Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending photocopies of your A-Level results

Options
  • 14-07-2010 1:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I remember when I applied I had to send CAO my GCSE and A-Level results, but they wanted photocopies not the originals, which I thought was weird because it rendered all the security features on the documents (watermarks, thermal marks etc) useless. What would stop someone changing say, a C to a B grade or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Nothing stopping anyone. But when you do register and start a course they ask for your information again and I think this is when checks are done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Larianne wrote: »
    Nothing stopping anyone. But when you do register and start a course they ask for your information again and I think this is when checks are done.
    No they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well, when I started last year I had to fill out a form with all information including my leaving cert results etc. I also had to get a police check done.

Fair enough if you say it isn't done but it was in the uni I go to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Larianne wrote: »
    Well, when I started last year I had to fill out a form with all information including my leaving cert results etc. I also had to get a police check done.

Fair enough if you say it isn't done but it was in the uni I go to.
    Oh right. I went to NUIG and they never mentioned anything about it.

The photocopies sitll have your candidate nubmer etc on so maybe CAO contact the relevent exam bodies and verify your grades - but that begs the question, why do they bother asking you to send off photocopies then?

I'm sure it's pretty tempting to forge something like this, as it can be the difference between getting onto a course you really want or not. Although you might end up kicked off CAO altogether if they find out =/

Advertisement