Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Darren could do "of the rails" type fasion show

This week Darren will be wearing a blue zip hoodie from Pennys. Join us next week when Darren will be wearing a blue zip hoodie from Pennys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Never heard of this show.......

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh-you-93067263235.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭paulbok

Maybe Darren gets a series called "tales of the Unexplained" where he investigates weird and unusual phenomena like his disappearing and reappearing mouse-tash?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Or a medical series where he gets to see people who survive being shot in the head and make it to a hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's not on ABC Family or The CW, Richy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Littleminx

I Have being reading the paper there saying Around Autum prob in around September maybe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

First episode of season 4 definately should be a ratings record for RTÉ.

The media (RTÉ included), will probably keep drip feeding stories to keep up the hype as to where the story lines will go.

I would speculate that Nidge's time in charge of affairs is going to be rather short. Of course this depends on the time span over which season 4 covers.

I just can't see Tommy making up with Nidge and resuming his previous position in the gang now, so there'll always be the threat that Tommy is just waiting for the right moment to get revenge.

Don't forget Siobhan, on the verge of a breakdown. If she gets even the mearest hint that Nidge was involved in Tommy's beating, it'll all be too much to endure, and she'll 'confide' in someone, anyone, just for emotional support if nothing else. Resulting in word getting back to the boys and girls in Harcourt St. Maybe this is just the kind of 'charge' they can make stick on the ever slippery Nidge!

Then of course there's Fran as already mentioned by a another poster, he'll see Nidge getting more and more nervous, as he's drawn into gun running by the 'RA', probably spiraling into an ever increasing drug taking frenzy, just to 'keep his head straight'. This will make Nidge look like a weak leader, just ready for 'the plucking'.

And the RA themselves wont trust Nidge for a moment if they think he's 'loosing it' with the drink & the drugs, he'll be 'clipped' if they think he might be arrested on the assualt charge on Tommy.

All in all things are'nt looking too good for poor old 'Nidgy', Should be fantastic role to develop for Tom Vaughan Lawlor.

If it's even half as good as season 3, it'll be a good'un, looking forward already. As for when wer're likely to see airing, the speculation is that the fourth series will be six, maybe seven episodes. So given that they will want the season to finish just in time for the 'Christmas box-set season', I guess we should see it around the end of October / early November.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If Fran somehow found out what Nidge was up to with his missus then Fran would take over fairly lively...wonder is the "spin off" show, the cop side of things that was mentioned before?

If Fran somehow found out what Nidge was up to with his missus then Fran would take over fairly lively...wonder is the "spin off" show, the cop side of things that was mentioned before?

Yeah, I think you might just be on to something there. I would suggest that there's a mood at the moment for a home produced 'gritty, warts 'n' all' cop series.

The crims seem to be running the show nowadays, the do whatever they like to whomever they like whenever and however they like. The cops seem to be running around with one arm tied behind their back most of the time.

In a well funded, well produced police drama series at least, we coud see the cops taking on the thugs, the gangs, and their low-life cohorts with the gloves off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Stuart carolan is already on the record about a show from the cops perspective, I would imagine rte stepped in and said "nooooooooo Nidge and gang is working don't Change a thing" then the papers mentioned a spin off show. We were introduced to the cops in s3 the new characters looked impressive enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

I see Nidge was doing a bit of shooting today on kenilworth lane , rathmines. They had the lane blocked off all day for filming ..

I saw him put a few bullets into someone ... Looked like a new character ..
    Was there a paddy in the last series ?

bob11 wrote: »
    I see Nidge was doing a bit of shooting today

I saw him put a few bullets into someone ...

Now, Now Nidge! only decaf for you from now on me boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

/unfollows thread. So many spoilers being posted. I feel I've watched next autumn's episodes already. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

bob11 wrote: »
    Was there a paddy in the last series ?

Paddy was Lizzy's brother who got shot by Darren

DeepBlue wrote: »
    /unfollows thread. So many spoilers being posted. I feel I've watched next autumn's episodes already. :(

Hear Hear. Use the spoiler tags at least people

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Filming scenes at Walkinstown Green with Aido right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Filming scenes at Walkinstown Green with Aido right now.

around the corner from me and I didnt even notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There was a good interview with Tom Vaughan Lawlor about all things Nidge on the John Murray Show RTE1 this morning (but interview was by Miriam "genuinely" O'C).

Filming finishing this week according to him, after 11 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The die is cast so for S4 regardless of all the guessing ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,644 ✭✭✭✭walshb

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    There was a good interview with Tom Vaughan Lawlor about all things Nidge on the John Murray Show RTE1 this morning (but interview was by Miriam "genuinely" O'C).

Filming finishing this week according to him, after 11 weeks.

I turned it off when I heard her interviewing. Useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I need this to be good, I really do. After the good awful mess that was homeland and the junk that twd descended into, then I discovered house of cards which is finished until...? Then southland gets canceled... Its enough to drive a man to drink!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi

really enjoyed love hate and have been trying to find out when the new series will be starting on rte. No luck on Google searches etc, all could find was a reference to new series starting in 'the autumn' but its almost summer now so im a little baffled?!

So i would be greatful if anyone who knows can fill me in?!!

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

It was only a couple of weeks before last season began that anyone knew for sure when it was starting.

RTÉ seem to keep it as a tightly guarded secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Its claiming November on IMDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Well I suspect RTE will want series 4 on the shelves for the Christmas market. It will probably be available on Monday 16th December after the season finale on Sunday the night before. Not sure how many episodes they're going for but I'd say the first Sunday in November or last Sunday in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭paulbok

A couple of hours sunshine and you're calling summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

Lapin wrote: »
    It was only a couple of weeks before last season began that anyone knew for sure when it was starting.

RTÉ seem to keep it as a tightly guarded secret.

This seems to be the case with all of RTE's premiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

paulbok wrote: »
    A couple of hours sunshine and you're calling summer?

Ahh but i said "almost summer"!!!!

Anyway regardless of the weather it is almost the end of may so yes i suppose this is just about summer time..in a week it will be June and afaik summer is June/july/august.

Anyway thanks everyone! Il be looking out for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Summer is May/June/July in Ireland, so it's summer now :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement