Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Typically TV shows air consecutive seasons the same time year after year..

So while season 1 aired in October, but season 2 and 3 were both early November.. so I'm guessing same time this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Repeated on rte 2 next Friday?

I assume its from season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Neeson wrote: »

Yup according to tv now.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,564 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Neeson wrote: »

Yes they are showing it in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

It's being fairly heavily plugged on Five ahead of them running it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is getting a repeat from the start on RTE 2 tonight at 9pm double episodes so you can see Dazzler and Co in HD :P

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

Fair play RTE for doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

Macy0161 wrote: »
    According to robert-sheehan.net
    English TV audiences will be able to watch acclaimed RTÉ drama Love/Hate from next month.
    Channel 5 will air all four episodes of the first series weekly from Wednesday July 17 at 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Mary might be back in the next series seeing as Darrens funeral will have to be arranged.

Macy0161 wrote: »

RTE drama Love/Hate' has already become a hit with UK audiences, with nearly three-quarters of a million tuning in for the series opener. Stuart Carolan's gangland phenomenon kicked off on Channel 5 on Wednesday night and attracted 738,000 British viewers.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RTE drama Love/Hate' has already become a hit with UK audiences, with nearly three-quarters of a million tuning in for the series opener. Stuart Carolan's gangland phenomenon kicked off on Channel 5 on Wednesday night and attracted 738,000 British viewers.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-and-tv/lovehate-proves-smash-hit-uk-2090458

I doubt all 738000 people couldnt understand the accents involved somehow just the mirror trying to be precious and make a story out of nothing but those minority of ignoramus that do would perhaps do well to request subtitles for the rest of the world who watch Eastenders or Corrie where there is thick Cockney or Mancunian accents.

Love/Hate proves a smash hit in the UK..but viewers need subtitles

26 Jul 2013 06:20 Around 738,000 people tuned in across the water for the gritty drama, but could not understand the thick accents involved

Bernard Walsh

Love/Hate has become a hit in the UK but viewers have called for subtitles so they can understand it.
    The RTE drama was watched by 738,000 people when it made its Channel 5 debut on Wednesday night.
    And TV bosses revealed the gritty gangland hit helped the station beat Channel 4 and BBC2 in the ratings – making it the third most-watched show in its time slot.
    It also did well to keep almost all of the 1.35 million who were watching Big Brother the hour before, as the appeal of Aidan Gillen and Robert Sheehan drew viewers in.
    And Channel 5 boss Ben Frow admitted he was so delighted by the massive ratings he’s already bought season two.
    He said: “I’m delighted Love/Hate performed so well for us, particularly amongst younger viewers, and we’ve already bought series two.”
    Insiders expect the show – which the Irish Mirror first revealed had been bought by the UK station – is only likely to see ever-increasing ratings.
    A source said: “This is only going to be the start for Love/Hate in the UK. It is expected the ratings are going to keep going up and up.
    “When it first aired on RTE, people never expected it to explode up towards nearly a million viewers, but word of mouth helped hugely in Ireland.
    The expectation is that this is what Channel 5 are going to see happen as well, as more and more people hear about it, the figures are only going to go up.”
    However, Love/Hate is likely to have lost some viewers because British viewers found it hard to understand Nidge and Darren.
    One viewer wrote on Twitter: “Think some people are going to need subtitles for Love/Hate this side of the water.”
    Another added: “Watching Irish drama Love/Hate on C5. Have had to resort to subtitles.”
    One more said: “Love/Hate on Channel 5 needs subtitles.”
    And another added: “Dunno about you but that Love/Hate need some serious subtitles... And I’m half Irish.”
    On Thursday night, the Love/Hate cast celebrated their newfound UK success with a night out at Leopardstown race course.
    Meanwhile, Love/Hate director David Caffrey was keeping quiet on what’s coming in season five.
    He told Radio One: “All sorts of weird and wonderful things [will be happening] but Darren definitely won’t be coming back.”

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

what’s coming in season five.

Did I miss a season?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 doncastro

Any update when season 4 starts? Can't find ANYTHING on the net which is so strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

will fran be in it after his little brush with john law

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭trashcan

If we can understand the various regional accents in the UK (which I certainly can with no bother)I really don't see what their problem is with understanding the Dublin accent. Any English people on here who have a problem understanding us ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Funnily enough a couple of months ago my daughter brought the Box Set over to her friends who live near Manchester and every now and then they would have to pause the DVD either for her to explain what they said or explain what they meant. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

This is a bit like that moment in Trainspotting, where they realise they were indeed colonised by....................... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Now that its being shown from season one kn rte every fri, im hoping when it gets to thr end of season 3, season 4 will follow, so if that's the case, im estimating it should start by the end of the month/beginning of next, anyone know if this is correct?
    Thanks

qwertytlk wrote: »
    Im estimating it should start by the end of the month/beginning of next

My money is on a start date of Sunday 10 November 2013.

ps. If this is going to be the official thread for season 4 would it be possible for a mod to add the "/" to the title.

will fran be in it after his little brush with john law

I hope he is

Probably will start around late October/early November like previous seasons

• Advertisement

Thanks to the Mod who adjusted the thread title. :)

Looking back at the previous Love/Hate thread it is interesting to see the rise in popularity through the three series.

Series 1 (2010) took up approx 25 pages.

Series 2 (2011) doubled that to approx 54 pages

Series 3 (2012) then took up a whopping 204 pages approx.

It will be interesting to see how series 4 goes.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Prob been said before, but some big Darren's beard related continuity errors in season 2 eps 5 and 6. Hilarious bit there where his mirror image has the beard and he hasn't!

Yeah the tache had a mind of its own alright :)

Really have to laugh at the female characters. Did Rosie think Darren was a big shot banker or something?

As for Trish, loves the idea of Nidge earning loads of money so she can shop til she drops and even more delighted with his 'promotion' but soon as the gardai are at the door she's all 'ah your not into that sh*t again Nigel?!' No Trish love, he is a top executive for Apple computers that's where all the money comes from to keep you in your houses and range rovers :D :rolleyes:

Mary too with her sweetness and light act!
    She all but told Darren to off Luke

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

Anyone know when season four starts? Read September and October.

RAFA B wrote: »
    Anyone know when season four starts? Read September and October.

Dunno but it cant come quick enough. I love this show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Dunno but it cant come quick enough. I love this show

There is a write up on Season 4 Love/Hate in RTE's new schedule - page 6

No date though.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/newseason2013/pdf/rte-new-season.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

The independent said mid november today. So the usual time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Interview with some of the cast, Interesting part in it where the actor who plays Dano said "the actor that I played" he seemed to be only one of them who spoke past tense about his character.Probably reading too much into it :rolleyes:

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/detective-garda-on-a-mission-to-take-nidge-down-in-new-lovehate-29484424.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement