Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Is overseas different? L/H was on the player last year (but I'm in Ireland)

Stuff like Love/Hate can only be shown to people in Ireland due to rights restrictions I think.

A lot of programming isn't available outside of Ireland I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

EyeSight wrote: »
    i don't think so. Only the top men in the show are well off, the rest seem broke. The top men also turn into paranoid freaks and die
    Maybe you should watch season 3, does Nidge ever look happy/relaxed?

Of course gangland life has some fun, riches and sex. Otherwise nobody would do it. Don't need a tv show to tell us that

Please take your morale crap away from the thread

Are you actually for real? Some people clearly cant take a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

lala88 wrote: »
    Are you actually for real? Some people clearly cant take a joke

There was nothing in your post to indicate it was a joke! Not even an emoticon!

Believe it or not, a lot of people would post that in a serious way, i've heard old biddies on the radio saying similar crap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

EyeSight wrote: »
    There was nothing in your post to indicate it was a joke! Not even an emoticon!

Believe it or not, a lot of people would post that in a serious way, i've heard old biddies on the radio saying similar crap

Oh so for something to be a joke you have to use emoticons now do you? :rolleyes: Would my post after not tell you something?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Loughc wrote: »
    Just seen a billboard confirming it as October 6th.
    And just saw an ad during 'The Walking Dead' which confirmed October 6th also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

lala88 wrote: »
    Oh so for something to be a joke you have to use emoticons now do you? :rolleyes: Would my post after not tell you something?

now now ladies, less of the bickering and back to the thread topic:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Stuff like Love/Hate can only be shown to people in Ireland due to rights restrictions I think.

A lot of programming isn't available outside of Ireland I think.

Channel 5 have bought the UK TV rights of Love/Hate.

They wouldn't be very happy if RTE then made the programme available to UK viewers on the RTE player.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

anyone know if what the wait for it to be on the rte player will be?

with breaking bad finishing the week before it, i'm used to watching someone brilliant on a monday after work and hoping i can continie this with love/hate, but imagine there'll be some stupid wait.

penzo wrote: »

with breaking bad finishing the week before it, i'm used to watching someone brilliant on a monday after work and hoping i can continie this with love/hate, but imagine there'll be some stupid wait.

i think the last season was over 6 months before it was on rte player for overseas access at least.cannot understand why they dont have a pay per view.

I think it usually appears later on the Sunday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Normally just a few hours before a show goes up. A Sunday show will definitely be up by Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

How many episodes are scheduled for this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

DRose1 wrote: »

6 according to IMDB

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

6 apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

6 afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

6 afaik

Oops!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd say 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Thanks. Is it a case of good ratings = good revenue = another series next year? Or is it planned/rumoured to be the last season?

Thanks. Is it a case of good ratings = good revenue = another series next year? Or is it planned/rumoured to be the last season?

series five got the go ahead earlier in the year afaik.

lufties wrote: »
    series five got the go ahead earlier in the year afaik.
    RTE HAS commissioned a fifth series of 'Love/Hate' and is considering a spin-off of the award-winning programme.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/fifth-series-of-lovehate-gets-green-light-and-even-a-spinoff-in-the-works-29198190.html

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Some of the cast will be on the late late show tonight to talk about series 4.

Spoiler Warning there are some clips from the new series on the following link.

www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/0927/476749-love-hate-late-late/
    Six of the stars of Love/Hate will be among Ryan Tubridy's guests on The Late Late Show tonight on RTÉ One at 9:35pm.
    Peter Coonan (Fran), Aoibhinn McGinnity (Trish), Laurence Kinlan (Elmo), Jason Barry (Dano), Caoilfhionn Dunne (Lizzie) and Susan Loughnane (Debbie) will be talking about series four, which begins on RTÉ One on Sunday October 6 at 9:30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I'm not watching any clips or ads or anything else. Just gonna wait for the show and enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wish they could do more than 6 episodes over a season feels so short when it gets going

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wish they could do more than 6 episodes over a season feels so short when it gets going

I diasgree, that's what's keeping the writing so strong IMO, if there are more episodes, it'll lead to filler episodes, slower pace, pointless sub-plotlines.

Shorter well written series are the way to go. Some of the best work tv work is done in short series, Father Ted, The Office, IT Crowd, just to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Fawlty Towers would be another one.
    As the old saying goes... "leave them wanting more".

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Loughc wrote: »
    I diasgree, that's what's keeping the writing so strong IMO, if there are more episodes, it'll lead to filler episodes, slower pace, pointless sub-plotlines.

Shorter well written series are the way to go. Some of the best work tv work is done in short series, Father Ted, The Office, IT Crowd, just to name a few.

Agreed, even the best of the best fall victim to padding when stretched out too long. Reckon they dragged out Breaking Bad a bit, though its back to form now. Sopranos sagged in places too. 6 episodes keep it tight and lean.

.A show Love/Hate gets compared with a lot is Underbelly, which also suffers from padding. (i reckon Love/Hate is far better than Underbelly btw which is good going considering the Aussies prob have a bit more money to throw at it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I could have sworn i read somewhere, that it costs RTE 3Million to make the show, & it only gets 1M in DVD sales.

Also it was posted a while ago, but didnt hear the answer unless i missed it, as how is Distributed by ITV on the end of the shows on Ch5,Netflix+RTE, what's the deal with that?

I could have sworn i read somewhere, that it costs RTE 3Million to make the show, & it only gets 1M in DVD sales.

Also it was posted a while ago, but didnt hear the answer unless i missed it, as how is Distributed by ITV on the end of the shows on Ch5,Netflix+RTE, what's the deal with that?

I reckon even if it was the case of having spent €3m they will more than make that back. The show has been huge. They've made savage revenue on overseas sales and im sure they have seen a slice of the revenue which has bought considerable advertisement in. They would only be queuing up to have their ad aired between half 9 and half 10 of a Sunday night while 1m people tune in. A record for irish TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I know it was posted earlier in the thread but I can't find it, what is the music being played in the scene when Darren gets shot?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement