Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone thinking about high voltage in london next week.

Options
  • 14-07-2010 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Just want to share what I have just got today. Think I did OK and it may be of benefit to someone. I was looking to travel without the redeye factor so no 6am flights or mad scrums for a seat........... Its the 8th wedding anniversary so cannot be to cheap :D

I checked the different airlines but even with a no taxes deal on Ryanair on the way out, they weren't great. Eventually got, 2 return flights Dub-London City for 360 euro (Cityjet)

Then got two admission tix buy 1 get 1 free, with ORANGE phone deals so two days admission for 2 people, for £135. They dont even operate in Ireland but it went through!

I could have done it cheaper but the arseing around with ryanair fees, then the return train from stanstead made it pretty much the same price. Aerlingus wasnt to bad, but cheap flights at 6 in morning means starting travelling about 3 or 4am. Cityjet are more civilised, 9am flights with 15 and 30 min checkins.

Now just to source a cheap guest house.....

http://web.lst.orange.co.uk/event/high-voltage
    http://www.cityjet.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Heading to it myself with 2 mates, worked out cheaply enough. Had to get the latest flights on friday and earliest on monday back (work and all that jazz)

Should be good, really looking forward to the Dio Tribute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Thought about going fri night but it was only meant another night in a hotel which could be steep.

Did you get a cheap ticket?

That link I put on gets you 2 for 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

thanks for the link - ordered my tickets ages ago though.....
    heading over early early Sat morning.....

lookin forward to loads of bands......on all three stages....just worried about clashes.....wish they'd release the stage times.......

most lookin forward to seeing ZZ Top, H&H Tribute.....Foreigner (I'm amazed by how much I love their last album).....Transatlantic, Asia, Opeth, Down.........and more :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Found a holiday inn down in docklands for 106 euro for two nights with free breakfasts. Thats for two of us!

Tripadvisor reports its in a dingy warehouse area well away from the sights, but i may go for it as its a clean, comfortable, close, place to sleep which is two miles from victoria park. I dont think I will be doing the sights.

Very close to City Airport on the DLR line.

Anyone found anything else????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Staying with some mates in the London Vicarage Hotel in Kensington on the Sat.....they have quad rooms - think it's £135......so not too bad....
    one the District Tube line I think......don't really care what it's like - just wanna get a bit of sleep, was going to stay with a mate in Southampton but we got the offer of the other place so feck it......save a few hours of travelling....

• Advertisement
Advertisement