Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

We all know Nidge is on the the hit list, He will not miss his kids communion, So I have the feeling that's were they will try and get him and at a communion you get a lot of kids and we have seen how wreckless the young hitman is, So I imagine a massacre and with Stuart's interview saying it will be darker than ever, You can't get darker than killing a kid outside of a church

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

We all know Nidge is on the the hit list, He will not miss his kids communion, So I have the feeling that's were they will try and get him and at a communion you get a lot of kids and we have seen how wreckless the young hitman is, So I imagine a massacre and with Stuart's interview saying it will be darker than ever, You can't get darker than killing a kid outside of a church

This probably will be the outcome I'd say. The young hitman could mess things up and incur Dano's wrath who in turn could incur Tony's wrath. Some of the dissidents (notably Tony) want to get as much as they can from Nidge and may then let Dano get his revenge. Dano wants to get revenge sooner and the hitman just wants to shoot anything.

One character missing so far was Debbie. Although I assume she will be in subsequent episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Just read an interview with Stuart Carolan in the Herald were he mentioned

With a little John's communion coming up, I can see a communion day massacre on the cards with innocent kids/adults getting it, I'm just guessing but it will lead to the end of the likes of Dano

The show I thought got of to a great start but in a few viewers eyes, It was a slow start but by the end of the series, It could be all out war

like a night of the dublin vespers?

I forgot all about Debbie until it was mentioned on here that she was missing, It will be interesting to see what her character has left in her, I thought an overdose last series would have been best all round, I don't know what more she offers the show

I forgot all about Debbie until it was mentioned on here that she was missing, It will be interesting to see what her character has left in her, I thought an overdose last series would have been best all round, I don't know what more she offers the show

maybe thats what tommy meant by fizzy orange

• Advertisement

I don't think even Tommy knows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Nidge's spit on Darren's grave. A way of ridding himself of the guilt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Nidge's spit on Darren's grave. A way of ridding himself of the guilt?

He was a good bit away from the grave, I think it was just your regular sham spit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Stuart Carolan on with Tom Dunne on Newstalk ... RIGHT NOW..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Great seasonal comeback.

Nearly collapsed laughing when Tommy asked for the fizzy orange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Stuart Carolin on newstalk now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Misuse of a Johhny Cash song at the end. Johnny Cash always gets wheeled out on those occasions, it's a bit lazy. That last scene did nothing for me. Camera on Siobhan looking upset. Camera on Tommy sleeping. Back to Siobhan looking upset. Back to Tommy sleeping. Siobhan looking upset. Tommy sleeping... ALRIGHT ALREADY I GET IT!!

I thought it was one of the best scenes Ive seen on any TV drama, Irish or otherwise. The song absolutely made it.

Even the kid in her arms looked upset and then turned away. Stunning stuff.

For me it was the only scene in all 4 seasons that Ive rewound to take it in again

I assume that she will be in it later on? She is included on Tubridy's interview of the series' stars. There will be something with her and Tommy again I would think. She was last seen robbing from her mother's purse and running out the door.

The two main themes will of course stem from series 3: Dano's quest for revenge and Nidge's guilt over Darren. As the tension mounts, a showdown between these two is inevitable but I do feel a lot of other both innocent and not so innocent people will get killed as well.

Any guesses to who will survive over the next few weeks? Each series has seen the killing off of a major player, with Hughie killing himself in the first series, John Boy being killed in the second, and Darren in the third. So, definitely someone is going to go this time around as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

bullet proof helmet on !!!

that made me laugh when nidge justified using tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I wonder will a garda get killed by someone, leading to an all out war on the gangs by the garda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Also Nidge walks into the garage to talk to the security man before jumping out to rob it.I am sure the cops would see him and the security van man on video camera.Putting him at the scene of the crime and talking to the van driver.Very sloppy Nidge.

He didn't walk into the garage, he didn't even get out of his car until the actually robbery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭Horrid Henry

Very good the way the cop didn't look like he was watching Nidge but then we saw him entering exactly what happened into the Pulse system.

A great show...we should be proud.

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I thought it was one of the best scenes Ive seen on any TV drama, Irish or otherwise. The song absolutely made it.

Even the kid in her arms looked upset and then turned away. Stunning stuff.

For me it was the only scene in all 4 seasons that Ive rewound to take it in again

I suppose after seeing him bang a prostitute last season poor Leighton mustnt know what to make of the latest development

Great seasonal comeback.

Nearly collapsed laughing when Tommy asked for the fizzy orange.

Is Tommy gone back to his childhood a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Last night we had an innocent family victims of a Tiger Kidnapping. In Nidges gang we had Fran - whose girlfriend committed suicide cos she was maimed by a pipe bomb, Elmo whose brother and wife were shot in front of his baby, not to mention poor Tommy severely brain damaged by being nearly beaten to death by his so called mate. Darren lying on a slab with half a head. Then half Lizzies family were murdered and poor Danos Dad killed, Siobhan rape victim etc etc etc

We are all allowed make endless jokes about brain damaged Tommy and his fizzy orange etc.

BUT PEOPLE OBJECT TO A F**KING CAT BEING FAKE SHOT - OMG:eek::eek::eek:

:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    I wonder will a garda get killed by someone, leading to an all out war on the gangs by the garda?

They said they hoped the gardai will not dislike how they are portrayed in it. This could mean a controversial killing of one could indeed be on the cards.

Nidge has a lot of real and potential enemies: the gardai are onto him, the dissident IRA want revenge, and then there's Tommy and Fran (both allies at the moment but will Tommy remember the incident that put him into the coma and will Fran find out about Linda). I'm sure all of this will be on the cards and a thrilling climax will result at the end of the season.

poor elmo he always looks like he is going to cry

poor elmo he always looks like he is going to cry

Brilliant actor Laurence Kinlan. Played one of the Kelly brothers in Ned Kelly and had a brief cameo in that film the guard.

Was listening to that Stuart Carolan interview with Tom Dunne when i was out for a run earlier. Interestingly he says he writes a scene around a piece of music that he hears (such as Johnny Cash). Its sort of like reverse creative writing and just shows the inspirational power of music.

The music is always so apt and poignant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭pigtown

I think it would be cool if Nidge gets locked up but in series 5 continues to run things from behind bars, with Fran the main man outside. It's a possibility as the writers knew there would be a series 5 while they were working on this one so would be less reluctant to risk jailing KingNidge and the show then being cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

There is a Love/Hate discussion panel at 'Talking TV Drama 2013' being hosted by The Galway Film Centre on Thursday October 17th
    The Evolution of LOVE/HATE – 4.15pm -6.15pm

An in-depth look at this award winning Irish crime drama.

David Caffrey (Director) – DIVORCING JACK, MONARCH OF THE GLEN
    Stuart Carolan (Writer) – RAW, LITTLE WHITE LIE
    Tom Vaughan-Lawlor (Actor) – HOWIE THE ROOKIE
    Dearbhla Walsh (CHAIR) – (LITTLE DORRIT, SHAMELESS)
    http://www.galwayfilmcentre.ie/events/talking-tv-drama-2013-2/

Brilliant actor Laurence Kinlan. Played one of the Kelly brothers in Ned Kelly and had a brief cameo in that film the guard.

Was listening to that Stuart Carolan interview with Tom Dunne when i was out for a run earlier. Interestingly he says he writes a scene around a piece of music that he hears (such as Johnny Cash). Its sort of like reverse creative writing and just shows the inspirational power of music.

The music is always so apt and poignant

elmo always seemed the most authentic looking/acting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Stumpy

Stumpy

nah stumpy looks like he should be n emmerdale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'd love to read some outsider opinions on it, are there any British etc forums where it's discussed much?

I'm curious how people who aren't familiar with the places and types in the show feel about it.

• Advertisement

The actor himself is originally from Dublins inner city. Brilliant actor. Spit of Andy Reid the Irish footballer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement