Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ford 6600 wiring diagram

• 14-07-2010 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hello.

i was wondering would anyone have a wiring diagram for a ford 6600, i want to get all the lights indicators etc etc back working for friend of me dad's , be a interesting task. and a diagram save some hassle and head scratching . thanks .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Ollie, if my experience with Fords is anything to go by, then forget about a wiring diagram, not only are they scarce, there will be so many variations they will drive you to drink.

The vast majority of problems with lights etc are down to grotty connections.

Get yourself a multimeter, find the continuity test on it and painstakingly go through the loom, finding and sorting bad connections as you go.

It will take time & patience but there is no short cut.

Cheers, fishtits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 olliewexford

well by the sounds of that you've been down that road before ,Cheers i'll bell out the cables and start from scratch, i don't know a mad lot about auto wiring , but i worked with electricians for years and do enjoy auto wiring , on the bright side its not one of these new can-bus wiring jobs like on the bmw etc ..

Thanks very much i'll get stuck in so . take care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PNEE1

I have recently rewired a Leyland 272 and a Dexta which has been completely rebuild (lovely little tractor). I both cases we got new wiring looms and the tractors manuals had wiring diagrams in it. My best advice is if its a clean/ reconditioned tractor, spend the money and buy a new loom. The leyland one was a couple of hundred but it was worth it. The Dexta one was only 40 quid or so. If its just a fix up job, then try and repair whats there, but you'll be surprised how many wires are in the simplest tractors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭maidhc

PM me if you are stuck and I'll email you the diagram, I should have it.

I agreee with the comment re a multimeter, it tends to be the most trustworthy method.

Advertisement