Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about going on the dole.

Options
  • 14-07-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi,
    somewhat of a user here but want to go unreg for this just incase.

so for the past number of years i have been working part time.
    it started out as a means to getting somewhere more full time, waiting for the company to really take off, then just as it was about to take off i had some personal issues which forced me to take some time out from the job.

the company took off then and hired someone to replace me. this was all before the recession hit, i tried to comeback then but the recession really hit home and while i got some more part time work there wasnt enough to sustain me. now there is pretty much no work for me there or at least not at the moment.

since the start none of this paid work was not declared. it wasnt like i was getting huge amounts and was cheating the system out of money, if anything i probably could have been earning some money from the social welfare.
    but now the way things are gone i would like to go on the dole as i am flat broke, and jobs are hard to come by, i live in the middle of nowhere.

plus if i went on the dole i would be able to do some courses with alot of the fees paid.

what i want to know is, would there be a problem if i went into the offices now with a p45 from 5 years ago?
    would i need to start showing them bank statements etc from all that time?
    would anyone have experience from a similar matter?

any help greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You'll get better answers in the State Benefits forum.

dudara

Advertisement