If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between Humax boxes?

Options
  • 14-07-2010 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

What is the difference between Humax HD PVR & Humax HDR PVR?
    - you have the HDR PVR model listed on your web site

Sorry if a silly question & they're the same, I'm confused with all the specs that are out there.

LeNNoX

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi LeNNoX.

The Humax HD Foxsat box is the non hard drive version priced at £129.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/foxsat-hd/huma-foxsathd-box

And the Humax HDR PVR is the 320GB version priced at £229.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/foxsat-hdr/huma-foxsat-hdr-box

I hope this helps clear things up a little :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Kenny,

Thanks for the quick response.

Am i correct in saying "PVR" doesn't apply to the Humax HD (non hard disk box)?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

You would indeed be correct in saying that the PVR does not apply to the Humax HD non hard drive version.

PVR (personal video recorder) is a device that records video in a digital format to a Disk Drive. :)

The pvr would give you "sky plus" type abilities with the freesat channels eg live pause,the ability to record 2 programmes at once,record one whilst watching another etc
    For full recording,you need two cables from your dish to that humax pvr and a dual or quad lnb on your dish.
    It can work with just one cable but you can only record the programme you are watching if you do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I bought the hard drive version from Richersounds in May 2009 and it is the biz. Pausing live tv, rewinding it or just plain recording it is brilliant, especially as I've got 5 kids who always want Dad for something when he's watching the tv :D

And the biggest plus is that as its a freesat box, you aren't paying SKY a hefty premium every month. Once you buy the Humax, its yours and no more bills.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

The pvr would give you "sky plus" type abilities with the freesat channels eg live pause,the ability to record 2 programmes at once,record one whilst watching another etc
    For full recording,you need two cables from your dish to that humax pvr and a dual or quad lnb on your dish.
    It can work with just one cable but you can only record the programme you are watching if you do that.

BB & Boardies,

I have a Humax myself (as well as a Sagem tuner - how much TV can a household watch :o) & you can actually use the Humax HDR with one satellite feed however it does have more limited functionality - you can record two programmmes at the same time or record one & watch another, even with one feed - however you are a little limited with what 2 channels you can watch or record at the same time - and sometimes if you are recording one channel - thenther one you are watching can be a bit 'pixelly' but if it's just throwaway TV it's normally fine.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭allanpkr

im a tech newborn ,could you tell me if theres anyway of recording on an external hdrive on the humax hdr .ty for any help ,havnt bought one yet looking into it. sorry if its a dumb question.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

allanpkr wrote: »
    im a tech newborn ,could you tell me if theres anyway of recording on an external hdrive on the humax hdr .ty for any help ,havnt bought one yet looking into it. sorry if its a dumb question.

I have one, love it - but to the best of my knowledge thats not possible..

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.