Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

dave1982 wrote: »
    I read some where Dermot from fair city is in this season, anyone else read that?

Darren's blue hoodie Vs Dermot's cream mac :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Anyone else getting sick of the Independent constantly speculating and showing pictures from on set?

They had another speculative photo/piece on Nidge a couple of weeks ago the subject of which I won't mention here in case it possibly ruins it for others.

I know they're only guessing but I'd rather go in to the next series with zero images in my mind.

Will just have to avoid their website in future I suppose! No harm. It's generally trash anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Darren's blue hoodie Vs Dermot's cream mac :P
    Benjamin rolls up on his bmx and shots Nidge :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Love hate are not gonna ruin what they have built up by actually not killing off Dazzler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

kraggy wrote: »
    Anyone else getting sick of the Independent constantly speculating and showing pictures from on set?

They had another speculative photo/piece on Nidge a couple of weeks ago the subject of which I won't mention here in case it possibly ruins it for others.

I know they're only guessing but I'd rather go in to the next series with zero images in my mind.

Will just have to avoid their website in future I suppose! No harm. It's generally trash anyway.
    Stop reading the paper then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Stop reading the paper then.

Read my post again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Is Dazzler ALIVE??

From the RTE Website
    Reports today suggest that Robert Sheehan's character Darren is set to make a return in the fourth series of Dublin crime drama Love/Hate when it airs on RTÉ later this year.
    In the concluding episode of the last series, Darren was seen by nearly a million viewers being gunned down in broad daylight on a Dublin side street by Lizzie (Caoilfhionn Dunne), in revenge for her murdered brother.
    However, a report in today's Herald newspaper claims that Sheehan will make a return as Darren in the new season of the hugely-popular drama after the actor was photographed filming scenes in Clontarf, north Dublin.
    A spokesperson for RTÉ said, "We are not commenting on the photos of Robbie Sheehan. We don't want to ruin any storylines for loyal Love/Hate fans."
    There was an outcry among fans of the show when Darren was left lying in a pool of blood at the end of the final episode of series three last December but it was never made clear if the pretty boy in Nidge's gang was dead or not.

This gave me a bit of a chuckle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

They're all trying to get in on the act now.... Maybe Dermot does gets pushed enough by Jo to turn into a nasty?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Channel 5 has picked up the show in the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Channel 5 has picked up the show in the UK

Link?

tvnutz wrote: »
    Link?

Was in today's Irish Mirror newspaper

• Registered Users Posts: 38,359 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

maybe Darren's ghost is haunting Nidge or something or it could be something to do with Tommys Coma.

Why do people love Darren so much he killed an innocent man and his girlfriend while there child slept upstairs, he got what was coming to him :mad::D.
    Possbily think Tommy is only dreaming Darren being shot.

So anyother speculation for the new series. Will Fran find out what Nidge done to his wife (I knw its all the way back in season 2 but it could crop up again) and will the IRA boys clip Nidge after they use him enough

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If Darren does come back it will be the second time he has survived an end of series attempt on his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its gonna be part of a dream sequence playing on the guilt Nidge feels. Cant see it being anything more than that unless they feel like rebooting the six million dollar man and give Darren the bionic brain that was meant for Tommy!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

PTH2009 wrote: »
    maybe Darren's ghost is haunting Nidge or something or it could be something to do with Tommys Coma.

Why do people love Darren so much he killed an innocent man and his girlfriend while there child slept upstairs, he got what was coming to him :mad::D.
    Possbily think Tommy is only dreaming Darren being shot.

So anyother speculation for the new series. Will Fran find out what Nidge done to his wife (I knw its all the way back in season 2 but it could crop up again) and will the IRA boys clip Nidge after they use him enough

You do know its not real life right? People like the character in the show, Im not sure they would like a real hitman...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Ex-cast member visits old colleagues on set, media adds 2+2 and gets 90 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nah, clear from what he's wearing that he is involved in the filming somewhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, Robert Sheehan just swans around visiting people in Darren's signature blue hoody..

.. he just can't let that character go! :D

Yes it is safe to say Robert is filming

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I heard on the radio that he was wearing a hospital gown, so I think it is safe to assume that he was not just visiting old colleagues.

If Darren did survive the end of the last season, I'm predicting:

End of 4th season: Loads of explosives rammed down this throat before seeing him explode.

End of 5th season: Thrown into a pool of molten metal before writhing in pain and sinking out of sight.

End of 6th season: An epic light sabre battle with Nidge, which results in him being sliced in half and vanishing into nothingness.

In the seventh season he will have a limited role as an apparition.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Basil3 wrote: »
    End of 5th season: Thrown into a pool of molten metal before writhing in pain and sinking out of sight.
    You forgot him giving Tommy a thumbs up..

Terminator-2-thumb-up-terminator-9844997-227-136.gif

** trying not to cry **

K.Flyer wrote: »
    If Darren does come back it will be the second time he has survived an end of series attempt on his life.

The first one was some way credible but to survive an entry and exit wound through the brain from a gunshot would be just far too much. If they do bring him back and expect us to believe he survived that then they may as well bring back John Boy, Hughie, Git, the couple that were shot, and Aido the budgie while they are at it.

I think he will probably be involved in some sort of dream sequence(s). It would be credible for Nidge to be so paranoid and high on drugs that he might start hallucinating and seeing 'Darrrin' everywhere. The only other thing i can think of is perhaps himself and Lizzie have some sort of revenge plot arranged between them but that is even too far fetched

Someone claimed on boards last year that Ruth Negga was filming during the last season also so i dunno can we read too much into it. I hope the RA come back. I think if their story was concluded the last series it would leave far too many loose ends to tie up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

The first one was some way credible but to survive an entry and exit wound through the brain from a gunshot would be just far too much. If they do bring him back and expect us to believe he survived that then they may as well bring back John Boy, Hughie, Git, the couple that were shot, and Aido the budgie while they are at it.

I think he will probably be involved in some sort of dream sequence(s). It would be credible for Nidge to be so paranoid and high on drugs that he might start hallucinating and seeing 'Darrrin' everywhere. The only other thing i can think of is perhaps himself and Lizzie have some sort of revenge plot arranged between them but that is even too far fetched

Someone claimed on boards last year that Ruth Negga was filming during the last season also so i dunno can we read too much into it. I hope the RA come back. I think if their story was concluded the last series it would leave far too many loose ends to tie up

the shooting could be a dream that Nidge had... Darren could have escaped the from Elmo and Nidge heard fell asleep and dreamt Lizzie shooting Darren only for him to wake up with Darren standing over or something.

Don't forget Sheenan was supposed to be going to USA or Canada to act in a show this year but the show got axed so the writers may have planned to remove him but then with him been so popular they decided to write him back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Any idea when series 4 will start ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

in todays Mirror (for all its accuracy), their saying hes back, he was at the hospital filming a scene, apparently RTE are not pleased with the lack of security and perimiters on set, and they said going by fan reactions apparently a lot of "girls" only watch the show for darren, so to write him out would impact the ratings to much, and RTE are now expecting every episode in season 4 to pull in 1million + viewers,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

James__10 wrote: »
    Any idea when series 4 will start ?
    about the second week in November normally, finnish then the week before Christmas,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

don ramo wrote: »
    in todays Mirror (for all its accuracy), their saying hes back, he was at the hospital filming a scene, apparently RTE are not pleased with the lack of security and perimiters on set, and they said going by fan reactions apparently a lot of "girls" only watch the show for darren, so to write him out would impact the ratings to much, and RTE are now expecting every episode in season 4 to pull in 1million + viewers,

What a joke he must of had Kevlar inside his head to protect his brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Jumboman wrote: »

What a joke he must of had Kevlar inside his head to protect his brain.
    Or it's something to do with Tommy or nidge visiting Tommy - it's not necessarily that he survived.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement