Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

CATGATE continues
    07/10/2013 - 14:07:49
    Animal rights group calls for public to boycott Love/Hate

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/gbausnmhqlsn/

I woke up with the urge to shoot cats this morning. I blame the telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Jumboman wrote: »
    I care because its not realistic. You hear people on the street cursing more than the "gangsters" in the show.

It's television. Most TV stations will have a restriction on the amount of times they'll let characters say c*nt.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Don't be telling me her real name is Aimee and she went to Mount Anville?

No the actress is actually from D10.... she's as Dub as they come

The_Mask wrote: »
    No the actress is actually from D10.... she's as Dub as they come

She's a great actress too. I've seen her on stage a good few times. Really solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    She's a great actress too. I've seen her on stage a good few times. Really solid.

Her two real life brothers were Danos two IRA heavies in the last series.

• Advertisement

The_Mask wrote: »
    Her two real life brothers were Danos two IRA heavies in the last series.

Didn't know they were related. One of them is a stand-up comedian too. Patser.

Were there any birds flying overby to depict the scene?

I can imagine a few pigeons who the Cat was terrorising were probably flying around laughing in the way pigeons laugh, although perhaps they have a revenge hit up their sleeves too on Dano.

It could end up like that Hitchcock film yet. The War of attrition where the last member of the animal kingdom left standing wins :D

Did Aido mention his parrot clocked it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

the end with johnny cash song was well done.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Didn't know they were related. One of them is a stand-up comedian too. Patser.

Both Paddy and Ray are real life brothers i believe but i dont think Lizzie is their real life sister. Actually the family dynamic with Lizzie and their ma worked really well

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Disappointing I thought. Many previous comments echo the incoherence of the plot and trying to get to grips with what was going on in the beginning.

Also, yer wan who shot Darren last season going on to Dano about how it's impossible to get a shot off at nidge but twice in one episode there he's sitting alone in his car staring a Darren's grave.... bang!

Misuse of a Johhny Cash song at the end. Johnny Cash always gets wheeled out on those occasions, it's a bit lazy. That last scene did nothing for me. Camera on Siobhan looking upset. Camera on Tommy sleeping. Back to Siobhan looking upset. Back to Tommy sleeping. Siobhan looking upset. Tommy sleeping... ALRIGHT ALREADY I GET IT!!

Acting by kidnapped family was also questionable at best.

And if Nidge's "something" that he is suddenly on to extortion then that's a bit embarrassing. I mean, there's probably plenty of well to do businessmen making use of Nidge's "facilities" and this never dawned on him before?

• Advertisement

All these assumptions that Tommy loves Fanta.....he could just as easily be partial to a bit of Country Spring or Finches.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

All these assumptions that Tommy loves Fanta.....he could just as easily be partial to a bit of Country Spring or Finches.

Cadet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Getting tired of looking at Charlie Murphy?

I don't even...

Yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Clever mis-direction on the part of the script writers:
    Tommy is not brain damaged at all. Curiously enough, the blows he took to the head actually improved his reasoning significantly, it's rare but it does happen.

So, Tommy is planning to take over from Nidge (he knows it was Nidge put him in hospital) but he is pretending to be badly affected to lull the gang into thinking he's harmless.

The only one who has a vague feeling that something is amiss is Fran. You could see that by his reaction when Tommy didn't flinch when Fran came over all macho with him.

Tommy's weakness is the fair sex. Look at the gentle way he treated the young girl in the tiger kidnapping.

He will never hurt a woman, in fact he will defend them as was seen when he made mincemeat of the RA leader Git (or Gih in the proper Dub way of saying the name).

;)

you've obviously never been raped

Oh FFS, Its down to how its written, Do we really have to sit through another series of her crying and looking sad, the writers should've spared her some misfortune this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,658 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone else having problems watching this on RTE Player from a Computer? Stopped at the 7 minute mark and now can't get it going again. Keep getting this error:
    The F4M document contains errors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

callaway92 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems watching this on RTE Player from a Computer? Stopped at the 7 minute mark and now can't get it going again. Keep getting this error:

RTE Player is a load of shyte - use Aertv - doesn't crash half as much

• Registered Users Posts: 14,658 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

RTE Player is a load of shyte - use Aertv - doesn't crash half as much

Can I watch it on AerTV right now or is it only whatever is on live that you can stream.

If I can't watch it now (which clearly is what I want) can you please go away with bs replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 northofwestend

Never really got into Love / Hate before but because of all the hype I decided to give it a go last night.
    Seriously what is all the fuss?? ...the script is woefully blunt and basic, the viewer has to do zero thinking, everything is so linear. It is like The Wire for slow learners. Apart from two or three of the lead roles the acting is way below what I was expecting, it is very local amateur drama society level.

Never really got into Love / Hate before but because of all the hype I decided to give it a go last night.
    Seriously what is all the fuss?? ...the script is woefully blunt and basic, the viewer has to do zero thinking, everything is so linear. It is like The Wire for slow learners. Apart from two or three of the lead roles the acting is way below what I was expecting, it is very local amateur drama society level.

I thought last night's episode was shockingly bad, check out the previous series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

You know nothing Jon Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lufties wrote: »
    Oh FFS, Its down to how its written, Do we really have to sit through another series of her crying and looking sad, the writers should've spared her some misfortune this time around.
    she was raped, witnessed a murder and her partner is brain damaged...she's hardly going to be cracking jokes every few mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I was not impressed either, but am far from giving up on this show.
    The first episode from last series set the bar very high and was always going to be a hard one to follow.
    But the scene is set nicely for the rest of the series. Determined cop out to get Nidge. The firm are out to get Nidge. Tommy and Siobhan....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

CATGATE continues
    07/10/2013 - 14:07:49
    Animal rights group calls for public to boycott Love/Hate

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/gbausnmhqlsn/
    Animal Rights Action Network Director John Carmody says "We’re encouraging people to switch channels next time the programme airs".

I'm confused, he's not very clear.
    Does he want switch to RTE1 or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

Hitchens wrote: »
    Clever mis-direction on the part of the script writers:
    Tommy is not brain damaged at all. Curiously enough, the blows he took to the head actually improved his reasoning significantly, it's rare but it does happen.

So, Tommy is planning to take over from Nidge (he knows it was Nidge put him in hospital) but he is pretending to be badly affected to lull the gang into thinking he's harmless.

The only one who has a vague feeling that something is amiss is Fran. You could see that by his reaction when Tommy didn't flinch when Fran came over all macho with him.

Tommy's weakness is the fair sex. Look at the gentle way he treated the young girl in the tiger kidnapping.

He will never hurt a woman, in fact he will defend them as was seen when he made mincemeat of the RA leader Git (or Gih in the proper Dub way of saying the name).

;)

I'd be pretty happy if that turned out to be the case and would make sense why he didn't show weakness to nidge directly and continued jerking off when siobhan saw him to try and make sure the point that "he's not all there" got across. He'd make a good "hero" in the end as he's probably the last somewhat morally balanced character left on the show.

Though it's probably more directing or scripting inconsistencies sadly. The blood out his ear would point very strongly to serious repercussions from the trauma. Unless he planted it there :rolleyes:

I agree, it won't stand up to much scrutiny. I see it like greasy fish and chips - I know it's rubbish, but I still enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thought last nights episode was a bit slow TBH, but then season 1 and 2 started off like this as well so hopefully things will liven up a bit from next week on.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

I woke up with the urge to shoot cats this morning. I blame the telly.

I wouldn't underestimate how impressionable kids are. Showing animal violence as fun and without consequence for something up to 1 million people are watching will give a lot of people concerns. Especially on the run up to Halloween where its already a serious problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,939 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Kids shouldn't be watching the show so if it happens it's on the parents not Love/Hate.

• Advertisement

SmurfX wrote: »
    I wouldn't underestimate how impressionable kids are. Showing animal violence as fun and without consequence for something up to 1 million people are watching will give a lot of people concerns. Especially on the run up to Halloween where its already a serious problem.

This wasn't a kids' TV show, but I take your point, maybe they could have made it clearer that the scene was intended to depict the lad as an utter scumbag...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement