Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistant Coaches and stuff

Options
  • 14-07-2010 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭

In FM 2010, when I go to the pre match meetings, my second opinion always agrees with my assistant until it comes to closing down players. Here, my second opinion guy ALWAYS disagree with him.

So what's the story with them? Can they be trusted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Depends on their stats tbh. All I look for in my Assistant Manager are motivating, man managament and tactical knowledge.

I generally never change my tatics, even when advised. I just use 'Ask Assistant' for opposition instructions.

Massimo Neri is an excellent assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Thanks IvySlayer. My assistants contracts are almost up so I'm gonna let them run out and search for some new fellas. Freshen it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

TBH after a season of playing in a league you should know of by heart what instructions to use on teams....i.e when playing chelsea you always use narrow width and slow tempo with slighty high defensive line and stand off them.

After one season of listening to even a half decent ass man you will get this.

Hah, I'm on my 3rd club and I'm only 31! :o

It'll take a little while to get to know division 2 before I know how each club plays I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

mars bar wrote: »

It'll take a little while to get to know division 2 before I know how each club plays I suppose.

I am in the Prem 4 seasons and I haven't copped it so don't worry about that :D.

• Advertisement

I don't feel so bad now!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

mars bar wrote: »

I tend to completely change the lower league teams and make them my own as soon as I start. When I played as Southend even though I start with €0 as a transfer budget I sold dead weight and brought in free signings and a couple of cheap lads from lower French teams.

I find that in lower leagues it's better to try and get a fluid passing team going because most teams are for lack of a better word hackers so a couple of creative mids in front of an anchorman and a poacher who can be relied on are potential promotion winners.

Thanks for that info!

When I arrived, a lot of players had expiring contracts and I let a good few of them go and brought my salary "into the green" so to speak. I kept some of the young lads so I'd have a youthful team. Brought in a couple of midfielders coz I was light there.

I also managed to secure Manchester United as a parent club so have a few players here in loan. Nicky Ajose has been outstanding for me!

I need to find another good DM for a 4 - 2 - 3- 1 formation. I usually play a 4 - 5 - 1 with 1 DM, 2 MC's and 2 AM's. It has been doing okay, it has it's days!

The salary has now gone a tiny bit into the red but it's enough for it to make it impossible to sign new players. Oh well, I'm gonna see this season out and if I don't get relegated, I'll start even fresher now that I have an idea of my players.

What do ye tend to do with players that just turn 17? I can't afford to give them new contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Other than letting their contracts run out, try offering them to clubs. Or try to loan them out, maybe try get a feeder club you can ship them off to.

Yeah I usually send out offers but they are usually not taken because they are so young, they'll be released anyway and then they are on a free.

I'll try a feeder club. Thanks!

• Advertisement

Jason McAteer has joined Mars Bar at Southend United as assistant manager.

Advertisement