Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henry signs for Red Bulls

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

x PyRo wrote: »
    He is, closely followed by Bergkamp.

Anyways, hope he's successful there, a true legend to me.

ah bergkamp is a step above

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Bergkamp had superior technical ability (though not by much, Henry was superb too) and vision, but Henry's physical gifts were ridiculous.

Anyway I'm sure Thierry will enjoy New York, particularly now that he's a single man. Hopefully he'll **** around for a couple of years and then come home to Arsenal. Don't care in what function as long as he's involved somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Legend, can't wait to see him back at Arsenal.

HenrykissDM2506_468x536.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,142 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'd be surprised if he's not getting a goal a game tbh. Even Angel, at 34 is comfortably getting 1 in 2 (47goals in 77 games). Henry will tear that league apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if he's not getting a goal a game tbh. Even Angel, at 34 is comfortably getting 1 in 2 (47goals in 77 games). Henry will tear that league apart.

Not necessarily, it's tougher to score than most people think. Ljungberg who joined Seattle last year now wants out, complaining about the league when he's score a massive 2 goals in a season and a half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I can't wait to see his reaction to a good old-fashioned hard tackle when the player gets the ball before the man. Its not a free kick in the MLS and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

FatherTed wrote: »
    Not necessarily, it's tougher to score than most people think. Ljungberg who joined Seattle last year now wants out, complaining about the league when he's score a massive 2 goals in a season and a half.

The years haven't been kind to Freddie though unfortunately. Henry still has plenty left in the tank though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

I hear theres a boycott being talked about by the Irish-American Red Bulls fans. Talk about biting off your nose.....

tommyhaas wrote: »
    I hear theres a boycott being talked about by the Irish-American Red Bulls fans. Talk about biting off your nose.....

I was wondering if the Irish fans would kick up a fuss. I doubt it'll last long, unless he flops!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

L'prof wrote: »
    I doubt it'll last long, unless he flops!

Nail on the head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

L'prof wrote: »
    I was wondering if the Irish fans would kick up a fuss. I doubt it'll last long, unless he flops!
    You obv don't know what the Irish in the US are like.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You obv don't know what the Irish in the US are like.

Probably underestimating them, but I suppose when I think about it, he still gets lambasted over here. I've been over it long time now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I loved him until he broke our hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Henry interviewed on US tv. cringeworthy due to the hosts lack of knowledge.

"so you've just won the world cup...."

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/is-this-the-worst-soccer-interview-ever/9890

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

jaykay74 wrote: »

hadnt read that before watching the video... I just spat I laughed so hard. Brilliant! Just Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Henry interviewed on US tv. cringeworthy due to the hosts lack of knowledge.

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/is-this-the-worst-soccer-interview-ever/9890

All the footage they show as well. The ireland handball is there. I bet thats exactly what he wanted to see! They have shown it twice so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

FatherTed wrote: »

Saw an article with Ljungberg recently saying he wants to stay for a further two years since Seattle helped cure his long standing hip problem ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Ever since he left the gunners the game was up for him..he was truly a marvel in the red and white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

ultain wrote: »
    Ever since he left the gunners the game was up for him..he was truly a marvel in the red and white.

That's a lie, he had two great seasons at Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Frisbee wrote: »
    That's a lie, he had two great seasons at Barca.
    A shadow of the player he was at arsenal and that's a fact!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

ultain wrote: »
    A shadow of the player he was at arsenal and that's a fact!!

He was being played on the wing ?

Advertisement