Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to make a team to complete online for SSF4

Options
  • 14-07-2010 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Heya guys, I run an XBOX clan called SRM (Short for Sumus Regis Mundanus). We play mainly FPSs, but I'm hoping to break into the SF scene. Currently I'm the only player, which is why I'm coming on boards to recruit.We need a min of 3 people before we can start. We compete on the GB circuit, and if we do well there, we may look into doing lans. If interested, post here, pm me, or msg me on XBL. You will need to make a gamebattles account. Don't worry about your ability. I'm only a beginner, so you won't do worse than me ;)

GT=> Slugs91

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What's the story with this? Do you play in online tournaments or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

We compete on Gamebattles. Basically it's an online league where you can organise matches and play with other teams, or play on your own in a singles league (for free). They hold tournaments from time to time, but an entry fee is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Are you looking for Irish players specifically? If it's the UK as well, you might be better off posting on neo empire about it (or at least mentioning it there as well):

http://www.neoempire.com/forum/index.php

Well realistically Irish players would be more suitable, but I'll try that website. Thanks for pointing that out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'm a member of game battles but I've certainly no interest in paying to play an online tournament and I'd bet no one else here would either.

People might play free with you.

• Advertisement

Where did I say anything about paying to play o.O? Unless you're refering to my reply to DooM

Slugs wrote: »
    We compete on Gamebattles. Basically it's an online league where you can organise matches and play with other teams, or play on your own in a singles league (for free). They hold tournaments from time to time, but an entry fee is required.

I'd be vaguely interested but I'm often out of the country.

Also, you'll have a hard time convincing anyone here to pay to play SF online as lag affects fighting games really badly and it's impossible to garuntee a consistent experience.

I'd be vaguely interested but I'm often out of the country.

Also, you'll have a hard time convincing anyone here to pay to play SF online as lag affects fighting games really badly and it's impossible to garuntee a consistent experience.
    Cheers ;). I know the lag can be a huge issue which is why I'd also be unwilling to pay to play. This'd be a more relaxed setting, but I'd still be looking to play competitively, if you catch my drift :P

Cheers ;). I know the lag can be a huge issue which is why I'd also be unwilling to pay to play. This'd be a more relaxed setting, but I'd still be looking to play competitively, if you catch my drift :P

Sure I'm interested as it might give a bit of structure to my online play but as I said I can be kind of time limited.

You should come along to our casuals if you can and get to know a few of the lads and our levels.

Sure I'm interested as it might give a bit of structure to my online play but as I said I can be kind of time limited.

You should come along to our casuals if you can and get to know a few of the lads and our levels.
    I'd love to but i'm stuck in Cork... Your online time isn't an issue. I can just get some other people on the roster so I don't have to depend on you. What's yoru XBL gt?

• Advertisement

To be honest you're approaching this game wrong. No one who is particularly good will care about online rankings much less a websites leagues. not to mention the effort it takes for teams to organise themselves.

Also Street fighter isnt a team game, apart from rare offline team tournies (hello sisko c'mon like)

You'd be far better off just playing online with us and trying to make it an event in limerick or dublin.

TL,DR you will put in too much effort to play a game against it's design imo.

o.O WTF are you talking about. This isn't going to be especially serious given the difficulty in trying to get a decent connection on SF. Why would I travel to limerick or dublin, which requires expense on my part, when I can just play online with no expense incurred to play. And if it's against the design of the game, why was it implemented. Tbh, all you're trying to do in my eyes is troll. I've already explained that this isn't going to be srs bzns. If you've no interested, then stop posting.

o.O WTF are you talking about. This isn't going to be especially serious given the difficulty in trying to get a decent connection on SF. Why would I travel to limerick or dublin, which requires expense on my part, when I can just play online with no expense incurred to play. And if it's against the design of the game, why was it implemented. Tbh, all you're trying to do in my eyes is troll. I've already explained that this isn't going to be srs bzns. If you've no interested, then stop posting.

Calm down. :)

Most good SF players hate online because it plays like a different game. Kneecap is just saying you'll prob get more out of it if you attend an offline meet (which I actually agree with, I'm interested in doing something a bit more constructive with my online time) :)

You're going to have to get used to opinions like that- it's pretty standard for online FGs, not trollng.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

No one who is particularly good will care about online rankings much less a websites leagues.

I know of some VERY good players who spend a huge amount in online ranked battles. Not everyone has the facilities to play off line as often as we'd like.

I'd be kinda interested, work schedule permitting as always, keep us informed.

oh btw the XBL tag is ayjayirl. Two people use it. I'm the Guile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

....and I'm the other, superior player :p

Stop being an arse, I gave you practical advice on the public forum in which you posted a JOIN MY CLAN PLX thread on.
    Take it, dismiss it, roll it up and snort it off the backside of a 16 year old, do what you want with it, but don't be a dick. It certainly won't help you recruit people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Golly IE

Kneecap is an angry man :D

I would probably be interested

oooook.

How about every one calm down.

There's no need for aggression.

Yes it's a join my clan thread, not give me a reason why I shouldn't start a clan. Everything you've posted I've either come to the same conclusion and tried to work around it, or accepted it and got over it. You haven't been helpful.

Golly what's your GT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Golly IE

Yes it's a join my clan thread, not give me a reason why I shouldn't start a clan. Everything you've posted I've either come to the same conclusion and tried to work around it, or accepted it and got over it. You haven't been helpful.

Golly what's your GT?

Golly IE

Alright I'll send you a FR in a while, and PM sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Sagat06 wrote: »
    I know of some VERY good players who spend a huge amount in online ranked battles. Not everyone has the facilities to play off line as often as we'd like.

Completely agree.

To dismiss online players as a lesser beast is at best silly,

Hound played at all times online, and ripped up the best offline players in his first tourney.

Ken B also laid a wake in his first tourney after years of playing online.

Practice makes a good player. Tut tutting at folk who play online and not off only makes sense if you can beat them on both levels.

You're completely agreeing against a point i never made.
    In fact I said he should play online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

We had a guy trying to run a pay to play online tourney here before , hence prob why that assumption was made.

Kneecaps never said online players are not good players, just how the offline game is where its at in the end. Which we all know.

Most people who play this competitively , its generally about playing in person so with this genre your gonna get people... emphasising that point. He wasn't trolling you.

But your just looking for a bit of craic and thats fair enough.

apart from rare offline team tournies (hello sisko c'mon like)

What? What did I do? :(
    Why would I travel to limerick or dublin, which requires expense on my part, when I can just play online with no expense incurred to play.

Eh because its fucking savage craic and in the end where its at. :D Its not uncommon for people to travel to other countries for events.

Online is only ever a substitute for offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Sisko wrote: »

Eh because its fucking savage craic and in the end where its at. :D Its not uncommon for people to travel to other countries for events.

Online is only ever a substitute for offline.

Offline events are great, completely different atmosphere to playing online.

I also have no interest in joining this sorry. My connection is so random, I can get great games one day, horrible the next. Consistency is a big problem with online SF.

GorySnake wrote: »
    Offline events are great, completely different atmosphere to playing online.

I also have no interest in joining this sorry. My connection is so random, I can get great games one day, horrible the next. Consistency is a big problem with online SF.
    :) Thanks anyway. I know online consistency is a huge problem for everyone, which is preventing some of my clan members from playing sf. They don't have the patience to deal with loss by lagg :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Id be interested in regular team battles, its pretty much myself and generics play around, imo its the most fun mode in the game. Was never one for the whole 'clan' thing tho.

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Id be interested in regular team battles, its pretty much myself and generics play around, imo its the most fun mode in the game. Was never one for the whole 'clan' thing tho.
    Well I'd have no problem adding you for team scrims :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Well I'd have no problem adding you for team scrims :)

Ya do man. My XBL tag is the same as my boards one. Add me and we'll have a few games to see where each of us are.

Advertisement