Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downloading loads of files from site

• 14-07-2010 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

hi all
    i'm trying to grab a load of files from this site - www.ut-files.com
    there's hundreds (if not thousands of files) on it. i'm trying to grab them all from a specific folder (eg Maps). rather than click every link individually, is there any way to download them all in a batch? i've tried using jDownloader but it sees all the files as offline.

any suggestions? thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

whiteman19 wrote: »
    hi all
    i'm trying to grab a load of files from this site - www.ut-files.com
    there's hundreds (if not thousands of files) on it. i'm trying to grab them all from a specific folder (eg Maps). rather than click every link individually, is there any way to download them all in a batch? i've tried using jDownloader but it sees all the files as offline.

any suggestions? thanks :)

Try firefox extension Downthemall, once you open the folder with files right click the page, choose "DownThemAll" and tick the extensions you wish to dl, it should go automatically from there :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You could also try the command-line utility wget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

yoyo wrote: »
    Try firefox extension Downthemall, once you open the folder with files right click the page, choose "DownThemAll" and tick the extensions you wish to dl, it should go automatically from there :)

Nick
    working like a charm :) though it sees the MD5 checksums as zip files as well, but since they're less than a byte, it'll fly through them. too many to uncheck (500+ for each folder :eek:)

thanks for that.
    @bonzodog i might check out wget later when i've finished with this batch :)

working like a charm :) though it sees the MD5 checksums as zip files as well, but since they're less than a byte, it'll fly through them. too many to uncheck (500+ for each folder :eek:)

thanks for that.
    @bonzodog i might check out wget later when i've finished with this batch :)

Sort by size, delete the small sized items in explorer, solution to that issiue :)

Nick

actually the checksums are all named the same so i told it to skip all files with index.php. but the file sizes come up as "Unknown".

if i pause all downloads, can i shut down my laptop, and start it up again, will it resume from where it left off, just like jDownloader does with certain sites?

• Advertisement

actually the checksums are all named the same so i told it to skip all files with index.php. but the file sizes come up as "Unknown".

if i pause all downloads, can i shut down my laptop, and start it up again, will it resume from where it left off, just like jDownloader does with certain sites?

DTA supports resume afaik once the server does!

Nick

well that site allows resumable downloads, tried pausing one there and it allowed it to be resumed. Score! cos it's going to take ages to download every one of them on my slow bb so i'd need to be able to pause overnight (i don't leave my laptop on overnight)

thanks yoyo :)

well that site allows resumable downloads, tried pausing one there and it allowed it to be resumed. Score! cos it's going to take ages to download every one of them on my slow bb so i'd need to be able to pause overnight (i don't leave my laptop on overnight)

thanks yoyo :)

Glad it helped :)

Nick

Advertisement