back was great craic although you sometimes feel bad for the rest of the band that the place is full or Jericho / wrestling marks. I remember a big ECW chant starting cos Rich had an ecw shirt on and Jericho gettin pissed off. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Chris Jericho did a Q&A on Twitter, and the obvious question about a new album was asked, the follow up to Sin & Bones in Jericho's own words is set for June 2014 release :D

Advertisement