Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trade in - UK?

• 14-07-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering has anyone traded a bike in in the UK?
    Do UK dealers accept Irish bikes as trade ins?

Currently my bike is going for more in the UK market than it is here, so I would get better value there. And would also have much better choice in upgrading. In fact, my first choice of bike is near on impossible to get in Ireland anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

When I was buying my SV in england I asked if when I was upgrading would he take it back as a trade in and he said it was no problem and he said lads often do it.

I ended up selling private & buying private for the next bike so never tested it out... but he was from 'All Bikes' in Rochdale, Manchester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Cheers.
    Nobody I've emailed has gotten back to me yet. Anyone here have any experience of trading in a bike over in UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

A mate is bringing an Irish bike to the UK and he's having to go to a lot of hassle to get it on yellow plates. He got the bike new here but didn't get all the required documents. Check the DVLA site for registering EU imports. If you don't have the required documents I'd say you would do well to sell it in the UK, if you do have all the documents then you would be better off ringing a dealers with the bike you want and ask. The bike will need to able pass an MOT, does it have a road legal exhaust?

Advertisement