Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

I really don't know why everyone is complaining about, A whole series is not one episode it's over 6 and the first episode has set everything up to blow everything wide open, Everyone knew this series was all about the guards trying to bring down the gang, So it will be a little slower to get going, It is going to pick up, Guards houses been watched, Nidge's family been watched, Tommy locked up, Siobhan will protect Tommy over her uncle Nidge.

Nidge has seen another opportunity to expand with the help of the dental supplier, Everything is set up nicely for the next 5 episodes, A few parts may seem far fetched but that's television, I remember watching the wire and thinking the fake serial killer storyline was a bit far fetched but I still watched because it was enjoyable.

Looking forward to the next 5 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

callaway92 wrote: »
    Can I watch it on AerTV right now or is it only whatever is on live that you can stream.

If I can't watch it now (which clearly is what I want) can you please go away with bs replies.

You try to give someone helpful advice and all you get is abuse - thanks very much.

How was i to know the problem didn't happen when you were watching it live last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

All these assumptions that Tommy loves Fanta.....he could just as easily be partial to a bit of Country Spring or Finches.

Very true, I was thinking if I were Tommy, and yer man turned up with a can of Fanta, well, well, I dunno, I'd likely box him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

callaway92 wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems watching this on RTE Player from a Computer? Stopped at the 7 minute mark and now can't get it going again. Keep getting this error:

Yeah me too.
    Whats the story :confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Thought last nights episode was a bit slow TBH, but then season 1 and 2 started off like this as well so hopefully things will liven up a bit from next week on.

I thought last night's episode was excellent but it has a different feel to last season mainly because Darren is no longer there. The show was centred around Darren's conscience and his situation for a lot of the first 3 series. However, Nidge (who is my favourite character) emerged as the most famous and loved character so season 4 will I'm sure mainly focus on him. Fran is an excellent character too.

A whole lot of new characters are introduced and you do need to watch these and how they progress. Early episodes of each season set up the background and the tension and action will go from strength to strength once we know each character's situation. We will have a lot of good Nidge v CIRA material over the coming weeks.

With the addition of a cop playing a major role, Love/Hate season 4 drifts into Miami Vice, etc. territory focused on cops v drug dealers. The detective will be determined to take Nidge's gang and Dano's CIRA down, and I'm pretty sure Siobhan and Tommy could do a lot of harm to Nidge here!

Thus far, series 3 was the most violent and that kicked off immediately in the first episode with the rape by and violent killing of Git. Season 4 indeed started off with an introduce the characters and set things up for the future type of episode very much like series 1 and 2.

Clearly from the trailer clips I have seen, we are going to see an assassination attempt on Nidge, then Nidge going into hiding (with a sword), Fran being questioned by the gardai and making a laugh of it, and all the usual betrayals we have come to expect. Another major issue is that of Nidge's involvement (reluctantly) in throwing a pipe bomb at Fran's house on the order of John Boy, wounding his girlfriend (who later committed suicide): will this be revealed and cause a war between current allies Nidge and Fran?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Another thing that you see in Love/Hate is that many of the characters have a soft side. For example:

-We see Git, the violent IRA man, tending to his racing pigeons and then minutes later, he is involved in a violent rape.
    -Ado likewise has a soft spot for fish and caged birds.
    -Both Darren and Tommy have a soft spot for their girlfriends.
    -Nidge wants to shield his family at all costs from repercussions from his activities.
    -even Dano, arguably the most violent character to date in the show, wants to comfort his mother and obviously has great respect for his father.

It will be interesting to see how the good and the bad side of the various characters pan out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Tommy like a cabbage going back to the house to ask the girl he kidnapped is she ok...That is a stupid story.
    And then he is chocking the chicken on his sofa and his woman comes in and catches him.And he keeps going..WTF...
    As for the kid shooting cats ffs anybody could have reported him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I think love/hate do the animal cruelty angle for extra publicity, the 1st time was with the dogs then the swan after that the pigeons and now the poor cat gets its.

Its all over the internet about the cat getting shot.

Tbh I thought the whole tiger kidnapping thing was badly done.

Don't these things be done at night intruders enter the house in darkness, why bring them out the backdoor at gunpoint only to end up out the front of the house? then they take off the masks once they're out the front and Nidge parked outside waiting:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Tommy like a cabbage going back to the house to ask the girl he kidnapped is she ok...That is a stupid story.
    And then he is chocking the chicken on his sofa and his woman comes in and catches him.And he keeps going..WTF...
    I think this is the angle they are going with, hypersexuality caused by brain injury. its a real phenomenon http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1028946/

• Advertisement

If I was a security van man I would give them the cash.It was not his own money.So why care..Save the family.Doh

Still Nidge saying the plate in his head made his head bullet proof was funny.

Oh do feck off.

Yeah they really sicken my shít this crowd :mad: Do they not realise Art mainly depicts life more often then life depicts art? Up there in their ivory tower unaware that animal cruelty has occurred long before Stuart Carolan took a pen in his hand for the first time.

When they actually head off for themselves and actually get research, stats and data to show a correlation between the animal cruelty on love/hate and an increase in real life instances, then i might actually listen to their whining. Until then we'll just have to put up with the droning noise coming from their arses.

I am a big fan of Love/hate and i absolutely hate animal cruelty in any shape or form. Perhaps these numbskulls could see the other perspective that this show is actually making people aware of the ill treatment that animals receive from these and other head cases rather then have a whingefest about depicting something that occurs in the real world where the rest of us reside

I think people are joking about animal cruelty.I hope they are. :D
    The love between the guy with the budgie bird and Fran's love of his dogs shows
    real love for animals.And Nidge loves his kids too.Showing another layer to his persona.
    I would think if anybody goes out to strangle a swan after watching the show they were already mad enough to do it anyhow.

EDIT just saw previous pages and people are actually thinking love hate makes people kill animals with machine guns.

SmurfX wrote: »
    I wouldn't underestimate how impressionable kids are. Showing animal violence as fun and without consequence for something up to 1 million people are watching will give a lot of people concerns. Especially on the run up to Halloween where its already a serious problem.

Oh god you are serious.:eek:
    Just seen this.:rolleyes:People are not going to kill animals because of Love hate.C'mon playing GTA here and I have not ran out of my home to rob a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

it may have gone slightly over your head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Understatement of the year award goes to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

I think people are joking about animal cruelty.I hope they are. :D
    The love between the guy with the budgie bird and Fran's love of his dogs shows
    real love for animals.And Nidge loves his kids too.Showing another layer to his persona.
    I would think if anybody goes out to strangle a swan after watching the show they were already mad enough to do it anyhow.

EDIT just saw previous pages and people are actually thinking love hate makes people kill animals with machine guns.

Fairly standard motif. The Sopranos is full of it - Tony relates better to his ducks/ Ralph's racehorse/ Adriana's dog etc than he does to humans.

Oh god you are serious.:eek:
    Just seen this.:rolleyes:People are not going to kill animals because of Love hate.C'mon playing GTA here and I have not ran out of my home to rob a car.

Exactly. The majority of decent respectable people would be absolutely disgusted if they witnessed animal cruelty in the fashion it was portrayed in last night.

No tv show or film can be held accountable the acts of violent scum but of course the age we live in no one wants to hold their hand up and admit that they are a bad parent/person, etc; so its a case of shifting the blame and pulling the wool over certain people that they seen it on tv, etc.

So now we can see why the tabloids went nuts last February or so with the 'exclusive' news that Darren would be returning to Love/Hate Season 4; a 10 second scene of his bloodied corpse being tended to by a nurse! I haven't felt this disappointed since Bruno advertised his exclusive interview with Harrison Ford :D

Goes back to the image of Italian mobsters being all nice and loving to their kids then going out and whacking a guy in Las Vegas desert.

I know he is brain damaged but who would bring a cabbage on a robbery.I mean how can he even drive a car in this state.And how can he give evidence against Nidge when he is not of sound mind.??

Also Nidge walks into the garage to talk to the security man before jumping out to rob it.I am sure the cops would see him and the security van man on video camera.Putting him at the scene of the crime and talking to the van driver.Very sloppy Nidge.

• Advertisement

Love-Hate-Series-3-Charlie-Murphy-as-Siobhan-1.jpg

Who would rather spank the monkey with this waiting in the next room.Tommy must be mad.

Who would rather spank the monkey with this waiting in the next room.Tommy must be mad.

She is probably not putting out for him so he has to get his kicks from somewhere ala Pat Mustard in Father Ted. :D

I notice Dano was on the coffee/tea last night. He really means business about getting Nidge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

To be fair Tommy has been there and done it, If you have a 5 star meal 6 days a week you can get tired of it and sometimes on the 7th you fancy a fizzy orange

stankratz wrote: »
    So now we can see why the tabloids went nuts last February or so with the 'exclusive' news that Darren would be returning to Love/Hate Season 4; a 10 second scene of his bloodied corpse being tended to by a nurse! I haven't felt this disappointed since Bruno advertised his exclusive interview with Harrison Ford :D

You didnt seriously think he was going to survive that did you? :D

Its a story about gangland not Terminator we're watching

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Alright the cat.
    Shot one - we see a cat
    Shot two - we see a cat reacting very well to a low electrical charge exploding the tomato ketchup sachet on its neck. Flick your own cats tail when its not looking tonight to get a similar reaction.
    Shot three - we see a sleeping / dead "cat" with paint on (could even be a lookalike roadkill) on the street.

This is how people have been murdered in movies since Chaplin was a lad.

Your imaginations did the rest. RIP to all real cats gunned down by juvenile tearaways with access to MAC-10s or similar tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Just out of interest does anyone know what gun was used to shoot the cat ? Some people on the radio were saying it was an AK47 but its definitely not an Ak47 it looked a lot more high tech than an AK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Jumboman wrote: »
    Just out of interest does anyone what gun was used to shoot the cat ? Some people on the radio were saying it was an AK47 but its definitely not an Ak47 it looked a lot more high tech than an AK.

Looked a bit like this..

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/05/smith-wesson-mp15-22p-semi-automatic-pistol/smith-wesson-mp15-22p-semi-automatic-pistol/#axzz2h3iuahxi

3 for 1 in Tescos come Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It's an MP5k sub machine gun.

DiW9pxn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

GrumPy wrote: »
    It's an MP5k sub machine gun.

DiW9pxn.jpg

Was the clip that long and curved?? Don't think it was?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement