Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical/ Military scholarships?

Options
  • 14-07-2010 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

anyone got any information on attaining scholarships for medical school?? what i mean is that i have searched for military scholarships to pay tuition and all that in return for years of service in the British and US Army/AF/Navy but both require residency requirements of a certain number of years(5yrs min living in UK) AND a (green card for US).....they look excellent in both circumstances in terms of opportunities and experience.

any other information on away around this problem or any other information regarding projects like these would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I wouldn't call it a problem - these organisations want a high standard of candidate so that the investment they make is likely to be more worth it!

If you do have the right visa requirements, you would likely need excellent marks at school, with a proven interest in things medical/maybe military eg been a member in one if the voluntary ambulance corps, done 1st aid courses etc.

Of course, I'm just guessing so you'd be best contacting the respective armies yourself.

The Australiam Army does something similar, I know a German guy who is currently doing his bonded time. Worth looking up if that's the way you want to go.

Advertisement