Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Chin Stroker

Hope so I would box the head off a swan to get to her bedroom.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TROYME

whos??

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Chin Stroker

No. Now do not ask again.

Anyone supplying links will be dealt with.

:pac:

Nidge?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Well well, decided I had to see what all the talk was about so picked up the three series a few weeks back, just finished them last night.
    Apart from a lot of them being too good looking I was highly impressed, I would have been impressed if it was HBO or the like but from RTE, sweet mama.
    Excellent, just excellent, writing, acting, music etc.
    Top drawer.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Brilliant show and I hope the next series has more episodes though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Festy wrote: »
    Brilliant show and I hope the next series has more episodes though.

Not at all, I think the quality has remained high because of the short series, too many episodes could drag out storylines and slow the pace down and dilute the quality of the writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Littleminx

[

haha, well at least we will get to see the last of him
    smart arse:)

As a corpse in the funeral home![/QUOTE]

There is a very real chance Darren will feature in season 4 folks!

As a corpse in the funeral home!

Just found this article going through the 'Famous Tipp people' thread. Hope for him yet maybe :D

http://www.irishexaminer.com/story/ireland/gbgbididau/rss2/#ixzz1SJb2qbx4
    Man hit by 14 bullets ‘had false passport’

By Jimmy Woulfe, Mid-West Correspondent
    Wednesday, July 09, 2008
    A MAN who fled Limerick after he survived 14 bullet wounds in a machinegun attack, was found with a false passport hours after he arrived back in the city from Britain, a court heard.
    John Creamer, 33, who formerly lived in O’Malley Park, Southill was brought before Limerick District Court yesterday for obstructing a garda. Creamer was badly wounded in a notorious broad day light machine gun attack seven years ago when he was hit in the head and upper body by 14 bullets.

Medical sources said it was the first time they had seen a man survive such wounds. Reports at that time revealed that the gang members who shot him subsequently went to America to brush up on their shooting on rifle ranges in Florida.

Detective Garda David Baynham told yesterday’s court hearing that on July 3, he went to the Absolute Hotel with a warrant to search a room. On going to a room he found Creamer.

Det Gda Baynham found an Irish passport with Creamer’s picture, but in the name of Johnny McNamara. The passport was not a forgery. When asked about it, Creamer told Det Gda Baynham: "I was shot at with a machinegun and I have to be careful how I travel."

Creamer obstructed the garda, but it was more of a technical nature, the court heard. Det Gda Baynham said Creamer would still be under threat.

Judge Tom O’Donnell imposed a six month suspended sentence for obstructing the officer. The judge directed the passport should be forfeited.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,449 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Can't wait for the IFTAs tonight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Stooped wrote: »
    Can't wait for the IFTAs tonight.

Charlie Murphy has to win best actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I really hope Tom Vaughan lawlor wins too

Lisha wrote: »
    I really hope Tom Vaughan lawlor wins too

Tom Vaughan Lawlor should mop the floor tonight if there is any justice. He is going to the very top in my opinion. A super talented actor

Tom VL is indeed a legend and I really wish him every success

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Tom Vaughan Lawlor should mop the floor tonight if there is any justice. He is going to the very top in my opinion. A super talented actor

You're having a laugh, surely? Ahead of Byrne and Meaney?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

The hair on Sheehan

BCsQqsRCAAARHuS.jpg:large

mitosis wrote: »

Meaney is a super actor no doubt but Tom Vaughan Lawlors portrayal of Nidge is as good as acting as ive seen in yonks. By Byrne are you referring to Gabriel? i hadnt seen anything he was in in 2012. I seen Meaney in Hell on Wheels and he was excellent no doubt. TVL is up there with him though

Stooped wrote: »
    The hair on Sheehan

I think he is naturally curly as he always apperars in public that way but the straight hair he has as Dazzler suits him better

Well Tom VL got the Ifta
    Love/hate cleaning up
    Well done whoo hoo

• Advertisement

Well Tom VL got the Ifta
    Love/hate cleaning up
    Well done whoo hoo

Let alone is it the best tv program that Ireland has ever produced but one of the best ive ever seen. Keep up the good work Carolan and co

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Let alone is it the best tv program that Ireland has ever produced but one of the best ive ever seen. Keep up the good work Carolan and co

Up there with Bachelors Walk, both excellent but very different, both will stand the test of time.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Well Tom VL got the Ifta
    Love/hate cleaning up
    Well done whoo hoo

The fella who plays Fran was robbed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It should be coming back around October then I guess if they are soon starting filming.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The fella who plays Fran was robbed :(

Ironic.

mitosis wrote: »

As much as I like Meaney he is terrible imo in Hell on Wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

its probably been talked about before, but they seem to be talking about a US remake of the show, i just cant see how they can translate this into american without going over ground already covered over and over again by all the other US crime and gangster series,

and i cant bring myself to even think of the terrible accents on any irish people they decide to cast in the show:o:o:o,

http://joe.ie/entertainment/television/lovehate-remake-for-us-television-0034327-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

don ramo wrote: »
    its probably been talked about before, but they seem to be talking about a US remake of the show, i just cant see how they can translate this into american without going over ground already covered over and over again by all the other US crime and gangster series,

and i cant bring myself to even think of the terrible accents on any irish people they decide to cast in the show:o:o:o,

http://joe.ie/entertainment/television/lovehate-remake-for-us-television-0034327-1

They've sold an option on it, don't think anything's green light yet is it?

I doubt they'd cast any of the original lads, probably set it totally state-side.

Although having said that I'd imagine Tom Vaughn Lawlor could make a decent stab at any accent he put his mind to.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Mel gibson as Fran. coola boola

• Advertisement

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Mel gibson as Fran. coola boola

If they want real mental or psychotic actors maybe get Charlie Sheen and Christian Bale :)

The gangster thing has been done to death in America though (pun unintended). No need to do a remake of love/hate and god knows they make a sh*t of some of these remakes. All remakes are at the end of the day is a glorified form of translation of the original but if we can grasp the dialogue of their shows then they should engage their brains and grasp the dialogue of ours

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement