Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a desktop for about €1000

Options
  • 14-07-2010 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi Guys,

New to this forum, so please forgive me if I seem a bit lost! I need a new desktop and really don't have the experience or time to build one myself. I know sites like hardwareversand will put a desktop together for me, but I have no idea what components go with what. :confused: It would be used for college work, downloading videos etc and a bit of online gaming (but nothing too heavy). The budget has to include a monitor and speakers. I hope you can help with suggestions. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

For a basic gaming rig €1000 is plenty. Just take a €500-650 budget gaming build then throw on Windows, monitor, peripherals etc.

Take a look at this nifty build:

11j44yp.jpg

You can put in a slightly better CPU if you want but I'm not sure you would even benefit that much - the only thing you seem to want to do with this rig that actually consumes much processing power is gaming. Other than that just get a decent case, a copy of Windows 7 64bit and a decent 22" monitor (1920*1080 resolution of course) and you're done, for probably a fair bit les than €1000 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Atmospheric joy

Thanks for the info. :) Does ebuyer build it though?

Erm... no :o You could easily do it yourself though! :) Did you ever play with Lego as a kid?... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Just buy one from Dell with the specs you want.

Odds are that Dell will only let you buy a usable graphics card in one of their machines if its an i7 rig :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

Solitaire wrote: »
    For a basic gaming rig €1000 is plenty. Just take a €500-650 budget gaming build then throw on Windows, monitor, peripherals etc.

Take a look at this nifty build:

11j44yp.jpg

You can put in a slightly better CPU if you want but I'm not sure you would even benefit that much - the only thing you seem to want to do with this rig that actually consumes much processing power is gaming. Other than that just get a decent case, a copy of Windows 7 64bit and a decent 22" monitor (1920*1080 resolution of course) and you're done, for probably a fair bit les than €1000 :)

Solitare, great build, couldn't beat this one myself,

You can close the thread now OP :)!

Thanks for your help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

zappb wrote: »
    Solitare, great build, couldn't beat this one myself,

You can close the thread now OP :)!
    Ive seen that build myself somewhere else...

we can be build buddies Atmospheric joy, because mine ships on monday. also, im not too worried about the building part myself. ive built PC's before, but many years ago as a kid working for my da, when 256mb inefficient gfx cards were the business. how much harder could it be now?

Thanks Tea Bag :) but I really don't have time to learn right now and i'd be too worried about making a mess of things and frying something! Although it would be something I'd consider in the future. So does anyone have a suggestion about a site that will build it for me? I know I could just buy a ready made one but they always seem to have 1 or 2 components that aren't quite up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭coolbreeze01

hardwareversand.de will do you a build you just go into there pc configurator and pick your stuff, payment can be difficult though there is a lot of talk about them in retailer thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

07215303260708394039.png
    there :)

Advertisement