Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Basq wrote: »
    Aidan Gillan's accent waves wildly between American and Irish.. .

I've never warmed to Gillen in anything. His bit at the start of Dark Night Rises was really bad I thought. The accent and the acting were just poor imo.

Didnt really buy Nidge as the top guy either. He doesnt have a stronge enough hand. He's very much made as a right hand man not an out and out leader, His decisions were mainly made by getting everyones opinions or being told what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

The writer(name here) was on with Ray Darcy there. He said hes in the middle of writing episode 3 on 4th series.

He also confirmed Darren is 100% dead for any fool on here that thought there might be a chance he survived!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

He also confirmed Darren is 100% dead for any fool on here that thought there might be a chance he survived!!!
    Did anyone still think he was alive? :confused:

Both Carolan and Sheehan have confirmed in previous interviews that he's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yup lots of people . Last few days its all over Facebook that Darren was never shot as it all happened in nidge s dream

Yea, a few clowns on this thread thought there was a chance he might be still alive!!

I know.... I know!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,448 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Love Hate has been nominated for 11 IFTAs

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2013/0109/iftanominations.html
    Actor TV
    Gabriel Byrne, Secret State (Company Pictures)
    Colm Meaney, Hell on Wheels (Endemol)
    Robert Sheehan, Love/Hate (Octagon Films)
    Tom Vaughan Lawlor, Love/Hate (Octagon Films)

Actress TV
    Orla Brady, Sinbad (Possible Pictures)
    Carrie Crowley, Rasai na Gaillimhe (Great Western Films)
    Amy Huberman, Threesome (Big Talk Productions)
    Charlie Murphy, Love/Hate (Octagon Films)

Supporting Actor TV
    Peter Coonan, Love/Hate (Octagon Films)
    Allen Leech, Downton Abbey (Carnival Films)
    Chris O'Dowd, Moone Boy (Grand Pictures, Baby Cow Productions, Hot Cod Productions and Sprout Pictures for Sky 1)
    Andrew Scott, Sherlock (Hartswood Films)

Supporting Actress TV
    Cathy Belton, Roy (Jam Media)
    Susan Loughnane, Love/Hate (Octagon Films)
    Ruth Negga, Secret State (Channel 4)
    Deirdre O'Kane, Moone Boy (Grand Pictures, Baby Cow Productions, Hot Cod Productions and Sprout Pictures for Sky 1)

Hope it cleans up on the acting ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hope it cleans up on the acting ones

Agreed, although I didn't think Susan Loughnane as Debbie was award-worthy tbh. She was poor in Season 2 and it is only the second half of Season 3 where she started convincing imo.

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Agreed, although I didn't think Susan Loughnane as Debbie was award-worthy tbh. She was poor in Season 2 and it is only the second half of Season 3 where she started convincing imo.
    These awards would be season 3 specific though..

Interesting to see Ruth Negga nominated too, albeit for another show.

Just finished the finale.. excellent but would have been better had I not known the ending! :(

Now only 10 months or so til a new episode! :(

PS - I can't be the only one to see the resemblence between Shane Byrne and Fran?

shane-byrne-rock.jpgSNE1013MM-620_1651798a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭trashcan

I've never warmed to Gillen in anything. His bit at the start of Dark Night Rises was really bad I thought. The accent and the acting were just poor imo.

What, not even The Wire ? He was excellent in that. Haven't seen the Batman, so can't comment. Think Gillen is usually very good though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Sheehan nominated for best Actor?

wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

trashcan wrote: »
    What, not even The Wire ? He was excellent in that. Haven't seen the Batman, so can't comment. Think Gillen is usually very good though.

Excellent in Game of Thrones too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I thought he was excellent in GoT and The Wire. I thought the only problem in Batman was that he reminded me too much of Tommy Carcetti, I kept wondering why the major of Baltimore was doing CIA renditions out of Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

I think Sheehan's acting in this scene is fantastic. Really had me on the edge of my seat. I was thinking, Nidge your f***ed now... Oh wait. Great ending, cant wait for season 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swtxGUhBn1A

PaulD77 wrote: »
    I think Sheehan's acting in this scene is fantastic. Really had me on the edge of my seat. I was thinking, Nidge your f***ed now... Oh wait. Great ending, cant wait for season 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swtxGUhBn1A

He improved in certain areas the third series and i notice he looked very dishevelled compare to the clean cut look he had the two series prior.

Got Series 3 in Supervalu today for just under a tenner :) Epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Littleminx

love/hate when will it be back on our screen? cant wait for it to be honest. but dont think it will be great now that darren is gone out of it??xx

Littleminx wrote: »
    love/hate when will it be back on our screen? cant wait for it to be honest. but dont think it will be great now that darren is gone out of it??xx

It wont be out till November/december id guess.

Littleminx wrote: »
    but dont think it will be great now that darren is gone out of it??xx
    As long as the "Nidgeweasel" and Fran are back, I'll be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

As long as the "Nidgeweasel" and Fran are back, I'll be happy!

Fran is great in it!!

The IRA story will take a back seat in Season 4, considering it played such a huge part of season 3, IMO. Although Darren is gone I think they'll bring in another character like him, someone who at times tries to do good but always gets dragged back into the s**t. I don't think the characters that are in it now can hold the show on their own and to me, Nidge isn't exactly a kingpin drug overlord and wont last all of season 4 as boss. Who'll take over... I've no idea!

• Advertisement

Fran is great in it!!

The IRA story will take a back seat in Season 4, considering it played such a huge part of season 3, IMO. Although Darren is gone I think they'll bring in another character like him, someone who at times tries to do good but always gets dragged back into the s**t. I don't think the characters that are in it now can hold the show on their own and to me, Nidge isn't exactly a kingpin drug overlord and wont last all of season 4 as boss. Who'll take over... I've no idea!

I disagree that we've seen the end of the RA. Maybe Lizzie could assume that Darren role. Dont forget Nidge has to do alot of gun running for them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Not the end of the IRA, I just think they'll need a new main story with the IRA taking a back seat. They'll definitely still be there obviously. I'm not sure about Lizzie, I didn't really like her character but that's just me so who knows..

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

PaulD77 wrote: »

Darren didnt look like he was in any fit state to call 999 :D

Low calibre weapon used in yesterdays attack. May have not fully penetrated. I can imagine the glock or probably the bereta that Lizzie used would slice through ya

Good to see Tom Vaughan Lawlor getting more work anyhow. Deserved

Link

Love/Hate lead Tom Vaughan-Lawlor looks set to become a major name in the UK in a new major BBC drama 'Peaky Blinders'.
    The 34-year-old will play an IRA man in the series set in the slums of Birmingham in 1919 where soldiers returning from World War One plot revolution with guns smuggled back from the trenches.
    "Given Tom's character Nidge spent the last series of 'Love/Hate' on the run from the IRA, it's ironic he should end up playing an IRA man in his next big TV role," said a source.
    Taking its name from the Birmingham street gangs that were notorious for sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps, 'Peaky Blinders' stars Cillian Murphy as 'Tommy', the head of the Delaney family in the six-part series, who sees his leadership threatened when a new police chief lands in Birmingham.
    Shot in the UK last year, and due to air on the BBC next autumn, Trinity College graduate Vaughan-Lawlor said his wife, actress Claire Cox, believes 'Love/Hate' is on a par with 'Peaky Blinders' or any other British series.
    "My wife is English and she's constantly saying to me this ('Love/Hate') deserves to be shown internationally, that the standard is so high, it should be shown in Britain," he said.
    But the father-of-one said the popularity of 'Love/Hate' in Ireland is his only concern.
    "It's an Irish show, set in Ireland, made by Irish people and by an Irish cast and crew. As long as it goes down in Ireland, that's the main thing."
    Meanwhile, actress Aoibhinn McGinnity, who plays Nidge's wife 'Trish' in the gritty Irish drama, has revealed she knows nothing about the future of her character in the upcoming fourth series, which starts shooting next month.
    But she joked that she has asked writer Stuart Carolan for a gun so she can't be killed off.
    "I don't have a clue what's going to happen next year – and I'm not just saying that.
    "Everyone thinks I'm lying, but I haven't got a notion.We're all friendly with Stuart Carolan and the writers, but it does get to the point where you're begging them not to kill you off.
    "At wrap parties and stuff I'm like, 'Stuart, is there any chance of giving me a gun or something?'," Aoibhinn told Today FM host Ray D'Arcy.
    The Monaghan woman said she had been taken aback by the extraordinary success of the RTE series.
    "In the first year we all saw the script and the cast and there were some amazing experienced actors and then there was the ones that were new and keen. I was a newbie.
    "We knew it was good and then it just built from there, but I don't think any of us expected this year," she said.
    - Ken Sweeney Entertainment Editor

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

There is a very real chance Darren will feature in season 4 folks!

As a corpse in the funeral home!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

That'll be closed casket!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

There is a very real chance Darren will feature in season 4 folks!

As a corpse in the funeral home!

Or a value beefburger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

pcomer wrote: »
    Or a value beefburger.

There are probably some women who wouldn't mind getting his meat in their mouth!! ;) :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

pcomer wrote: »
    Or a value beefburger.
    :pac::pac::pac: nice one!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement