Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halogen light transformer

• 14-07-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My Dad has a nice halogen lamp that has a 12V low voltage bulb and uses a switch mode power supply with a foot slider to vary the brightness. Kinda sorta looks like this model from Ikea. Problem is the power supply has gone boom.

It seems a pity to just junk the whole thing for what could easily be an internal fuse somewhere in the power supply. Are there replacements for the supply section readily available somewhere or am I just wasting my time looking for something that will cost more than the lamp did? I think the bulb is 60W so at 12V DC that's 5 amps continuous which strikes me as rather a lot...

Thanks.

Advertisement