Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

nah stumpy looks like he should be n emmerdale

Stumpy wasnt too bad to be fair but Elmo and Aido are very very authentic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

I'd love to read some outsider opinions on it, are there any British etc forums where it's discussed much?

I'm curious how people who aren't familiar with the places and types in the show feel about it.

There is a thread on Digital Spy about it but remember only the first season has been shown over there.

Love/Hate - UK Pace Discussion - Channel 5 (July 2013)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I'll tell you one thing, I wouldn't mind an auld bit of hanky panky with siobhan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Just watched series 4 episode 1 again on the RTE player. Another thing I could see is Tommy becoming allied to the cops as an undercover insider. The hint is in what the detective says to Siobhan near the end.

I'd say things will develop quickly over the next two episodes in relation to the IRA v Nidge feud. The hitman will make a violent but unsuccessful attempt to take Nidge out and then Nidge will hit him but the IRA will then come on stronger than ever. This is where Nidge goes into hiding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭JBTM

I'll tell you one thing, I wouldn't mind an auld bit of hanky panky with siobhan

I'd say the feeling would be mutual there anyway.

Call me bold but the young one who kept wanting to go to the bathroom during the tiger kidnapping is right up my street, what I'd do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

JBTM wrote: »
    I'd say the feeling would be mutual there anyway.

Call me bold but the young one who kept wanting to go to the bathroom during the tiger kidnapping is right up my street, what I'd do!

She's 16

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/young-siblings-bring-reallife-sister-act-to-new-lovehate-29639273.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

fruvai wrote: »

What future have those two young girls got in the show?

Was it a one off or will the eldest sister feature further?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I thought Tommy and Siobhan already had their child when Nidge and Trish had their second baby? But in last nights episode, Tommys son was still a baby, whereas Nidges' was a toddler who was able to talk etc.

Just an observation that I thought was weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Good to see Brian F O'Byrne in it now.

The best part for me (well, Frano's mask too). He'll always be the bus driver in Intermission though.

"The muck on those windows" :pac:
    fruvai wrote: »
    Intro by the XX

Their only decent tune unfortunately, but it is a good 'un.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I wasn't terribly impressed by Sunday night's episode but I did think the actor who played the security guard (victim of tiger kidnapping) did a superb job putting across the anguish someone must feel in that situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

What future have those two young girls got in the show?

Was it a one off or will the eldest sister feature further?

I have a feeling that Tommy might start a relationship with her and end up in trouble for messing with young ones .

moy83 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that Tommy might start a relationship with her and end up in trouble for messing with young ones .

That could well be the case. Whatever way, Tommy is going to have a lot of big storylines in this series.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

I came across this on youtube this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I have to say, I've never really noticed Killian Scott before, but he was really exceptional. Incredibly difficult thing to get just right, and I think he was spot on, right down to really little things - when he was supposed to be watching the girl, and he just drops the gun on the windowsill like he's never held one before. And at the same time, he's with it enough to try to hide the extent of his damage from Nidge.

I'd like to add my vote to the "Christ, I really hope he's the cause of Nidge's downfall" movement.

I have to say, I've never really noticed Killian Scott before, but he was really exceptional. Incredibly difficult thing to get just right, and I think he was spot on, right down to really little things - when he was supposed to be watching the girl, and he just drops the gun on the windowsill like he's never held one before. And at the same time, he's with it enough to try to hide the extent of his damage from Nidge.

I'd like to add my vote to the "Christ, I really hope he's the cause of Nidge's downfall" movement.

I predict Tommy will remember more and more (Siobhan already knows/suspects as do the gardai) about what happened to him. He will work and team up with the detective to try and take Nidge down. Nidge will be so preoccupied with the CIRA that he will not see the threat from Tommy and the detective until later but will Nidge be able to steer clear of all the threats he faces?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

• Registered Users Posts: 20,889 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

That could well be the case. Whatever way, Tommy is going to have a lot of big storylines in this series.

