Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

I thought it was class. Cant wait for next week!

In fairness if they're going to commit to another couple of seasons they need to broaden the cast and story lines.

Also, they can't be going killing off characters left right and centre. cats and pigeons maybe!! Its only 6 episodes a series so they need to develop them a bit.

Still don't know why Nidge sold Darden to the RA when Tommy caused all the hassle with Dano's "me da" in S3. Would've been a smarter move me thinks!

Also, they should've put a blue hoodie and black jacket on the cat for the craic!

Dazzlers pipe bomb retaliation drew the IRA on them in the first place though you could also argue. But he didnt deserve to be sold out considering he saved Nidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Nidge shopped Darren cos he threw the petrol bomb at the pub over them capping ado

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

twincamman wrote: »
    Was there really a need to shoot a cat?

I assume it took less than 9 takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Ah yes I remember now. Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Preview of next weeks episode.....

Machine_gun_cat.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

bubblypop wrote: »
    brilliant episode, tbf, there isnt going to be someone shot/raped etc in every episode.
    very real life i thought.

loved tommo, now not so much.........!!!

can only hope if i ever meet him in the pub that there wont be girls all over him, i might get a look in!!:

but, in fairness, i think he is playing it brilliantly so far

I think the actor playing Tommo did a really excellent job - I reckon the gaurds will get their way in this series and why not - it's funny how you become sympathetic to the characters like the Godfather and the Sopranos but it's a subtler season opener than season 3 - still compelling though.

Darren petrol bombed the pub plus he killed mewans brother and that's why she shot him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

Thought it was a fantastic start to the series, The whole point of this series is for the guards to bring the gang down and now they have one locked up so the fun will start next week, It sets everything up nicely, You can't always have an opening episode like we had in series 3 all the time

I'm sure their were a couple of teenagers up and down the country watching the masterbation scenes with their parents cringing for it to stop and on top of that a dead cat to join the the corpses of the show

Great to have the show back, Roll on next Sunday the trailers look good for it

twincamman wrote: »
    Was there really a need to shoot a cat?

But they didnt really shoot a cat now lets be honest. I think personally it was a good vehicle. Shows how psychotic and unpredictable these people are that they are capable of any sort of stupidity such as using a machine gun at any time and that they have no regard for the innocent that get caught in the crossfire. It could have just as easily been a young child as a cat
    Of course clowns will miss the point of this and ring Joe tomorrow. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Luckily I watched it from the planner and had seen something on fb about a cat being shot. Looked away promptly when I saw those kids with the gun. POOR CAT!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Luckily I watched it from the planner and had seen something on fb about a cat being shot. Looked away promptly when I saw those kids with the gun. POOR CAT!! :(

Poor cat? sure cats are shíte, the less of them the better! I'd be more freaked if he killed a dog

The RA heads have the better weapons, Nidge and Co only have rubbish shotguns, they should put the few bob from the CIT job towards some flash automatic weaponry.

But say they did this and shoot up all the RA, sure you'd only have more RA coming out of the woodworm and more and more and more. As Nidge said 'Heavy duuuuuu'hy', 'Taking on a whole army'

nbar12 wrote: »
    Poor cat? sure cats are shíte, the less of them the better! I'd be more freaked if he killed a dog

Yep sure if he shot a person and left it there the Cat would be along to eat their face within an hour....FACT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Pretzill wrote: »
    it's funny how you become sympathetic to the characters

....find out where he lives....

/sympathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Jesus people need to get over the cat scene. I had forgotten about it straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

nbar12 wrote: »

Ah yeah, I'm way more into dogs myself but it's still an innocent animal. Instinctive reaction and all that.

But it is a good way of really capturing the sadistic and ruthless nature of the characters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I wish TVL would take lessons on how to portray internal depth of feeling, from Charlie Murphy, getting seriously fed up with his close-ups.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I wish TVL would take lessons on how to portray internal depth of feeling, from Charlie Murphy, getting seriously fed up with his close-ups.

Ohhh here we go.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

As i said a victim of its own success. The previous episodes have set a very high bar. We expect high drama to meet the high palpitation with each episode now.

Tonight was a slow burner to probably ease us back into things but its sort of unusual for L/H. Series 1 opened with Robbie getting shot, Series 2 with the introduction of Fran who went to try and feed Luke to the dogs, Series 3 you had the pipe bomb attack on Gits pub and Gits murder whereas tonight only a bleeeedin Cah got shot!!!! Baaaaaahhhhhhh

i thought the quality has stepped up a notch

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Fran punches a young girl and holds a family at gun point but people are going on a poor cat sweet jebus. People are crazy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Frans mask ha ha quality

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Fran punches a young girl and holds a family at gun point but people are going on a poor cat sweet jebus. People are crazy

The girl got a second chance but poor old Jess was fúcked man! Bit of perspective here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

The girl got a second chance but poor old Jess was fúcked man! Bit of perspective here :D

Sharpened his claws on yer mans sofa once too often.

What ye reckon is going to happen wit the dentit thing. is it just money?

Sharpened his claws on yer mans sofa once too often.

Some laugh if they put him/her on the slab beside Dazzler in the same pose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Ohhh here we go.....:rolleyes:

Sorry, forgot that it's against the law to have a criticism.:rolleyes:

I just think his default vacant stare is getting wearisome. Watch Murphy's face next time, streets ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

Could dentists legally bring in certain drugs? If so Nidge may have seen a nice opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Never heard anyone complaining when Darden knocked seven shades of $hit€ out of one of Frans dogs with a shovel in series 2.

come to think of it, no one complained either when the dogs started taking lumps out of Luke.

suppose we cant forget about Aidos budgie that died because the solicitor didn't pass the message on to Nadine. Sure he gave her the red card over it.

safe to say if your an animal, you don't want to be on love/hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Could dentists legally bring in certain drugs? If so Nidge may have seen a nice opportunity

Yep that's what I thought too. Your man said he supplied dentists so presumably he has access to lots of drugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Preview of next weeks episode.....

Great laugh out of that exclusive 'clip'

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement