Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Fran for leader, Fran for leader!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Yay. First proper use of the blue hoodie!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Where can I pick up the blu-ray set of the previous seasons? I see some dvd sets but no luck with tracking down a blu-ray set.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

jester77 wrote: »
    Where can I pick up the blu-ray set of the previous seasons? I see some dvd sets but no luck with tracking down a blu-ray set.

Hasn't been released on Blu, these repeats are first time they've been shown in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Goolay wrote: »
    Hasn't been released on Blu, these repeats are first time they've been shown in HD.

ah right, that would explain it. Strange decision not to only release a DVD version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

Hey people we have news on Season 4!
    DETAILS OF THE upcoming fourth season of Love/Hate have been revealed!

With RTÉ’s launch of its autumn schedule today came some information on exactly what Nidge and the gang will be getting up to in the new series.

Small-time spoilers ahead – including info on the major new character.

It will begin with business as usual for Nidge’s (small) criminal empire, trying to survive as the continuing recession in Ireland crimps their opportunities.

But wait! As the series kicks off, Nidge sees a chance for a big score in a brothel client who’s fallen way behind on his payments.

He plans to force the client to help him bring a large shipment of drugs into Ireland. But it’s not going to be easy… thanks to this guy.
    us-ireland-alliance-pre-oscar-party-santa-monica-3-349x500.jpg

Meet Detective Inspector Mick Moynihan. Or to be more precise Brían F O’Byrne, who plays Detective Inspector Mick Moynihan.

Moynihan is the leader of a crack squad of undercover gardaí. Nidge’s antics over the course of season three have caught their attention, and they’re determined to bring him down.

They’re a cut above the cops we’ve seen before – using what press materials call “complex surveillance, mind games and dirty tricks” – in the cat-and-mouse game with the gang.

Meanwhile, we’re told, Nidge grows increasingly paranoid. We’re guessing this will involve a lot of worrying about his receding hairline.

Meanwhile, the cast have hinted that there could be more deaths among the major characters. Speaking at today’s launch, Dano (aka Jason Barry) said:
    Every time you get a script, it’s terrifying. It’s like, my number’s up. The best part of Stuart’s [writer Stuart Carolan's] writing as well is that you never know who’s going to go

Meanwhile Fran the Man, known in real life as Peter Coonan, said the new series has “kind of a different tone”.
    Every character has plotlines going in different trajectories. Once again I think it’s a towering script.

source : http://www.dailyedge.ie/heres-what-happens-in-the-new-season-of-lovehate-1028379-Aug2013/

I just heard on Marian Finucane on RTE1 radio this morning that the smaller characters from Season 1 and 2 (Aido/Elmo/Potsy/Debbie?) have their own plotlines in season 4.

In my opinion I think Nidge is gonna get brought down this season. I think there's a bit of foreshadowing in the photo's released to the public. Consider this picture from the advertisement campaign for season 3:
    Love-Hate-Series-3.jpg
    Notice all the characters are standing side by side... allies.

Now look at this new season 4 image:
    1186222_705848262764970_751648409_n.jpg
    Fran is behind Nidge, not beside him like Tommy. He looks pissed off. I think there'll be a showdown in season 4 between these two. And Tommy also has reason to want Nidge dead obviously. It also seems like Dano is back for season 4. So it doesn't look good for Nidge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Bed Hair !

It's a wig to cover the scars, dangerous game golf :eek:

Hope they keep the Nidge weasel in the new season, if he goes what will happen to the lovely Trishs screentime :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

First footage of season 4 :

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Stiltzkin wrote: »
    First footage of season 4 :

Now I know what Richard did. No point in watching the movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Like everyone I'm really looking forward to Season 4. I read on Robert Sheehans website page that he was definitely finished with the show as we all saw him being shot at the end of Season 3.

But rumour has it he was seen filming around Templeogue for Love/Hate during the Summer, has anyone any further information on this. :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Like everyone I'm really looking forward to Season 4. I read on Robert Sheehans website page that he was definitely finished with the show as we all saw him being shot at the end of Season 3.

But rumour has it he was seen filming around Templeogue for Love/Hate during the Summer, has anyone any further information on this. :confused::confused:

Flashbacks.

Watching the first series of Australian drama Underbelly at the moment. Despite Underbelly being based on true events and Love/Hate being fiction, there is an awful lot of similarities between the characters portrayed in each.

You have both the trashy/classy/bit of both type materialistic women that are attracted to the power of these ruthless violent psychopaths,

You have the Head the balls
    An example would be the guy who shoots Jason Moran is very similar in the way he is psychotic to Hughie's character in Love/hate

You have the dumb screw-up criminals who cant do anything right and corrupt cops

I felt you could draw alot of similarities between Darren's character and the portrayal of Andrew Veniamin (Benjy)

Just goes to show that Love/hate writers are not just writing Stereotypes, per-se, but real existing villains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Watching the first series of Australian drama Underbelly at the moment. Despite Underbelly being based on true events and Love/Hate being fiction, there is an awful lot of similarities between the characters portrayed in each.

You have both the trashy/classy/bit of both type materialistic women that are attracted to the power of these ruthless violent psychopaths,

You have the Head the balls
    An example would be the guy who shoots Jason Moran is very similar in the way he is psychotic to Hughie's character in Love/hate

You have the dumb screw-up criminals who cant do anything right and corrupt cops

I felt you could draw alot of similarities between Darren's character and the portrayal of Andrew Veniamin (Benjy)

Just goes to show that Love/hate writers are not just writing Stereotypes, per-se, but real existing villains.

Underbelly a great show with plenty of seasons to keep you going. Back on thread roll on Season 4 :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Templeogue... not a very scummy area to be filming in :D

Underbelly & great show with plenty of seasons to keep you going. Back on thread roll on Season 4 :D

I wasn't taking it off thread if you had actually read my post. I was discussing the similarities between the characters of the 2 shows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I wasn't taking it off thread if you had actually read my post. I was discussing the similarities between the characters of the 2 shows

I know you weren't I was talking to myself in that post :p

I know you weren't I was talking to myself in that post :p

Ya absolute mad man :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Caonima wrote: »
    Templeogue... not a very scummy area to be filming in :D

Sorry double checked that and it's actually Clontarf not Templeogue :pac:

So nobody knows what's happening basically. Yeah I can understand Flashbacks but if he has left the show, why are you filming for Series 4, surely then you'd just be IN Series 4 and not dead, if you see what I mean. Anyway very confusing : :confused:
    Here's the link here to where I read the report

http://www.dailyedge.ie/lovehate-darren-season-4-838132-Mar2013/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I heard a snap shot on breakfast newstalk that the return of season 4 actual date has been confirmed, didnt hear the actual date though :(

Anybody hear the full piece?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

bazermc wrote: »
    I heard a snap shot on breakfast newstalk that the return of season 4 actual date has been confirmed, didnt hear the actual date though :(

Anybody hear the full piece?

Yep 6th October, 3 weeks time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

Yes i heard the Hector fella saying earlier on his show that it was back October 6th. He said it was going to be concentrating on the detectives who try to stop characters like Nidge etc in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

The Irish Independent has learnt however, that the national broadcaster is planning to kick off the fourth season of Stuart Carolan's hit series in just three weeks' time.

RTE did not respond when contacted by this newspaper last night for a comment.

Irish Independent
    According to rumours reported by the Irish Independent, the premiere of season 4 is only three weeks away, with an October 6th premiere being suggested.

....it’s very possible RTE will be looking to fill the gap left behind by Breaking Bad following that show’s final episode on the 30th September.

Newstalk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

brian_t wrote: »
    Newstalk

According to rumours reported by the Irish Independent, the premiere of season 4 is only three weeks away, with an October 6th premiere being suggested.

....it’s very possible RTE will be looking to fill the gap left behind by Breaking Bad following that show’s final episode on the 30th September.

I wonder what the end of Breaking Bad has to do with RTE's Sunday night schedule.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Frano is looking a bit dishelved in that pic, wonder what it indicates. It seems like nidge is gonna get some come uppance, cant wait for the new season to start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Rte are brain dead, does anyone have any sense working there, to have the cop on not too put up a load of spoilers on late late ad breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Rte are brain dead, does anyone have any sense working there, to have the cop on not too put up a load of spoilers on late late ad breaks.

Is it not normal to run ads leading up to the start of a new series?
    Surely the Love/Hate people approved them and they are not spoilers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Is it not normal to run ads leading up to the start of a new series?
    Surely the Love/Hate people approved them and they are not spoilers

Sorry but everybody on the late late is commenting that they are giving away too much with the ads, so yes they are spoilers.

They show people in the ad I didn't know where coming back, but would have been exciting seen them, but now I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Sorry but everybody on the late late is commenting that they are giving away too much with the ads, so yes they are spoilers.

They show people in the ad I didn't know where coming back, but would have been exciting seen them, but now I know.

Before the LLS started it was announced that anyone following L/H might need to take tea breaks as spoilers were going to be shown. I don't know if the spoilers are giving away too much or if maybe season is going to be a lot more fast moving with more plots.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement