Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bought tv-Now dont want

Options
  • 14-07-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Dont know if this is the right place for this-As i said i bought a Medion tv in aldi for €180 and it just isnt right for my room-i got a rush of blood to the head and bought it-big mistake,i just dont want it anymore,its been opened but i have the box,reciept and everything that came with it,is there any chance of a refund?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Entirely at the discretion of the retailer. I presume it's Aldi or someone.

You have no right to any refund in this scenario, but afaik Aldi & Lidl are very good for taking back stuff that's complete and intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Really?Cheers for that,ill wrap everything up the way it was and bring it back.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yea pack it back up properly and take it back Aldi are really good at taking stuff back. recently returned something they asked what was wrong with it i just said the plug cable was too short and i would have to run a extension cord the manager oh right thats grand and gave a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Yep,brought it back,they were cool,no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

dannyo666 wrote: »
    Yep,brought it back,they were cool,no probs

Just an FYI for the future, ALDI/LIDL operate a 30 day money back option, which it why they accepted it, but on day 31....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Just an FYI for the future, ALDI/LIDL operate a 30 day money back option, which it why they accepted it, but on day 31....

There has to be some sort of cut off point, and it is an option that legally they do not have to offer. If day 31 is the cut off point, well why on earth would you wait that long to return something that you didn't want but had no fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Lucky this time. Aldi/Lidl are one of the few stores that allow you to return big items like TVs just because you didn't want them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Haggis The Dog

Not many retailers would do that...they are under no obligation to take back due to change of mind...fair play to Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭lau1247

while it is good that they take back the stuff from the buyer point of view..

However would it essentially be considered as 'used' for the next person who bought the returned good?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

lau1247 wrote: »

However would it essentially be considered as 'used' for the next person who bought the returned good?

You're assuming they would sell it again as "new", they have warehouse sales every now and then..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

lau1247 wrote: »

theyde be breaking the law if they sold it as new when it wasnt ,im sure it happens sometimes but the goods would need to be immaculate with no evidence of use

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If it is a "Digital " TV you can bring it back anytime. Lidl and Aldi digital TVs normally do not pick up Irish Digital TV and are not "fit for the purpose".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If it is a "Digital " TV you can bring it back anytime. Lidl and Aldi digital TVs normally do not pick up Irish Digital TV and are not "fit for the purpose".
    Not true. They are for purpose unless specifically branded as being able to pick up Saorview digital. There is no official digital freeview system in operation in ireland, save for the overflow from the UK

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Not true. They are for purpose unless specifically branded as being able to pick up Saorview digital.
    Ehh no. Digital Television implies "fit for" receipt of Digital picture and sound over the AIR. Aldi so called TVs sold in Ireland cannot do this.

A device that cannot do so is called "A Monitor". Had Aldi sold a digital monitor rather than a digital TV then there would be no problem.

Advertisement