Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

bubblypop wrote: »
    its gas how love hate showed people getting shot and killed left right and centre but i didnt see anyone complain about that.

but shoot a kitty cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

oh bad boys!!

Yeah, there was a discussion around the time of the "dog beating" or the "budgie killing" which basically came to the conclusion that if you want to shock an audience in a drama, do it through animal cruelty. Killing people doesn't do it any more and people get far more emotional over animal cruelty.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's not set in "real Dublin", so the locations of petrol stations and where cars are coming from, or apartments or car parks are nothing to be getting pedantic about, it's really rather sad.

It's fictional, set in fictional Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭8mv

NoClues wrote: »
    Ah here, I doubt any cat was really shot dead during filming?

Edit - I doubt any live rounds were ever actually fired on set during filming of any series of love/hate.

There was the usual disclaimer in the credits - "No animals were harmed during the filming..etc." Same as season 2 when the swan was "killed"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

8mv wrote: »
    There was the usual disclaimer in the credits - "No animals were harmed during the filming..etc." Same as season 2 when the swan was "killed"

It's gas that that's needed. Would anyone seriously think they're killing animals to make a TV show?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's not set in "real Dublin", so the locations of petrol stations and where cars are coming from, or apartments or car parks are nothing to be getting pedantic about, it's really rather sad.

It's fictional, set in fictional Dublin.

Exactly, they also never refer to any location by name either.

• Advertisement

Thought that it was a poor start to the new series.
    It's the Nidge / Fran show completely now - too unbalanced.
    Tommy the turnip is just a silhouette now. He was already a bit of a non-character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

glasso wrote: »
    Tommy the turnip is just a silhouette now. He was already a bit of a non-character.

I'd expect that Tommy recovering his memory will be one of the Arc's over the series.
    Imagine if he starts to remember that it was Nidge who clobbered him?

You forgot about the Provos and indeed any of the characters that were introduced/reintroduced this time round.
    Weren't in it much this episode but they are there and there will be some episodes where they are key players.

Thought it was a decent first episode. I was entertained anyway, which is the key aim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Thought it was quite good .

One thing I picked up on . The robbery in the garage was on Parnell Road and they showed the Garda coming from the north side for them when there's loads of Garda stations in the area .

No big deal I suppose .

It's a tv show.

Seriously ? He's going to be the trigger that blows the gang wide apart.

Nidge will be too loyal to Tommy, especially after what happened with Dazzler.

Fran has the right of it, Tommy is a liability and needs to disappear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

lufties wrote: »
    I wasn't impressed being honest but i reckon it'll set up the rest of the series nicely, season 3 opened a lot quicker so people expected last night's opener to be similar.
    The season opener on series three was incredible, but I personally didn’t like the first episode of season one, and not much happened in the season two opener either. I think series three episode one, was so good, that it was always going to be hard to trump that.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Enjoyed it. Only issue I have is Nidge deciding that it'd be a good idea to let, what's obviously an even slower in the brains department, Tommy have a leading role in an €800k Tiger kidnapping / robbery. I get that he's feeling guilty about Darren and what happened to Tommy to some degree and I get how Tommy getting pulled by the cops will probably lead to to the main story arcs for the season but it just felt a bit lazy on the writers part. Surely Nidge would know how badly damaged Tommy is, I mean going back to the house to check on the kid was a huge stretch, whatever about taking his bally off when they had them holed up on the ghost estate.

Decent episode other than that, sets things up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It was a decent first episode I thought. Thank god Darren is done. Painful to sit through his acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

was expecting nidge to have flashbacks when he seemed to be staring into the distance. anybody think tommy is putting this on,will turn state witness,has remembered what happened him and wants to get his own back on the gang?

Big Game wrote: »
    Enjoyed it. Only issue I have is Nidge deciding that it'd be a good idea to let, what's obviously an even slower in the brains department, Tommy have a leading role in an €800k Tiger kidnapping / robbery. I get that he's feeling guilty about Darren and what happened to Tommy to some degree and I get how Tommy getting pulled by the cops will probably lead to to the main story arcs for the season but it just felt a bit lazy on the writers part. Surely Nidge would know how badly damaged Tommy is, I mean going back to the house to check on the kid was a huge stretch, whatever about taking his bally off when they had them holed up on the ghost estate.

Decent episode other than that, sets things up nicely.

I agree. I guess it may have been down to Nidge being desperate. Having nobody else for the job and being forced to go with Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

walshb wrote: »
    I agree. I guess it may have been down to Nidge being desperate. Having nobody else for the job and being forced to go with Tommy.

Would have been better off using Aido's 'burd'! (Not the budgie)

anybody think tommy is putting this on,will turn state witness,has remembered what happened him and wants to get his own back on the gang?

If that is the way it goes, it will be hard to believe, because Tommy isn't that smart, even before the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

If that is the way it goes, it will be hard to believe, because Tommy isn't that smart, even before the attack.

I don't think tommy will plan to being down the gang. If he does it will be accidental. Tommy being the catalyst that will set off the chain of events that compromise the gang.
    But Siobhan is a different story . But I think she might be too much of a realist to take on nidge . But if she feels her back is to the wall . . . who knows? Also I reckon cops know 'twas nidge not the Nigerians that did tommy in. If Siobhan knew that ..

Fair play to love/hate for showing stark reality of acquired brain injury.

The women could have a more involved role this series .

The brothel madam and nidge could be a powerful alliance. She definitely has a thing for nidge. Also poor nidge being sad they all the brassers were scared of him :)

Lisha wrote: »
    Also I reckon cops know 'twas nidge not the Nigerians that did tommy in. If Siobhan knew that

the cop pretty much told her last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

great stuff last night....a lot to be said for keeping the plot under wraps and having to wait a week for the next one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I notice Nidge named his son John. So he's called John Delaney!

Perhaps that's why he's so pissed off.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

the cop pretty much told her last night.

How do the cops know? The only people involved were Nidge, Dazzler, Fran and Tommy right?

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    How do the cops know? The only people involved were Nidge, Dazzler, Fran and Tommy right?

They probably don't know for certain but are putting 2 and 2 together from whatever information they have on the gang.

Ciaran_B wrote: »

because they aren't idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I reckon any Darren flashbacks will be in the form of Tommy regaining his memory.

because they aren't idiots.

So it's definitely not reality tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

prospect wrote: »
    I reckon any Darren flashbacks will be in the form of Tommy regaining his memory.

how do you know there will be darren flashbacks? he was in it at the start of last nights episode.

Hold on. Is Darren dead or not? Was it Darren's grave that Nidge drove to?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

siobhan might be though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yes, the geography of the city makes no sense. It didn't make sense in any of the seasons. They chose locations that look good and don't worry about the fact that you can't turn left from that street on to that street or that place is actually over by that place and not beside this place. Every TV show does this, we don't normally notice because we don't normally live in the place where the TV shows we watch are. Can we let that go now please? :)

Also - the cat getting shot? If anyone thinks they actually shot a cat for that scene then Tommy isn't the only one suffering brain damage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement