Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friends brother died

Options
  • 14-07-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so I was away last year for the year, and my friends brother died at her wedding...Several other close friends were present at the time he died.

His one year anniversary - and my friends wedding aniversary - are coming up, and I don't know how to approach the subject. I myself was very upset at the time of course, but being far away from events I suppose I dealt with it better at the time.

How would you suggest dealing with my friends? I want to be supportive and be open for them to talk about it, and I'm not forcing them to bring the subject up or anything, but I know its very raw with all of them and I feel its eating them all up on the inside...Can anyone suggest any other ways of showing support?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

The same happened me only it was my boyfriend who died at his sisters wedding.

The only thing you can do is be there for your friend. If you talk about it regularly then you can ask how he/she is feeling coming up to the time.

Just let them know your there. Theres very little else to do to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I would suggest you acknowledge the event but not make it the focus of the day. I'm sure your friend is still grieving and while it might not be necessarily visible people do like to think their love ones are still remembered.
    At least thats my experience.

Advertisement