Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

bidiots wrote: »
    The only one that knows about that, is now dead...

Voicemail from Darren before he rang Nidge, or Darren told Tommy who will reveal all when he wakes up and realises Nidge battered him and then tried to have Darren killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 coolbock

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    It will be cack if they do make one. It's come to its natural conclusion now. The show's main protagonist is dead. Where do you go?

Can't see how it will work without taking a major dip in quality.

Personally, I think that's the end of it.

You might be right. Although I did hear the writer hint in an interview that there would be a more prominent role for a female character in the future. So maybe Darren's killer will be the focus in the fourth series. Not sure how it will work out though. The IRA stroy was a little weak I thought but served its purpose for this series not sure how they can get another series out of it now. But you never though they could do very interesting things with that girl character..so heres hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Dead locking delays you a lot more than a second, it prevents you being able to open the door completely. It's different than just locking which means you can open it with the handle from the inside.

yes, that's how I would see it too, so if Aido deadlocked it how did Darren get out so fast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Nidge had set up the murder for the ira . The girl did it off her iwn back . Knew darren was staying in aidos flat and just waited for him there .
    She shaved her head to look like a man . There was geadlines a while ago about a woman hitman in real life .
    Nobody told her who killed her brother Id say from experience she knew the ra and nidge were fighting . Darren was nidges trigger man . She put 2 and 2 together.

The hit-woman has been arrested in relation to the cold blooded murder of father of two young children David Darcy. Two weeks ago the woman is alleged to have murdered Mr Darcy on direct orders of the CIRA leadership. Mr Darcy was ambushed outside his home in Dublin on the 28 November 2011 on the direct orders of the CIRA leadership; at 6.50am Mr Darcy was pulling out of the drive of his home when the hit-woman shot him dead. Mr Darcy was alleged by the CIRA leadership to have been involved in two gun attacks on RIRA criminals in west Dublin within the past twelve months, however, neither Gardai nor senior republicans could support the claims.

The hit-woman from Limerick is believed to have been used by the CIRA leadership to flex their muscle in Dublin, the CIRA in Limerick are heavily engaged in criminal activity including Drug Dealing and Prostitution. Gardai arrested the Limerick hit-woman and a man from Finglas on Friday 16/12/2011 in relation to the CIRA murder of Mr Darcy. The gun used to murder Mr Darcy was also recovered by Gardai on the 16/12/2011.

FWIW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Darren rang fran before he died to tell him about what nidge done to his ex, you heard it here first....Crap ending, to obvious he was gonna die, he had signed up for a series in the UK
    RainyDay wrote: »
    What series in the UK?
    GrumPy wrote: »
    He's been in a bunch of stuff. Check out his wikipedia article.
    Grumpy - you seem to misunderstand me. Gazz suggests that the reason that Darren was killed off is because he had signed up for a specific series in the UK. I'm asking what specific series he is referring to.

I know that Sheehan has been in a few bits in the UK. I'm asking Gazz what specific series he is referring to here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Surprised lizzie killed dazzler cos he seemed to like him ahwell!
    Loved the humour in the last episode, gettin the body guard at the gym and all :pac:

The inclusion of Aido's brother in this series must be something that will be brought up in series 4. It seems such a random scene to have for it not to be followed up on in some way. And the writer has said in interviews that he would like to have more prison settings in the future.

Had forgotten about that scene. Thought it was very random alright...you could be on to something there..

coolbock wrote: »
    You might be right. Although I did hear the writer hint in an interview that there would be a more prominent role for a female character in the future. So maybe Darren's killer will be the focus in the fourth series. Not sure how it will work out though. The IRA stroy was a little weak I thought but served its purpose for this series not sure how they can get another series out of it now. But you never though they could do very interesting things with that girl character..so heres hoping

She could join Nidge and the boys as a gun for hire and the RA could be happy to have her inside Nidge's gang to keep an eye on their shipments. The RA will be now always a back ground story, they are tied in with Nidge going forward, Dano didn't go back on the beer so he wants revenge and the RA are using Nidge now to bring in guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭TextureLikeSun

I have a gut feeling that we havent seen the last of dazzler ?Dont know why exactly -the ending just didnt sit right with me?Perhaps like others here i thought series four would be about dazzlers revenge ?Or as its been also pointed out maybe the writers wanted to add realism to the show?

Lot of outcry online about him being killed -do you think this would make the writers reconsider killing him off for defo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Dead locking delays you a lot more than a second, it prevents you being able to open the door completely. It's different than just locking which means you can open it with the handle from the inside.

RTE Player 46.45. All you do is unlock from the drivers side and you're away.

• Advertisement

I have a gut feeling that we havent seen the last of dazzler ?Dont know why exactly -the ending just didnt sit right with me?Perhaps like others here i thought series for would be about dazzlers revenge ?Or as its been also pointed out maybe the writers wanted to add realism to the show?

Lot of outcry online about him being killed -do you think this would make the writers reconsider killing him off for defo?

Nah he is gone, it turns into Home and Away if they bring him back, also while the show is big in Ireland, it is only an RTE show with a little bit of interest from overseas and I am sure Robert Sheehan has bigger plans on his mind than turning into a Wayne Molloy type character stuck on RTE for the rest of his acting career. At 24 as well it would be an ideal time to hit Hollywood or London.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Rumours?

From where?

There's only a few people who know what season 4 will entail and I doubt they're putting out rumours online. It's more than likely just sh*te talk.

more like rebel12 having a bit of a laugh to see the reaction I would say!
    :D

I have a gut feeling that we havent seen the last of dazzler ?

49.30 on player, he ain't even coming back as a walker :pac:

seamus wrote: »
    No, that'd be too ridiculous. Part of the enjoyment of the show is the realism, that nobody is safe. Think about the lead crew at the start of series one:

Nidge
    Tommy
    Darren (dead)
    Johnboy (dead)
    Stumpy (dead)
    Hughie (dead)

An ever growing graveyard. Added to that list is

1. Dazzlers brother Robbie,
    2. Jimmy Byrne from s1,
    3. the traveller lad who helped Hughie clip Jimmy Byrne,
    4. The Young joyrider Mr Micah 'topgear' that Nidge hired in the botched clip attempt on Fran
    5. Luke (high up in the Dublin Mountains)
    6. Git
    7. Ray (ok fair enough he died probably of natural causes)
    8. Pat
    The Sunday World next week, 'EXCLUSIVE: HOW THE CIRA THUGS BLASTED THE DAZZLER'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I have a gut feeling that we havent seen the last of dazzler ?Dont know why exactly -the ending just didnt sit right with me?Perhaps like others here i thought series four would be about dazzlers revenge ?Or as its been also pointed out maybe the writers wanted to add realism to the show?

An internet outcry doesn't take back two bullets to the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Hitchens wrote: »
    yes, that's how I would see it too, so if Aido deadlocked it how did Darren get out so fast?

Can't remember but you could see him pull at the handle a few times and it wasn't unlocking, didn't he just beat the crap out of it and eventually it opened.

Either way it slowed him enough in to get him shot. Had it opened first time he would have been away when he saw Elmo.

edit
    RTE Player 46.45. All you do is unlock from the drivers side and you're away.

But it did prevent the passenger door from being opened from the inside. Maybe that's how those Micras work, anyone admit to having one :P

She could join Nidge and the boys as a gun for hire and the RA could be happy to have her inside Nidge's gang to keep an eye on their shipments. The RA will be now always a back ground story, they are tied in with Nidge going forward, Dano didn't go back on the beer so he wants revenge and the RA are using Nidge now to bring in guns.
    Could work. Seriously good writing team so im confident where ever they go with the story they will pull it off!

But it did prevent the passenger door from being opened from the inside. Maybe that's how those Micras work, anyone admit to having one :P

No, I've a Toyota, am off out to try it now cos I've nothing better to be doing :pac:

Seriously, he was shot in the back of the head. Ok, the program is fictional, but not fictional enough to bring someone back from the dead. The idea that he isn't really dead is riduculous, it was brought up when John Boy was shot too.

No, I've a Toyota, am off out to try it now cos I've nothing better to be doing :pac:

That Conmaicne Mara gone from Boards for the night as he gets locked inside his own car...

• Advertisement

Ha ha, I've done it in my own car one day, there was no opening the doors either by the handles or the unlock button on the centre console. I needed to use the remote fob to get back out again.

Nah he is gone, it turns into Home and Away if they bring him back, also while the show is big in Ireland, it is only an RTE show with a little bit of interest from overseas and I am sure Robert Sheehan has bigger plans on his mind than turning into a Wayne Molloy type character stuck on RTE for the rest of his acting career. At 24 as well it would be an ideal time to hit Hollywood or London.

Wayne Molloy is overachieving at that tbh :D

Sheehan a good actor and the character of Darren was excellent albeit a bit unsuited to Sheehan although he did come into it slightly more the 3rd series.
    If they do a JR Ewing type scenario like rumoured then i am finished with this program. I actually found it slightly unbelievable he even survived the first attempt with Stumpy 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rebel12

c0cf6731d13d4ba7c09642338ec7837c Probably fake but though I'd share it anyway http://gyazo.com/c0cf6731d13d4ba7c09642338ec7837c

Wayne Molloy is overachieving at that tbh :D

Sheehan a good actor and the character of Darren was excellent albeit a bit unsuited to Sheehan although he did come into it slightly more the 3rd series.
    If they do a JR Ewing type scenario like rumoured then i am finished with this program. I actually found it slightly unbelievable he even survived the first attempt with Stumpy 2 years ago.

I agree, he survived two direct shootings (Stumpy and Elmo), there is no way they can try and convince an audience he survived two bullets to the head, unless that hoody has super powers!

Also he wasn't even close enough to anyone to come back and haunt them, his sister has left the show, Luke was killed off and he has grown apart from Nidge in S3.

rebel12 wrote: »
    c0cf6731d13d4ba7c09642338ec7837c Probably fake but though I'd share it anyway http://gyazo.com/c0cf6731d13d4ba7c09642338ec7837c

Thats from the first episode of the second season. They probably havent even started to shoot series 4 yet.

Ha ha, I've done it in my own car one day, there was no opening the doors either by the handles or the unlock button on the centre console. I needed to use the remote fob to get back out again.

I sat in the passenger seat and locked her with the fob. All I had to do was pull the lock button back and open with the passenger door handle. I suspected as much as the kids are always escaping, but I thought I'd have to unlock from the drivers door panel. Obviously Toyota are wise to Aido's ways :D

I checked player again, Aido's driving a Yaris, it's got a Toyota badge on the front anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭TextureLikeSun

ok ill leave go of the chance he might still live so will i !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

An ever growing graveyard. Added to that list is

1. Dazzlers brother Robbie,
    2. Jimmy Byrne from s1,
    3. the traveller lad who helped Hughie clip Jimmy Byrne,
    4. The Young joyrider Mr Micah 'topgear' that Nidge hired in the botched clip attempt on Fran
    5. Luke (high up in the Dublin Mountains)
    6. Git
    7. Ray (ok fair enough he died probably of natural causes)
    8. Pat
    The Sunday World next week, 'EXCLUSIVE: HOW THE CIRA THUGS BLASTED THE DAZZLER'

9. Aido's budgie ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Anyone who even thinks for 1 minute that Darren isnt really dead or that he may survive..im sorry, but ur insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 rebel12

There is no way they would just let Dazzler go out like that! Unless the actor no longer wanted part of the show or some stupid message for the show where everyone ends up dead in the end. I hope it's not true, there running out of good characters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement