Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsB/20422.gif anyone recognise this fella from titantic??! knew l knew the face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    What's FC?

Fair City

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsB/20422.gif anyone recognise this fella from titantic??! knew l knew the face :D

Yeah, he was on the late late in march saying he was filming love/hate. They took the p1ss out of him for that photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Is that Fran ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

moy83 wrote: »
    Is that Fran ?

Dano

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Blay wrote: »
    Dano
    Jeez I was way out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,921 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Jeez I was way out

He has Fran's hair:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Jeez I was way out

haha way off :pac:

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I think you missed the Fassbender domestic violence gag he was going for there. :pac:

Fassbender? Domestic Violence? Wasnt aware of the link tbh :pac:

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Dano has zero depth, he could be played by a painted plank tbh. :rolleyes:

They havent really explored his character's background because he is merely there as a whole new angle to play off the main characters Nidge and Darren

Jason Barry normally plays a sort of jack the lad up for the craic character in things so its a move away from the norm (at least from the few things ive seen him in) and i have to be honest i think he portrays a psychotic and vicious alcoholic very well. We seen glimpses of his softer side with his wife and mother (as well as his not so soft side with his wife and Aido's kneecap)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karen23 wrote: »
    They filmed scenes in a pub in Ballymun , it was the afters of a funeral. My sister works in the shop next door to the pub and all the cast were out the back having tea and a smoke but she had never seen the show so didn't recognise any of them and thought they were customers really there for a funeral.

Wonder who's funeral it was.

Now I know another reason why she wouldn't have recognised any of the cast , none of them featured in previous series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Jason Barry was great at the end of the previous episode in the scene with the pigeons. He made people feel sorry for a character who has no redeeming features, while simultaneously making you feel he was thinking of you personally while ringing their necks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Jason Barry was great at the end of the previous episode in the scene with the pigeons. He made people feel sorry for a character who has no redeeming features, while simultaneously making you feel he was thinking of you personally while ringing their necks.

Yea, killing the pigeons brought a sense of absolute finality to his father's death.

What I thought was good was how he was all weepy doing the first couple, then as he was getting through them he regained his composure and became psycho Danno again, thinking about wringing Nidge's scrawny neck in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

They havent really explored his character's background because he is merely there as a whole new angle to play off the main characters Nidge and Darren

Which required (and would have hugely benefitted the series) a more nuanced character imo.
    Seriously think it was a waste, nuanced and interesting secondary characters give this genre much more satisfying depth. A real shame he isn't a more distinctly memorable character like Fran for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I hope they let nidgeweasel survive, he's pure comedy gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Watched the ad for the finale a couple of times and can't quite catch what Nidge is saying to Trish at the end. Did anyone catch that?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Karmella

Grrrr..... I am so fecking annoyed!! Just caught up with Sundays episode on the rte player and they played the fecking trailer for the finale in every single ad break!!!! Shower. I was caught unawares and was wondering what the hell was going on until I realised that it was still the ads. And they can't be fast forwarded all I could do was scramble for the mouse to mute and minimise! :mad:

Really enjoying it this season though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Watched the ad for the finale a couple of times and can't quite catch what Nidge is saying to Trish at the end. Did anyone catch that?

not 100% but it's something like "If there was another way I'd take it, but there isn't, it's the only chance I have, alrite"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Karmella wrote: »
    Grrrr..... I am so fecking annoyed!! Just caught up with Sundays episode on the rte player and they played the fecking trailer for the finale in every single ad break!!!! Shower. I was caught unawares and was wondering what the hell was going on until I realised that it was still the ads. And they can't be fast forwarded all I could do was scramble for the mouse to mute and minimise! :mad:

Really enjoying it this season though :)

I always watch it on RTE Player On Demand , you don't get any ads

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

DL Saint wrote: »

not 100% but it's something like "If there was another way I'd take it, but there isn't, it's the only chance I have, alrite"?

Ah I see thanks, looks intense anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Karen23 wrote: »
    I always watch it on RTE Player On Demand , you don't get any ads

? What is that, another rte player website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I think it's the live player, like the one you can watch sport on. I might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Think it's the rte player you got on your upc box if you're with them.....

Big Game wrote: »
    Think it's the rte player you got on your upc box if you're with them.....

Ahh, ok. no not with them.

I could understand them maybe showing the ad once but no - all 3 ad breaks had it. pi$$ed me right off. i suppose the ad wasn't very spoilery but still, knowing RTE it probably could be.

On a side note .... started watching Raw on netflix the last few days ... its looking to be quite good aswell, didn't realise they were made by the same people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Fassbender? Domestic Violence? Wasnt aware of the link tbh :pac:
    I don't think it was in the end..wasn't it a "cultural difference"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Stuart Carolan on the Last Word in 10 mins, Today FM

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mitosis wrote: »
    Stuart Carolan on the Last Word in 10 mins, Today FM
    Is it over?
    (coz it's unbearable right now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Not been on yet fairly tough today alright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement