Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

don ramo wrote: »
    in todays Mirror (for all its accuracy), their saying hes back, he was at the hospital filming a scene, apparently RTE are not pleased with the lack of security and perimiters on set, and they said going by fan reactions apparently a lot of "girls" only watch the show for darren, so to write him out would impact the ratings to much, and RTE are now expecting every episode in season 4 to pull in 1million + viewers,

To be honest if Stuart Carolan and co are merely motivated by writing Love/Hate to keep a certain demographic watching the show they'll find themselves in obscurity in a couple of years wondering where it all go wrong. He is forgetting about the intelligent people that actually tune in to the show expected to be entertained 'merely' by the integrity and greatness of the storyline as well as its production values

And it says alot about the intelligence of some of the women in this country if they are only considering watching the show because it contains actors they deem attractive. They would be the first to give out if men took that attitude.

However i smell an air of red top sensationalism about this whole debacle. They think the public are as intelligent as those who write for the tabloids.

Give us some credit please. Granted we continously voted in FF and many other chancer politicians and seemingly will do so the next election but id like to think that some of us at the very least, havent stooped to a tabloid level of intelligence yet

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Fran on Saturday night show now, in his real persona, talking about suicide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I loved the opening to Season 2.

The music was fantastic as they covered Darren waking up and having flashbacks and Jon Boy checking his CCTV

Now I watch it again and the music has changed and I don't like this new tune at all.

Have I imagined this? :confused:
    Did the producers change the music for the opening of Season 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I loved the opening to Season 2.

The music was fantastic as they covered Darren waking up and having flashbacks and Jon Boy checking his CCTV

Now I watch it again and the music has changed and I don't like this new tune at all.

If it happened it was probably a financial reason rather than an artistic decision by the producers.

Music rights for particular songs can be quite cheap for TV, but very expensive for DVD, leading to a change in the song used. It can even happen just because it was used in that TV program - leading to extra interest in some forgotten song so the rights holders chance their arm for more money when the next request comes along.

It happens regularly enough with BBC/ITV shows as well.

Thinking about it I'd reckon Darren is doing just two scenes....
    1) reshooting his death from the pov of Lizzie.
    2) a hospital/morgue scene where Nidge can cry over him and threaten revenge - only Aido/Fran/Elmo know that Nidge wanted him dead, to everyone else in the gang and gangland in general Nidge should be mourning his mate.

Anything else (like survival) would be terrible.

• Advertisement

don ramo wrote: »
    in todays Mirror ........... apparently RTE are not pleased with the lack of security and perimiters on set.

Lol at this.
    If the spoiling cnuts in the tabloid industry weren't intent on finding out as much as possible about series 4 and splashing it on the front page, and gave the producers the time and space to make the show, then they wouldn't have to waste precious time and money with 'security and perimeters'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

As of right now, there are filming Love/Hate at scenes At Ormond Square Dublin 7. Pics on my Instagram...

username : irelandoffline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

mikemac1 wrote: »

TV version and DVD release could well be different because of the cost of the rights.
    Music rights for particular songs can be quite cheap for TV, but very expensive for DVD, leading to a change in the song used. It can even happen just because it was used in that TV program - leading to extra interest in some forgotten song so the rights holders chance their arm for more money when the next request comes along.

For an RTE show producers wouldn't have to go looking for the rights for the tracks for the broadcast version. As far as I know RTE have a blanket agreement for music rights which covers shows they produce (this is why magazine shows often have the latest chart toppers used in them). However this blanket agreement only covers the broadcast version of the show, the commercial DVD release has to negotiate the rights like any film would. Therefore they would make a different version with cheaper music for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

I'm hoping that Darren is in a coma/dying in hospital allowing them to bring Ruth Bradley back into it. I liked her.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Neeson wrote: »

While the SW is a rag, im going to go with their latest take on it. The Love/Hate writers are just simply too good to let me down now. :)
    http://www.sundayworld.com/showbiz/sw-gossip.php

If Darren is alive then it will only be in Nidges dreams or drug induced visions and i could go along with that no problem.

The ending of a series i notice always has huge significance the next series. The theme of last series was Nidge having been given this new power after whacking John Boy, he is now struggling to cope with it.

This series will revolves around the short collapse of Nidges empire due to the fact he has sold out probably the only loyal and trustworthy member of his gang and beaten the other to an inch of his life. He is now isolated with only Fran the man to trust and Fran is circling like a shark. Nidge is near the end line. Such a great character but the nature of the lifestyle they lead we just couldnt expect him to live till 100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Even from the article itself he is quoted as saying he was briefly back with the love/hate gang, briefly, as in not permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Possibly hospital scenes or flashbacks or manifestations of Nidge's guilty conscience.

Hopefully nothing more.

I think they're just playing with people now, telling Robbie Sheehan to hint at coming back to get people to tune in.

First episode of the next season will be a ratings blockbuster for RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

For the last time...... Darren is dead....

He.is.not.alive.

**** me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Even without the "is Darren dead or not?" story line, there are a hell of a lot of stories to unfold in series 4.

Tommy beating Dano's father almost to death and sleeping with his wife.

Nidge having to worry about Tommy spilling the beans that he beat him up and why.

Nidge trying to keep the fact that he had ordered Darren's killing a secret from everyone.

Tommy possibly telling Fran that not only had Nidge been sleeping with his wife, but that he threw the pipe bomb through his front window effectively killing her.

Tommy will have a big hand to play in this series.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Even without the "is Darren dead or not?" story line, there are a hell of a lot of stories to unfold in series 4.

Tommy beating Dano's father almost to death and sleeping with his wife.

Nidge having to worry about Tommy spilling the beans that he beat him up and why.

Nidge trying to keep the fact that he had ordered Darren's killing a secret from everyone.

Tommy possibly telling Fran that not only had Nidge been sleeping with his wife, but that he threw the pipe bomb through his front window effectively killing her.

Id agree. I think Nidge's time is coming to a close this series and the walls are closing in. His only 'pal' will be Fran who is setting him up big time for a fall. Tommy will be a useful vehicle in the whole scenario. He may well come out of the coma with a new found brain and play it clever with Nidge. Nidge will be all buddy-buddy to him but there will be too many different people armed with various different information. Aido, Elmo, Tommy, Fran and perhaps even Lizzie.

I wonder could Darren have done a flashback scene albeit unseen in the last series where he leaves a message on Fran's answering machine revealing Nidge's affair with Linda and this message could have been left just minutes before he rang Nidge and then Lizzie shot him?

Has Jason Barry (Dano) been seen filming on location or Sean McGinley?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Fran still has the bone belonging to Git, doesn't he?

That will surely have a part to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Super-Rush wrote: »

Tommy beating Dano's father almost to death and sleeping with Raping his wife.

Tommy possibly telling Isn't Darren the only one who knows that Nidge slept with Fran's wife? Fran that not only had Nidge been sleeping with his wife, but that he threw the pipe bomb through his front window effectively killing her.

Didn't think Tommy knew about the afair?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'd say the next series will be Nidge's last anyway, whatever happens. The RA plan to use him and then dispose of him but then he's not Nidge-weasel for nothing. Maybe he'll get arrested (See today's Mirror) and have protection in prison and either rat on people or run the operation from the inside.

• Advertisement

julyjane wrote: »
    I'd say the next series will be Nidge's last anyway, whatever happens. The RA plan to use him and then dispose of him but then he's not Nidge-weasel for nothing. Maybe he'll get arrested (See today's Mirror) and have protection in prison and either rat on people or run the operation from the inside.

I hate the way the media is going all out to spoil the storyline for us. The writers did hint though last year, that they were considering doing a series in a prison. They also said though that they were also considering doing a series abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 38,359 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

reading the mirror yesterday the actor who plays Fran siad he wants to leave the show after season 4 so id say Fran is going to get killed in season 4.

Who could the spin off be about

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

PTH2009 wrote: »
    reading the mirror yesterday the actor who plays Fran siad he wants to leave the show after season 4 so id say Fran is going to get killed in season 4.
    The Mirror you say? Seems reasonable..
    Please be Aido's Budgie...

.. please be Aido's Budgie...

.. please be Aido's Budgie...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The Mirror said it's going to be about Aido's Budgie...

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

reading the mirror

Tommy Tommy Tommmy

:):)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

In a shock twist, I heard a rumour that it's actually going to be a cooking show called "Traditional Irish Cooking, with Aido and the Budgie".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Could see cooking show work!

Especially if they are 'cooking' meth,

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭soggy biscuit

Lisha wrote: »
    Could see cooking show work!

Especially if they are 'cooking' meth,

Is there not a show already like this on tv???

Aaa yes, thats right........... Downton Abbey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Darren could do "of the rails" type fasion show

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement