Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispute AIB Mastercard double charge

Options
  • 14-07-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

The short version:
    I was booking flights with air asia yesterday, the site crashed with an error screen, received no confirmation screen or email
    Rebooked flights, received confirmation emails for both bookings.

There are now two charges on my AIB mastercard. I've tried to get in touch with air asia by phone and email over the last day but there has been no email response and I'm just being left on hold. This seems to be in line with their customer service record based on some blogs I've read.

I rang AIB credit card support today. They told me that both charges are "pending" which apparently means "approved" and there's nothing they can do because the credit card details were not obtained illegally by the company. Therefore I should deal directly with the company.

What options are open to me in terms of disputing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

A chargeback can't be opened until you've exhausted all avenues with the company. If two charges are pending, it doesn't necessarily mean that you've been charged twice. One may just be an authorisation, which will expire normally. First step is to see if both charges actually appear on the statement.

If it doesn't keep a note of all your attempts to communicate with Air Asia. You do have to make the attempt to resolve it with them first. If they haven't responded within a few weeks of your letters/calls/emails (keep note of all communications), then talk to AIB again and explain you've made all attempts to contact the company and you've so far been unsuccessful. You'll probably be asked to send a letter to AIB, documenting what happened, what you've done etc, and to include the associated communication details in order to get the chargeback processed.

Advertisement