Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mushrooms!!

Options
  • 14-07-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Got a plate full of fresh mushrooms from neighbour last night-button mushrooms and 'big' mushrooms. Would like to use them for supper some evening...any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Load 'em with cheese, ham and garlic and roast them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Chop up the small ones and fry them in a pan with butter and finely chopped onion.

Grill the big ones slowly with butter garlic and salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I'd soften up some shallot and garlic in butter then add the mushrooms, cook at a fairly high heat till they are well cooked, then add a few tablespoons of cream and reduce till you have sticky grey/brown sauce. Throw in some freshly chopped herbs and serve on thick slices of toasted sourdough, or bloomer

and to make even more of a meal of it, a poached egg on top that you can crack open and let the yolk run down the whole thing

asparagus on the side works well too - especially to dip into the egg yolk

Now I'm starving!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Charlie 08

Thanks guys.
    Loaded em with cheese an ham an baked em in the oven.
    YUM!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I had the big portobello ones last week, put a layer of pesto, then cream cheese, then ham, then red onion and tomato, and finally grated red cheddar and roasted them.. So tasty :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

That sounds gorgeous way to use the portobellos. Permission to reproduce thank you very much. :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Permission granted ;)

Forgot to mention, I sprinkled a small bit of dried garlic between the ham and the tomatoes..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Get some decent English muffins, blue cheese, fried onion and rocket. Getting frying the bigger mushrooms. Tomato or chilli relish optional... and make yourselves mushroom burgers. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

xzanti wrote: »
    I had the big portobello ones last week, put a layer of pesto, then cream cheese, then ham, then red onion and tomato, and finally grated red cheddar and roasted them.. So tasty :p

This sounds great.... lunch sorted tomorrow, cheers :)

Advertisement