Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Fran is a complete looper and the actor who plays him does it brilliantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    That's grand. So long as we know how this forum operates: If a minority view is repeated, or one person says the same thing too often, then the mob rules. So much for Voltaire's "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

Boards has never been free speech. If someone comes in, constantly being disruptive and derailing the thread, so much so that one that ran for 2 years was closed, what do you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Compare it to real life: if said 'mob' (in this case, people having a conversation about a TV show. Hardly The Sopranos but still...) are talking and one person continuously interrupts to make the exact same point over and over...and this occurs over a matter of WEEKS...eventually they'll be told to shut up. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your viewpoint, message boards necessitate people that are put in a position to demand they shut up, because on the Internet people will go on and on repeatedly if they are allowed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Can't wait for tomorrow nights episode :D Dying to know what's gonna happen, or what kind of a cliffhanger they'll cruelly leave us hanging with.

Watching episode 5 season 2 at the moment. Fran is a ledgebag :D

"Ill be honest with ya Nidgey i was down in the blackest pit..very down ya know, didnt think id be happy again....black it was ya know, and what happened, this lovely lady came inta me life"

"I loved Linda ya know Nidgey...havent forgotten about her, straight up to the grave and asked her for her blessing......(gulps pint).......This is like Linda mark 2, less miles on the clock and better body ha!!" :D

a small bit of nitpicklng ...Luke can rob cars, bikes etc at the drop of a hat, but he can't make a pot noodle because he doesn't have a kettle! :confused:

...of course I suppose it could be a clever ploy to get closer to Mary? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Can't wait for tomorrow nights episode :D Dying to know what's gonna happen, or what kind of a cliffhanger they'll cruelly leave us hanging with.

Nidge to leg it to spain,
    Dano to attempt some sort of assassination but makes a mess of it,
    Darren to still be the lost boy and getting more involved with the ra women,
    Tommy will stay in hospital for a while,
    Fran to keep the drug trade going and working directly for nidge... looking forward to it tomorrow night, great program.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

I don't think I could handle a cliffhanger

Rodin wrote: »
    I don't think I could handle a cliffhanger

Me either, but I've got a feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

realies wrote: »

Nidge to leg it to spain,
    Fran to keep the drug trade going and working directly for nidge... looking forward to it tomorrow night, great program.
    The ra get to Darren and get him to get rid of Nidge. Fran the man knows something is gonna go down and gets rid of Darren when he tries to bump off the Nidge weasel. That's my prediction anyway.

So much could happen because they've so many stories out there. Elmo could make a big appearance too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Browney7 wrote: »
    The ra get to Darren and get him to get rid of Nidge. Fran the man knows something is gonna go down and gets rid of Darren when he tries to bump off the Nidge weasel. That's my prediction anyway.

So much could happen because they've so many stories out there. Elmo could make a big appearance too

Given that Darren's only contact with the current RA leadership involved making a mess of himself in a pub I doubt he'd be the chosen one. Still, we can hope he'll have a makeup accident or Fran mistakes him for a rasher.

• Advertisement

Given that Darren's only contact with the current RA leadership involved making a mess of himself in a pub I doubt he'd be the chosen one. Still, we can hope he'll have a makeup accident or Fran mistakes him for a rasher.

Thing is though Dazzler might have useful allies in Lizzy and her brother. Cant help feeling Darren letting Elmo off and Nidge letting Darren off could prove significant in the plot either tomorrow night or down the line. I literally cannot wait for this tv masterpiece to commence. 26 hours and 45 minutes to go and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Why not burn them all to a DVD, write "Love/Hate Series III Box Set" on it with marker, and stick it under the tree for yourself for Christmas.. :D

Looks like Dano ("Where's me daaaa?") is in trouble with the RA boss according to the trailer. Only caught a quick glimpse of it though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Brazzers looks like a fine establishment. I might pop over there some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

The Star today showed
    Darren with a gun, wondering who he's pointing it at. Also showed Dano with a AK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

Sitting down to season 1, episode 1 of love/hate now. That boxset was the best €28 I've ever spent :D

the actor who plays the part of Danno is on the Brendan O'Connor Show tonight I think

Hitchens wrote: »
    the actor who plays the part of Danno is on the Brendan O'Connor Show tonight I think

As much as I like L/H i will not subject myself to that show for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

thiarfearr wrote: »
    Boards has never been free speech.

Wow! There's a statement! Sad but it would appear true!

OK. I'm outta here- No interest in participating in a narrow-minded, majority-rule forum that has no place for opinions that differ from the perceived wisdom.

And the sad thing is that I didn't even agree with Happyman. I used the Ignore function weeks ago- It seems that some of the contributors need to find that button, in which case none of this BS would have arisen.

I contributed to the content here; I made some observations that were not always accepted and that's fine. What I would expect. But when contributors (with whom one might or might not agree) are ridiculed by others and Mods take no action other than knocking out the one who has been ridiculed, its a pathetic place.

If you wish to practice such censorship, learn from the Chinese who do it so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Wow! There's a statement! Sad but it would appear true!

OK. I'm outta here- No interest in participating in a narrow-minded, majority-rule forum that has no place for opinions that differ from the perceived wisdom.

