Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Can see nidges son getting killed at the end by accident obviously, my money is on the young fella doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Can see nidges son getting killed at the end by accident obviously, my money is on the young fella doing it.

maybe the whole family get whacked

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

What was nidges son getting kitted out for?

Did anyone notice in the scene when Nidge was being driven to meet the cop, he told the driver to turn right at one stage but he turned left?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 43,889 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am guessing he's communion age..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Cd_doe wrote: »
    I think the c word may have been used in series 3 when nidge tells Donna he will throw acid in her face...

I could be open to correction tho

Still I think the show is too PC if you look at british gangster films they use the C word in just about every sentence.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Am guessing he's communion age..

If correct that would give us a May/June time frame as to where the show is at?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

lufties wrote: »
    how do you know there will be darren flashbacks? he was in it at the start of last nights episode.

I don't, I'm just guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Jumboman wrote: »
    Still I think the show is too PC if you look at british gangster films they use the C word in just about every sentence.

Who cares if they don't say c*nt enough?

I'd hardly call that being 'too PC'. They just shot a cat on screen. They're hardly family friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

anybody think tommy is putting this on,will turn state witness,has remembered what happened him and wants to get his own back on the gang?

Why would he get himself arrested to do that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

yea i think theres always been about a 6 month marigin between viewers and the show- because 1st episode of last season was paddys weekend when it was on in September.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Who cares if they don't say c*nt enough?

I'd hardly call that being 'too PC'. They just shot a cat on screen. They're hardly family friendly.

I care because its not realistic. You hear people on the street cursing more than the "gangsters" in the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

i havent seen last nights episode but i have this nagging feeling love hate will be OTT more so this year and they will ruin it

if that preseason4 teaser with fran in the station was anything to go by it was so cringe worthy

if they keep bringing in people every season i think i will lose interest sooner or later shows that have a revolving cast get just as tired as-well

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Ciaran_B wrote:
    How do the cops know? The only people involved were Nidge, Dazzler, Fran and Tommy right?
    because they aren't idiots.

was there another guy there when Nidge bashed Tommy's head in, the fella Fran was showing the finger bone to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

There was a date shown at some stage, think it was when the guard was writing up his report, it was late April. If Git was killed on Patrick's Day, I would assume Darren has been dead almost a year? That would be backed up by the length of Lizzie's hair etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

nm wrote: »

true. that's my plot line shot down within 2 replies!!
    or maybe the guards will turn them now he has been arrested.tommy might not remember and siobhan will reveal what tommy had been doing within the gang.then tommys memory will jog as the season goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

nm wrote: »

He wouldn't.

He's brain damaged. He wasn't the brightest even before the beating and he's certainly not master minding some long-game revenge on Nidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Cd_doe wrote: »
    I think the c word may have been used in series 3 when nidge tells Donna he will throw acid in her face...

I could be open to correction tho

I think 'Geebag' was the expression he used. ;)

Actually sorry, that was when Fran cut her hair off, carry on!

was expecting nidge to have flashbacks when he seemed to be staring into the distance. anybody think tommy is putting this on,will turn state witness,has remembered what happened him and wants to get his own back on the gang?

I think its more Siobhan that will be the witness with Tommy being the exhibit if you like. Siobhan hates Nidge and definately knows something. Did Dazzler ring her a while before he was shot I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

I think its more Siobhan that will be the witness with Tommy being the exhibit if you like. Siobhan hates Nidge and definately knows something. Did Dazzler ring her?

She's related to Nidge though, she calls him her Uncle although I think that he was actually cousins with one of her parents or something like that.

brian_t wrote: »
    Couple of things about the Tiger Kidnapping.

The mother and 2 girls didn't appear to as traumatised during the kidnapping as I thought they should be.

Also with the type of hoods they wore especially Frans Mask, would they and particularly Fran not have been spitting large quantities of DNA over the 3 females.

I reckon they could have been in the loop somewhat. They knew in advance it was going to happen. They had no control to stop it and the safest option was probably to go along with it

• Advertisement

Big Game wrote: »
    She's related to Nidge though, she calls him her Uncle although I think that he was actually cousins with one of her parents or something like that.

No he is actually her uncle alright. Its Elmo and Aido your thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Lisha wrote: »
    I don't think tommy will plan to being down the gang. If he does it will be accidental. Tommy being the catalyst that will set off the chain of events that compromise the gang.
    But Siobhan is a different story . But I think she might be too much of a realist to take on nidge . But if she feels her back is to the wall . . . who knows? Also I reckon cops know 'twas nidge not the Nigerians that did tommy in. If Siobhan knew that ..

Fair play to love/hate for showing stark reality of acquired brain injury.

The women could have a more involved role this series .

The brothel madam and nidge could be a powerful alliance. She definitely has a thing for nidge. Also poor nidge being sad they all the brassers were scared of him :)

siobhan's character is well acted, but she's been bawling for 7 episodes now, i really hope this won't continue, getting tired of looking at her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

getting tired of looking at her.

Getting tired of looking at Charlie Murphy?

I don't even...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

siobhan's character is well acted, but she's been bawling for 7 episodes now, i really hope this won't continue, getting tired of looking at her.

Sure even Tommy is sick of her, resorting to having a hand shandy instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Did anyone notice in the scene when Nidge was being driven to meet the cop, he told the driver to turn right at one stage but he turned left?

Or did he say "Turn left here, right" :confused:

dfbemt wrote: »
    Or did he say "Turn left here, right" :confused:

Maybe, I'd have to watch it again to be sure though.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Sure even Tommy is sick of her, resorting to having a hand shandy instead

I reckon that's at least partly down to her not wanting to have the ride after getting raped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

CATGATE continues
    07/10/2013 - 14:07:49
    Animal rights group calls for public to boycott Love/Hate
    An animal rights charity is urging the public to boycott Love/Hate, after the opening scene saw a cat being shot to death.
    The Animal Rights Action Network said the scene does "irreparable damage to their work of curbing violent crimes towards animals".
    The scene showed two young teenagers shooting a cat to death with a gun, and then laughing.
    ARAN said it is "incensed and angered" and say that whilst they are aware the cat was not actually killed, it comes at a time of record reports of violence towards animals around the country.
    Already the group says it has been fielding dozens of complaints from viewers.
    "Violence towards animals is on the rise in Ireland and this violent and disgusting scene in Love Hate does huge damage to our work of creating kindness towards animals on the streets" said ARAN Director John Carmody. "We’re encouraging people to switch channels next time the programme airs".

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/gbausnmhqlsn/

Oh do feck off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

you've obviously never been raped

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement