Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung internet@tv NOT working in Ireland

• 14-07-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Does anyone have a Samsung TV with the internet feature? I just bought the LE46C750 and couldn't get it working. Rang Samsung and was told they are having problems and not sure if they will be able to return the service.

Anyone having this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭randox

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

I have the LE40C650 and my samsung Internet TV works just fine. Very easy to setup (although I work in IT which might help).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bone Idol

mscull wrote: »
    I have the LE40C650 and my samsung Internet TV works just fine. Very easy to setup (although I work in IT which might help).

Why not share the love? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

PM'd Bone Idol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

I'm having a problem with this as well. The network test works out fine but it won't connect. Any tips appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jhud

I too am having the same problem. I can get the tv to connect to my computer and read files from it. Any help on this would be great.

I have a netopia 3347 router
    Tv is connected through lan cable.
    PC i connected wireless
    Network test all ok
    Ip address 192.16.1.12 TV
    Computer is 192.168.1.13

Any ideas on getting the internet@tv up and running.

Thanks
    John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

PM'd Bone Idol

Same problem here with a samsung BD-C8200M, any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 R3laX

eu40c7000 can't access internet@tv too. Also Samsung's web works, but I can't download anything from there. Feel like it is UPC problem, because I have asked my friend to download and he could(he is not on UPC).

For those who are having the problems who is your internet provider i have vodafone.

Can you also confirm that your network test is all ticks.

If we are all with vodafone then its vodafone blocking it somehow.

If not then name the modem/router your are using.

I have netopia 3347 with firewall switched off and still have the problem

John

On UPC using a netgear WNR100 wireless n router, internet check works fine but no internet@tv and update doesn't work either.

• Advertisement

What's very unusual is that my xbox connected wirelessly on the same network and config works fine, can access xbox live flawlessly.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

PM'd Bone Idol
    How come a PM, not public?

Just bought a new router, linsys, will see if it remedies the problem, will report back.

On UPC, standard stock modem, EPC 2425. Everything else that connects through the standard Cisco modem works fine, wired or wireless. All ticks when the tv connects but no internet. Have tried using static as well as dynamic IPs and have tinkered with a lot of settings but no joy.

In the TV manual there is a mention of ISPs not recognising the MAC address of the TV, which doesn't really make sense to me as all my other devices have MAC addresses. Unless the TV is going straight through the modem and trying to connect to UPC directly which wouldn't be allowed as the MAC address of each modem has to be registered by UPC before a connection can be established.

(As an aside, I got a free pair of 3D glasses from Samsung connect for my C750 the other day. Well worth it if you've just picked up a 3D TV and only have one pair.)

I have the same problem. Using UPC modem and connecting through
    a D-LINK router.

Passes all Network Tests.

No problem with Wireless Mac through router and Linksys ATA.

Been calling Samsung for 2 months. First 2 reps told me it was
    a problem in certain Irish areas. Third asked for my mac address
    and never called back. I finally asked today's rep to order an
    engineer's call. She also took the TV's mac address and said she'd
    ring if she found a solution. Her supervisor said he'd had a few calls
    from Ireland and thinks it's a localized problem.

Soundstore (where I purchased it) said the "not working in parts
    of Ireland" answer is just an excuse.

I rang UPC and they said its not on their side - they have no restrictions.

Well have tried new Linksys router, but still to no avail, software update or internet tv neither functioning. It's obviously an ISP issue then I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

I'm having the same problem with an LE40B650 connected to the UPC Cisco EPC2425. I dont believe the issue lies with the modem as I have an Xbox 360 connecting to Xbox Live (both in wired & wireless mode), a laptop also connecting via wired &wireless. The TV passes all the network tests but fails to connect with a "Service not supported" message when I press the internet@tv button.

@mscull: Did you need to make any changes to your router to get internet@tv up and running?

Cheers,
    sombaht

Just an update to help everyone with problem i am on vodafone using old eircom netopia 2247 so what i did was open ports for http https and ftp on the port forward. Then found on the logs report on router that is was trying to access an ip address and keeps retrying durning my time trying to connect to the internet.

Now i did find out the ip address of the tv on my network and set this as its manual ip address.
    So settings were IP 192.168.1.12
    Sub net 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.1.254
    Then i put the dns i was using on the router which i have manually set to google which are dns 8.8.8.8 and dns2 8.8.4.4

I then found this information on the tr 69 error on my log report to and ip address would be fixed so i tried

How to get telnet is start run type telnet followed by the ip address of the router in my case was as below.
    telnet 192.168.1.254 ( router ip address)<ret> you see netopia command line
    Type configure <ret>
    Type set dslf-cpewan<ret>

There was more and i stopped because i was unsure of what it would do and when i tried internet again on tv everything worked.

It is confusing but i hope this might help someone. Its good to share and help

John

Tried messing around with config but no joy, manually entering IP addresses etc, I've checked the log file and it appears that the samsung is attempting to access a HTTPS address, this obviously must be the issue, though the exact nature of the problem is beyond me.

Tried messing around with config but no joy, manually entering IP addresses etc, I've checked the log file and it appears that the samsung is attempting to access a HTTPS address, this obviously must be the issue, though the exact nature of the problem is beyond me.

Post the logs up and someone might be able to guide you on how to fix this.
    Let us know what router you are using and what is your broadband provider.

• Advertisement

Also forgot to say that when setting up port forwarding of https http and ftp i set this on the tv ip address.

Finally worked for me. I'm wondering if Samsung finally sorted out their servers as I didn't do anything different. I'd already forwarded ports 80 and 443 and double checked the IP of my TV. It's currently updating. :)

Sarn wrote: »
    Finally worked for me. I'm wondering if Samsung finally sorted out their servers as I didn't do anything different. I'd already forwarded ports 80 and 443 and double checked the IP of my TV. It's currently updating. :)

I'm gonna try forwarding those ports and give it another try, I sincerely doubt it's anything my end, more to do with them I suspect.
    Fingers crossed.

Sarn wrote: »

Hallelujah, it works, knew it was something on their end. I posted a link to this thread on their CNET forums, obviously someone was looking!

What timing. I am getting a replacement LE46750C delivered this evening.
    Hope it works when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

Also got it working here. Did require the a reboot of the tv but it is up and running fine now. No changes required on the router.

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

i just got this internet@tv on a blueray player too but i plugged in the eircom grey router and the blue ray player updated and found the services no problem ...found it a bit sluggish to use and facebook not supported,youtube worked well tho ..history is crap just a page with a day in history didn't try picasa

wondering can we get a future update to get youview services like 4od or rte iplayer etc ??
    anyone know??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bone Idol

prioryc wrote: »
    wondering can we get a future update to get youview services like 4od or rte iplayer etc ??
    anyone know??
    Have to agree. Services offered so far are extremely limited especially in comparison to say the new Apple TV box.
    Samsung would want to up their act big time.
    Why not just add a full internet browser.?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

Bone Idol wrote: »
    Have to agree. Services offered so far are extremely limited especially in comparison to say the new Apple TV box.
    Samsung would want to up their act big time.
    Why not just add a full internet browser.?

i was watching bbc click over the last few weeks and u wanna see the S*@T they can do from internet tv already .. as in see a picture or place in a movie and buy a holiday to the same place etc or buy the objects in the rooms and thats just the simple stuff ... p.s they have 100mb to the home internet too(i'm not jealous)

• Advertisement
Advertisement