I hope that , a relationship does not start between Tommy and young girl, because it would be a joke of a storyline, can't see it.

I hope that , a relationship does not start between Tommy and young girl, because it would be a joke of a storyline, can't see it.

Why would it be a joke ?
    He was already a hewer for the women but now he really doesnt know right from wrong so could tackle her .
    She could be getting alot of info from him to pass onto the guards and Nidge wouldnt have a clue who the informer was , it would drive him nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Why would it be a joke ?
    He was already a hewer for the women but now he really doesnt know right from wrong so could tackle her .
    She could be getting alot of info from him to pass onto the guards and Nidge wouldnt have a clue who the informer was , it would drive him nuts

another reason for siobhan to be bawlin':(

lufties wrote: »
    another reason for siobhan to be bawlin':(

Ya she might aswell leave him now and save herself the grief that s in store for her

• Advertisement

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Ya she might aswell leave him now and save herself the grief that s in store for her

yea its gettin a bit annnoying now, siobhan sobbing, siobhan looking pensive, siobhan smoking a fag, rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I think Siobhan will initially back Tommy but turn her back on him as the pressure from Nidge & co mounts. The scene at the end of Sundays episode in the cell for me showed her torn, I don't think she sees a future with Tommy the way he is now and although she wants to do the right thing I think she'll back out of giving evidence and save Nidge from the cops.

That of course doesn't mean he'll be safe from the IRA, I wonder will Nidge be gunned down after letting his guard down celebrating the court case being dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    I wasn't terribly impressed by Sunday night's episode but I did think the actor who played the security guard (victim of tiger kidnapping) did a superb job putting across the anguish someone must feel in that situation.

I thought both the security guards were rubbish. The scene where they discussed what to do after seeing the photo of his family, the whole dialog seemed "off" or something.

I enjoyed the episode though. Tommy and Frano's performances were really excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

My read on the Final 'Johnny Cash' scene.

The detective has planted a few seeds in Siobhans mind about how Tommy got injured.

She has seen him crack one off in the living room and is now looking at him asleep in the corner of the cell. Was this his first 'job' since the injury, had she hoped he'd jack it in (snigger) if he recovered?

The song, 'The first time ever I saw your face', is this Siobhan realising that this is a different man, and she either has to save him, go against Nidge in exchange for Tommy's freedom, or is she going to rid herself of him and go against them all?

prospect wrote: »
    My read on the Final 'Johnny Cash' scene.

The detective has planted a few seeds in Siobhans mind about how Tommy got injured.

She has seen him crack one off in the living room and is now looking at him asleep in the corner of the cell. Was this his first 'job' since the injury, had she hoped he'd jack it in (snigger) if he recovered?

The song, 'The first time ever I saw your face', is this Siobhan realising that this is a different man, and she either has to save him, go against Nidge in exchange for Tommy's freedom, or is she going to rid herself of him and go against them all?

She's human after all, and if you remember in last season she put it up for Dazzler when Tommy was in a coma but he rebuked her, so she's not totally dedicated to Tommy either & at the end of the day she's going to look after herself and maybe the kid too!!! At the end of the day they are all gangsters, even though the women may not be out there with guns and pipe bombs, they know what's going on and are more than happy to spend the proceeds too, guilty by association if you will?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 eniarrol175

Where do you get that Mask that Fran had ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I'd say if someone sources them, Halloween this year will have a few headcases wearing them! :D

"She's having a panic attack!!!"

"Yeah, and I'm after tellin' her NOT to panic" :D

Wardrobe Dept RTE Donnybrook Dublin 4 €1200 each ;)

Seriously though, if any store has them they'll sell like hot cakes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 eniarrol175

Wardrobe Dept RTE Donnybrook Dublin 4 €1200 each ;)

Seriously though, if any store has them they'll sell like hot cakes :)

FM104 said that its called "The Devil Mask" and they where going to say where you could buy them but i didnt hear where they said :(

OMG it would be hilarious. Id run up and down the estate all night terrifying the kids hahahahahhaha:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement