Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wheelworx

• 14-07-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

was in that wheelworx today in fonthill(beside the nct centre near liffey valley). was quite amazed by the amount of stuff they stocked and amount of bikes. im new to the whole cycling scene and am wondering what their prices and quality rate to you more experienced riders. also do running gear and swimming stuff. proper trialtholan shop so.

opinions and comments wanted

http://www.wheelworxbikes.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I like them and have bought a bit of stuff off them recently instead of online, Robs a nice guy too... used to post on here I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I like that shop - knowledgable staff and the owners are very nice and not overprice. I have bought a few things there and I go for wander once in a while as they always have new stuff in.

My Favourite shop in the Dublin Area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

great shop

i live just beside the CycleSuperStore in Tallaght, and although the superstore is brilliant, lately i have been using wheelworx alot more, as its alot easier and quicker to get served, the shop is less cluttered, and the clothing range is better, and alot cheaper IMO than the superstore

as said by others, the owner, rob, is a very nice fella to, very helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

lately i have been using wheelworx alot more, as its alot easier and quicker to get served, the shop is less cluttered, and the clothing range is better, and alot cheaper IMO than the superstore

The main thing that strikes me whenever i'm in there is just how cluttered it is. It's like they've enough stock for a shop floor twice the size. Having said that, i'd agree with previous posters that they're friendly & helpful in there.

Not sure how their prices compare, i've only picked up one or two small things as all major purchases are shelved until I get the oul finances back in order...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

...found it a good shop but felt they kept pushing the high-end stuff at me...was looking for a trek 4 series but they didn't really go below a 6300. the staff did seem knowledgeable and really into the hobby though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I'm torn.

They're a real store, run by enthusiasts, who put money & time back in to the sport.

But you will find stuff cheaper online...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

first time i went to look was in for an hour and the time flew by..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

uberwolf wrote: »
    I'm torn.

They're a real store, run by enthusiasts, who put money & time back in to the sport.

Ah, but will you build any rapor with a website, or get advice etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 healthygirl

Got my trek 1.2 off them last month, very helpful bunch of lads. Find myself wandering in there for a nose quite often, if only I had a few grand spare cash...........

Got some good advice regarding kit aswell, Rob was very helpful.

Rather than appear biased, i bought a nice camelback in eurocycles last week and I have to say staff were very helpful and i got a few bob knocked off at the counter. I guess I'll have to share my purchases between them.

(I try to buy in local Irish shops btw, it helps everybody in the long run :))

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭bloke

I've been in there a couple of times and bought a bike the other day. I like the place for browsing and found the staff friendly and helpful without being overbearing.

Bike prices seem competitive - certainly against other shops I've been in and stack up ok against online prices. Accessories might well be cheaper online, I didn't look at them much tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

uberwolf wrote: »
    I'm torn.

Consumables are rising alot online and for bulk drinks and gels and bars wheelworx are better now for alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

keane=cock wrote: »
    was in that wheelworx today in fonthill(beside the nct centre near liffey valley). was quite amazed by the amount of stuff they stocked and amount of bikes. im new to the whole cycling scene and am wondering what their prices and quality rate to you more experienced riders. also do running gear and swimming stuff. proper trialtholan shop so.

opinions and comments wanted

http://www.wheelworxbikes.com/

If you get the right person they are great.

However I'd had some frustration times in there recently, particularly looking for long course nutrition items and less than common pieces of kit.

If I ever have money again and need kit I'd go there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I like Wheelworx. Started popping out there more on Tunney's recommendation as it happens. Recently helped my sister get her first road bike we got a good deal on a Dolan there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

tunney wrote: »
    Consumables are rising alot online and for bulk drinks and gels and bars wheelworx are better now for alot.

certainly I'd noticed that, and I've a €100 to drop this morning on the like, and they're getting the business.

Advertisement