Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD no offers to Mature Applicants in 2nd round!!

Options
  • 14-07-2010 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I got general in UCD and have accepted i scored 172 in the written assessment!

My choices were as follows,
    UCD Midwifery
    TCD Midwifery
    UCD General

Now i'm so happy i got general don't get me wrong, but when i saw that TCD Midwifery was 173 i thought i might be in with a chance in the next round of getting that depending on deferrals etc...

So i emailed TCD and UCD to ask where i was on the order of merit list so then i'd know if i had a chance or not and i got replies as follows,

UCD said they could confirm i was on the list but they don't tell candidates their position as the list is not static, this is frustrating but fair enough!

TCD, however, said that they don't offer places to Mature Students in the second round!!! This can't be right surely...so if someone defers then is their place not given to another mature student???

I'm soooo confused by that statement!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well, a girl in my class didn't get offered a place first off but did subsequently. Someone must not have taken the place in Round Zero and then she was next on the list.

Where does it state that about TCD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Moomia

Larianne that was my understanding of it!!! I know one person who deferred her place in TCD Midwifery so that's why i was asking because i wanted to know if there was even the slightest possibility!!

It doesn't state it on the website...i emailed admissions and they emailed me back saying they don't offer in the second round...no sorry they seldom offer in the second round!

Here's the reply i got;

We very seldom make second round offers to Mature Students. The reply date for
    Mature Entry through the CAO is 5.00pm today Wednesday 14th July, and our next
    date to offer students places will be Wednesday 4th August 2010.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us
    directly or visit our website www.tcd.ie/admissions where you will find
    information on courses, admission requirements, fees and application forms.

It's just confused me!!

Advertisement