Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite, splitting LNB

Options
  • 14-07-2010 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Everyone,

I posted this on the media center forum, is it ok to post here as well ? (please delete if not)

does anyone know if you can use a normal coax splitter on a LNB ? I want to use my media center pc and my tv box from the same connection, I'll only use the media center to record while I'm out and the box when I'm in so they wont be used at the same time.

also does it really matter if they are on at the same time ? could that wreck the LNB power wise or would it just mean weaker signal/H & V tuning problems.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,190 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I split a sat cable before and it worked ok using one device at a time. When the two receivers were on only one closest to the dish would work properly, the other could only tune to horizon or vert channels depending on the type of channels being viewed on the other box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Population1

Thanks a million Ghost Train, I'll try it tomorrow :)

Advertisement