And the sad thing is that I didn't even agree with Happyman. I used the Ignore function weeks ago- It seems that some of the contributors need to find that button, in which case none of this BS would have arisen.

I contributed to the content here; I made some observations that were not always accepted and that's fine. What I would expect. But when contributors (with whom one might or might not agree) are ridiculed by others and Mods take no action other than knocking out the one who has been ridiculed, its a pathetic place.

If you wish to practice such censorship, learn from the Chinese who do it so much better.

You may need to check out the Irish legal system and indeed some previous case history in relation to online commentary and indeed boards.ie to understand why sites like this have to be moderated. I't got very little to do with the site owners trying to stifle "censorship".

I don't have an issue with people with a different opinion than mine, however if you want to put your point across be prepared for those who disagree with it, that works both ways.

kippy wrote: »
    You may need to check out the Irish legal system and indeed some previous case history in relation to online commentary and indeed boards.ie to understand why sites like this have to be moderated.

Sure I fully understand that sites like these need to be moderated. I never said at any time that the forum should not be moderated; rather, I pointed out my perception of poor mod decision. No more, no less.
    I't got very little to do with the site owners trying to stifle "censorship".

My point was quite the opposite- not that the site was/is trying to stifle censorship; rather that the mod was actively practicing it.
    I don't have an issue with people with a different opinion than mine, however if you want to put your point across be prepared for those who disagree with it, that works both ways.

Sure that's exactly my point! But because the majority on this forum disagreed with one person's opinion, albeit an opinion that was posted ad nauseum, a mod jumped in, joined the throng and immediately turned a discussion forum into a managed 'spin' operation. Jaysus, are we not getting enough of that sh!%e every day from a Government that is only interested in screwing us?

FFS, why am I the only person on here who can see the need for a place for free speech, properly moderated and I have no problem with that, legally sound, but that doesn't round on the unpopular (or non-populist) opinion.

After all, this is not (I hope) the Labour Party web-site!

I think this cuts to the chase of what t'Internet is actually about. And censorship, albeit poorly practised is absolutely in defiance of all of the principles of freedom of expression by which the best ideals of t'Internet have allowed it to grow as it has. Perhaps these observations should be discussed in a thread on their own, and not detract from L/H watchers (whether fans or critics) who would prefer for comments to focus on the show itself.

• Advertisement

FFS, why am I the only person on here who can see the need for a place for free speech, properly moderated and I have no problem with that, legally sound, but that doesn't round on the unpopular (or non-populist) opinion.

Set one up then, see how you get on.

Set one up then, see how you get on.

Frankly, this is a pathetic reply to my clearly argued response to your inaccurate posting.

My response (among the other things it addressed) left a question for Boards.ie to consider, not a Gobsh*&e user / poster like me.

Frankly, this is a pathetic reply to my clearly argued response to your inaccurate posting.

My response (among the other things it addressed) left a question for Boards.ie to consider, not a Gobsh*&e user / poster like me.

I'd say take the issues you have to the Feedback forum.
    Hows that for a less pathetic response?

I'd say take the issues you have to the Feedback forum.
    Hows that for a less pathetic response?

Not pathetic at all. That's a very positive response. I apologise if I appear to have dissed you; that was not my intention. However, I am just a bit peed off with what's gone on here, and the extent to which, if one presents a minority view that is not accepted, a mod interferes, and unfettered comment is allowed from the opposite viewpoint.

I'm actually an oldie here: I saw a late operational Arpanet (closely controlled by IBM and the DoD in the USA) in 1979 but never in my wildest dreams saw how the 'freedom of t'Internet' would emerge at that time. To many people on this sad Earth, t'Internet and the various discussion fora that sit on it, are their only means of knowing about an Outside World, and particularly their only way of communicating with it.

Think carefully therefore when you operate on that medium and operate within rules that are fundamentally opposed to t'Internet's basic operational principles.

Thread spoiling is free speech, who knew :rolleyes:

As, no doubt, an ignoramus who just likes watching L/H and wouldn't mind discussing it with like minded people, I'm getting a bit hacked off here.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Oh look. The thread has gone off topic again.

Can't say anything to anyone. That would be censorship.

I give up.

Thread spoiling is free speech, who knew :rolleyes:

To characterise my recent contributions as "Thread spoiling" is simply wrong.
    As, no doubt, an ignoramus who just likes watching L/H and wouldn't mind discussing it with like minded people, I'm getting a bit hacked off here.

However, I can understand your frustration and am happy to leave the (now well-stated) argument at that., entirely because sh&^e like this should not detract from our willingness to comment on tomorrow night's finale.

So long as everyone accepts that we play the ball, and not the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Anyone know the track episode 5 finished up with(as Dano was breaking necks)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

mloc123 wrote: »
    Anyone know the track episode 5 finished up with(as Dano was breaking necks)?

Brian Eno - The Big Ship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

realies wrote: »

Nidge to leg it

How's about Darren to whack someone and end up getting the money to skip town off Lizzie who happens to have a spare 20k knocking around because her brother croaked it last week.

The more I've thought about it all week it's the only explanation I can come up with for Ray getting that award and then snuffing it. I'll be well pissed off if that happens, it'll be pretty lazy plot writing...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement