Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrading with Eircom

• 14-07-2010 3:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

I'm on a austerity drive (buzzword of 2010) at the minute.
    I have a 7MB Eircom Bundle that I was going to downgrade to a 3MB broadband only, so getting rid of the landline telephone that I never use.
    Saves me €37 a month, €30 vs €67.

Will I experience any downtime during the switchover ?.
    Is there any way to squirm out the €25 administration charge ?.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Even on a broadband-only package won't eircom still charge you for the line rental?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Even on a broadband-only package won't eircom still charge you for the line rental?

Yeah, but it comes in at €29.99 p/m inclusive of Line Rental.
    http://www.eircom.net/broadband/products/bbpackages/2/?view=Standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

I don't think you'll have downtime, eircom just change the cap that's on your line.
    Although I'm not an expert on this, but when they changed me from 3 to 7 I didn't have any downtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Short answer is no there will be no downtime at all
    i switched from 1mb to 3mb in my old house and never went down just keep checking your router stats till you see the speed at 3012 kbps
    then you will know when you have been downgraded :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

It doesn't come in at €29.99.

It's €29.99 + €25.36 (line rental) = €55.35.

On the site, the bundle is quoted inclusive of line rental, the broadband standalone is not (though they don't bother to tell you this)

i.e
    7Mb Broadband + Free Anytime calls = €67.71
    3Mb Broadband + No phone = €55.35

Basically for a tenner less a month, you lose the phone and get less than half the broadband speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

thats a scam 25euro for a crappy eircom copper line rental good luck to them ill stick with me wireless

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

It doesn't come in at €29.99.

It's €29.99 + €25.36 (line rental) = €55.35.

On the site, the bundle is quoted inclusive of line rental, the broadband standalone is not (though they don't bother to tell you this)

i.e
    7Mb Broadband + Free Anytime calls = €67.71
    3Mb Broadband + No phone = €55.35

Basically for a tenner less a month, you lose the phone and get less than half the broadband speed.

I had a look back on their site & there's no mention of the line rental being additional, are you 100%.

In fact you may be right cause they do note that the bundle is inclusive of line rental, no mention on the broadband only option.
    My austerity measures have been ruined, damn you eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    I had a look back on their site & there's no mention of the line rental being additional, are you 100%.

In fact you may be right cause they do note that the bundle is inclusive of line rental, no mention on the broadband only option.
    My austerity measures have been ruined, damn you eircom.

If you go through the order process (create fake name etc.)
    You'll see the prices detailed.

They really shouldn't be allowed advertise those prices for standalone broadband, as it is false advertising.

Advertisement