Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is it 6 episodes again this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Tonight's episode was so harrowing,couldn't watch bits of it!
    Poor Siobhan :(
    Charlie Murphy is an outstanding actress!
    This is the best show to come out of Ireland and I'm glad its being received well in the UK,it deserves to be recognised as a brilliant drama internationally.
    And I CANNOT WAIT for season 4,November can't come quick enough if that is when it's back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Hi guys can anyone tell me what the name git is short for? I never heard it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Susan Loughnane is in Hollyoaks now

• Registered Users Posts: 38,359 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

smilerxxx wrote: »
    Hi guys can anyone tell me what the name git is short for? I never heard it before.
    mite be gerald ?? not sure but thats my guess

ps did anyone ever see Between the canals. The same actor who plays fran is in it. id say its where the fran character came out off and the movie is set on Paddys day too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

smilerxxx wrote: »

Christopher, Chris, Christy, Christer, Gitser, Git.
    Not heard so much these days but was quite common to hear it in Dublin City pre 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I think it mentions his name as Christopher in the programme. Or maybe it's on the credits I saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Nidge got parking on Victoria Quay fairly handy on Paddy's day.

Loving watching it all again, really looking forward to Season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Thanks lads, I know I heard it when series 3 was on but while watching again last night I couldn't think of it and it drove me mad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

Those 2 episodes last night were proper mental...extremely strong stuff, the difference between the 3rd and 1st series is like night and day.....I'd wonder if Ch4 didn't take it on because it's too damn hard hitting, don't think I've ever seen the like of on British tv (I know Ch5 have taken series 1 and 2) but they dont have anything like the same audience

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Be some craic to see the Nidge Weasel get clamped :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Really enjoying the re-runs although last night's episodes were harrowing. Charlie Murphy is an amazing actress.
    Even though I've seen it all before I can't remember why Nidge gave Elmo's name to Danno. Anyone remember why he picked on Elmo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Elmo was an easy target as he insulted Git in the pub (ra insults ) and then either Git or dano but Elmo in the face.
    So it was assumed that Elmo sought revenge for bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks Lisha, thought that might be it but I was afraid I'd missed something.
    Cheers ! Poor Elmo in the pub with Darren, it was so sad to see his tears well up when he copped on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yeah it was sad alright jos but then when he bottled the barman my Elmo pity disappeared .
    Yeah Last nights episodes were s bit tough, spent a good bit last night behind a cushion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Hopefully it will come out that Nidge was tappin Frans wife and that he threw the pipebomb as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Parked in a loading bay. Probably has a deal with the clampers.

bazermc wrote: »
    Parked in a loading bay. Probably has a deal with the clampers.

Not having the prospect of getting pipe-bombed or kneecapped by the bullet or two from a sawn-off shot gun is normally a great deal breaker.

Lisha wrote: »
    Yeah it was sad alright jos but then when he bottled the barman my Elmo pity disappeared .
    Yeah Last nights episodes were s bit tough, spent a good bit last night behind a cushion.

Andy Reid's long lost identical twin brother didn't run too far considering the RA were after him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

mrbrown69 wrote: »
    I'd wonder if Ch4 didn't take it on because it's too damn hard hitting.

Hardly. Of all the stations to be like that Ch4 is the one. Were Ch4 offered it?

• Advertisement

Neeson wrote: »
    Hardly. Of all the stations to be like that Ch4 is the one. Were Ch4 offered it?

Only c5 seemed to buy it. Perhaps the others prefer more to show original drama that they themselves produced. Surprised ITV didnt go for it considering they bought the international distribution rights and that STV (Scottish Franchise of ITV) had previously shown it. ITV also showed Single Handed so its surprising that they didnt opt for the more popular Love/hate also.

C4 would definately go for something like this and the dark element such as last nights episode wouldn't phase them. For example, Shameless had a pretty shocking scene a couple of seasons back where one of the characters dug up the body of the father of his love rival in an act of revenge for stealing his wife.

what happened Mary in S.3. She seems to have just disappeared altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

what happened Mary in S.3. She seems to have just disappeared altogether

From memory the actress wasn't available at the times they wanted her, so they went with 'her and Darren no longer in contact' to cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hopefully it will come out that Nidge was tappin Frans wife and that he threw the pipebomb as well.

Does Tommy know or was it only Darren who knew?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Just seen this on the 'Tommy':o Facebook page looks like a pic from the new series. Tommy's hair just doesn't look right!https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=705848262764970&set=a.560288343987630.145788.560286913987773&type=1&theater

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Just seen this on the 'Tommy':o Facebook page looks like a pic from the new series. Tommy's hair just doesn't look right!https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=705848262764970&set=a.560288343987630.145788.560286913987773&type=1&theater

It hardly looks like Tommy at all.

I wonder how he recovers from the Coma, maybe his hair grew while in the coma.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It hardly looks like Tommy at all.

I wonder how he recovers from the Coma, maybe his hair grew while in the coma.

Bed Hair !

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

RAFA B wrote: »
    Anyone know when season four starts? Read September and October.
    Last two years it was the first Sunday in November. So that's 3rd November this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Tommy know or was it only Darren who knew?

I think Tommy does know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Hate to say it but its pretty obvious what happens in series 4, and judging by the picture with Fran staring at nidge behind his back with an evil stare, I wouldn't be far off!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement