Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ok bizarre question, but does anyone think with the recent introduction of the Nidge baldness storyline and him looking up hair transplants on the net, they're paving the way for Tom Vaughan Lawlor getting a hair transplant in real life?

No I wouldn't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Ok bizarre question, but does anyone think with the recent introduction of the Nidge baldness storyline and him looking up hair transplants on the net, they're paving the way for Tom Vaughan Lawlor getting a hair transplant in real life?

Perhaps it was the only way to explain Nidge appearing in Series 4, Episode 1, with a head of hair to rival his fellow gandland criminal, Gerry Hutch (aka The Monk)

Maybe the story about Nidges baldness is more to do with his growing paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

My favourite line is from S01e01

Trish: Genital warts, it's hilarious.
    Nidge: That was years ago, jesus, are you going to bring that up every time?

Holsten wrote: »
    Would LOVE a prequel episode!

Showing how John Boy and his brother got set up in the drug game, more of Darrens brother, how Nidge and Tommy and all them met up.

If only....

Good idea and it could mirror the reality where you had Larry Dunne, John Gilligan and Eamonn Kelly until a new crop eventually rose to power and succeeded them

Q_ueeny wrote: »
    Tommy Broke his neck and Darren finished him off.

'I was only putting him out of his misery is all Nidge' were his words I believe! :D

"Well he wasn't walking out of here was he" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

'I was only putting him out of his misery is all Nidge' were his words I believe! :D

He certainly was in misery, but how did Nidgey and the two lads diagnose that 'Gih' had a broken neck?

They never even asked him if he could he wriggle his toes. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JohnboyMc

Thats a one-way Aido ye scumbag. Have they no respect for the law at all lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

JohnboyMc wrote: »
    Thats a one-way Aido ye scumbag. Have they no respect for the law at all lads?

Great parking also. Not like there was a shortage of spaces. Did that not alarm Darren?!

Great parking also. Not like there was a shortage of spaces. Did that not alarm Darren?!

I was thinking that. Like Darren hides every time he hears a garda car but is happy to sit in a car parked in a sussy way like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

I thought it was Fran who finished Git off with a barrell bash:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

dcmm wrote: »
    I thought it was Fran who finished Git off with a barrell bash:confused:

No it was Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

fruvai wrote: »
    No it was Darren

'cos he was looking "green around the gills" and needed a wee tap. Y'know, loike.

fruvai wrote: »
    No it was Darren
    OK .Thanks I guess I'm just losin' it:eek: :)

'cos he was looking "green around the gills" and needed a wee tap. Y'know, loike.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Perhaps it was the only way to explain Nidge appearing in Series 4, Episode 1, with a head of hair to rival his fellow gandland criminal, Gerry Hutch (aka The Monk)
    Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Nidge has always been a narcissist. He changes clothes in every scene and this is also pointed out in some episodes from the earlier series. The last series he was worried about genital warts. He always has some bodily issue that concerns him deeply rather than the more pressing issues such as putting his friend into a coma for sleeping with someone. Hes a narcissistic psycho and he admitted that twice in the show already.
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    No I wouldn't think so.
    cofy wrote: »
    Maybe the story about Nidges baldness is more to do with his growing paranoia.

Yes, you're all probably right of course. Remember me though if he shows up in Series 3 with a full Liam Gallagher 'do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hitchens wrote: »
    Is the Wire really all that good compared to L/H?

I'd probably go for the boxed set in the New Year if it was. Would it be dated at this stage - early season episodes I mean?

The Wire ****s all over Love Hate and pretty much every other series ever made, ever.

kryogen wrote: »
    The Wire ****s all over Love Hate and pretty much every other series ever made, ever.

FFS! :rolleyes: For the last time, the Wire has a far greater budget due to the extra viewership so we can expect maybe more expertise involved then Love/Hate.

Why are people turning this thread about the greatest Irish show ever made into a cock measuring competition with the Wire? :confused:

Think of Love/Hate as an emerging team in the lower leagues only people are continually telling them they'll never compete with Man United or Chelsea instead of just discussing the team itself.

Comparing an under funded Irish show with an American show is comparing Apples with Oranges tbh.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Nidge has always been a narcissist. He changes clothes in every scene and this is also pointed out in some episodes from the earlier series. The last series he was worried about genital warts. He always has some bodily issue that concerns him deeply rather than the more pressing issues such as putting his friend into a coma for sleeping with someone. Hes a narcissistic psycho and he admitted that twice in the show already.

Great point but i think he genuinely did get a wart or two from Linda. He considers himself a bit of a lothario though does our Nidgey

FFS! :rolleyes: For the last time, the Wire has a far greater budget due to the extra viewership so we can expect maybe more expertise involved then Love/Hate.

Why are people turning this thread about the greatest Irish show ever made into a cock measuring competition with the Wire? :confused:

Think of Love/Hate as an emerging team in the lower leagues only people are continually telling them they'll never compete with Man United or Chelsea instead of just discussing the team itself.

Comparing an under funded Irish show with an American show is comparing Apples with Oranges tbh.

The Wire flashing all its cash is obviously compensating for something :D

I prefer oranges. You?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

anyone know anywhere southside where their selling the box set, everywhere in dundrum sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

anyone know anywhere southside where their selling the box set, everywhere in dundrum sold out.

What if it was available over the river? Would you risk going just to get a copy?!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Neeson wrote: »

What if it was available over the river? Would you risk going just to get a copy?!

It is region unrestricted after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭larchielads

people complain about the writing in this tv series, darrens character, debbie and all sorts. then people compliment nidge and fran about how funny and evil they can be.
    people compare to big budget american tv shows and say how crap it is compared to it(the wire).
    rte dont have the budget the americans have but still produce a damn fine tv series that gets us all talkin and pulled into it.
    cant remember the last irish tv series that got us talkin as much.

for me the title of the tv series is aptly named,i think the guy who wrote it must've thought to himself they'll either LOVE it or HATE it and goin by the comments on this forum and talkin with friends he was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Great point but i think he genuinely did get a wart or two from Linda. He considers himself a bit of a lothario though does our Nidgey

Thats true, but in series 1 the point is made that Nidge is only with Trish (aka Weasel Hole) because Johnboy "made" him financially.

Nidge is keenly aware of this himself IMO and the baldness thing just increases his general insecurity.

guys does anyone know anywhere i can pick up a box set they seemed to be sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

guys does anyone know anywhere i can pick up a box set they seemed to be sold out :(

Got the full boxset 30 minutes ago in Xtravision Baggot St (corner with Waterloo Rd).

Got the full boxset 30 minutes ago in Xtravision Baggot St (corner with Waterloo Rd).

was there many left?

FML just rang up all gone.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

was there many left?

I didn't ask, was happy with 1 copy. :pac:
    Maybe do what I did and give them a buzz on 01-6671255 before you head in ?

edit : Just seen your edit. Sick.
    Maybe ring their other stores? Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

FFS? calm down lad, look before you post possibly?

The poster asked is The Wire as good as Love/Hate or something to that effect, what other way would you deem acceptable for me to answer that question?

Here is his direct question
    Originally Posted by Hitchens View Post
    Is the Wire really all that good compared to L/H?

what the **** else should I answer it with if not an opinion on The Wire, get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Tower Records in Dublin city centre has it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement