Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

So you think I'm boring?

de0b73bb2848d32dbad4bc323f79d275:c6b6903d59e5f7c6a3d67e2c0048113c
    just think...no matter what is happening in the main plot...lizzie can pop up anywhere and blow someones brains out at any second!

For me Tommy is showing child like symptoms because of his beating, Turning up at the house, asking for fizzy orange even his line to Fran, I will punch you back, It's all very child like behaviour, Even the guard saying to Siobhan that he has not been the same since, For her she has been raising 2 kids, As the series goes on more may be revealed.

Nidge had the chance to choose Nadine to come along but he just does not trust anyone outside of his group, So he only really had Tommy to turn to

As for saving the show, We're one episode into series 4, I think you're jumping the gun, We are led to believe the show will get even darker and push the boundaries even more than they have done in this series

A lot of shows on tv are far fetched, What about breaking bad that has just finished,
    What about the scene that blew up gus and he came out doing his tie?

It was great television but we all no it would not happen in real life, You just go with it and see were it leads, If it leads to better television then all the better
    i'm only getting through breaking bad now and it's interesting to compare. A poster here who is not a fan of love hate was moaning about the lack of character development on love hate and how breaking bad would explore the characters more deeply.... to fair it's like chalk and cheese, in an episode of BB i watched this week Hanks wife had a moan for nearly 10 mins....that simply could not happen in Love hate, they wouldn't have the time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

This is why Nidge will probably continue to sell himself to Tony with a campaign of him remaining useful to bring in the guns for the CIRA along with trying to convince him that Dano, Lizzie and Wayne (the cat killer) are all loose cannons and of less use to the CIRA. Indeed, Wayne is probably not even CIRA and been used by two for personal rather than organisational reasons. Tony and Nidge could end up very close allies in the end!

Yes but is Nidge really aware that Danno and Lizzie are plotting against him? As far as he knows Tony has Danno under control.

Danno knows the hit cant look political - the idea of using the youngfla' is that he would "blend into the wall"

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Yes but is Nidge really aware that Danno and Lizzie are plotting against him?

Aside from the fact Nidge is paranoid and trusts nobody would lend me to think that he's not assuming that all is well with him and the ra? He is too uneasy and definitely is on edge to the extent that he knows deep down something is a foot.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Aside from the fact Nidge is paranoid and trusts nobody would lend me to think that he's not assuming that all is well with him and the ra? He is too uneasy and definitely is on edge to the extent that he knows deep down something is a foot.

He is definitely ill at ease and riddled with guilt over Darren and Tommy. Just not sure whether Danno is on his radar as a threat at the moment though.

Lizzie capped Darren apparently in revenge for Git. Isn't Nidge entitled to think the feud with the Dublin Brigade is over for now? I presume Aido is still paying protection so the gang must be co-existing with Danno at that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

He is definitely ill at ease and riddled with guilt over Darren and Tommy. Just not sure whether Danno is on his radar as a threat at the moment though.

Lizzie capped Darren apparently in revenge for Git. Isn't Nidge entitled to think the feud with the Dublin Brigade is over for now? I presume Aido is still paying protection so the gang must be co-existing with Danno at that level.

thought lizzie killed darren because he'd shot her brother when the ra were trying to kidnap nidge

thought lizzie killed darren because he'd shot her brother when the ra were trying to kidnap nidge

Correct, but Nidge doesn't know that.

He told Tony that Darren whacked Git, and next thing Darren is capped. That's the basis for Nidge's guilt and visits to the grave at night.

Lizzie capped Darren apparently in revenge for Git.

No, she capped Darren because he killed her brother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Yes but is Nidge really aware that Danno and Lizzie are plotting against him? As far as he knows Tony has Danno under control.

Danno knows the hit cant look political - the idea of using the youngfla' is that he would "blend into the wall"

For the moment, I'm sure Nidge would think Tony has it under control but he is well aware that Dano does not always follow orders and that someone other than his guys had Darren killed. So, I'd assume Nidge assumes things are under control for now but he is well aware that Dano and his associates are still a major concern for the future. However, the undercover cop in his club and the messy dentist are his immediate concerns and Dano could catch him offguard (that's the plan). True, Dano cannot hit Nidge directly and they are going to only get one chance at it so this buys Nidge time.

• Advertisement

No, she capped Darren because he killed her brother?

Yes. I know. That's why I said "apparently".

The topic is Nidge's paranoia. As far as he knows Darren was offed in revenge for Git, not Paddy. So from his perspective he should be square with the RA, no?

Yes. I know. That's why I said "apparently".

The topic is Nidge's paranoia. As far as he knows Darren was offed in revenge for Git, not Paddy. So from his perspective he should be square with the RA, no?

Could well be, I forgot that Nidge doesn't know exactly who pulled the trigger on Dazler.

For the moment, I'm sure Nidge would think Tony has it under control but he is well aware that Dano does not always follow orders and that someone other than his guys had Darren killed. .

It wasn't really a solo run by Lizzie though was it?

She had her own private motivation of course (revenge for Paddy) but the order had come down from the top man Tony. Nidge would have been entitled to assume "that's that".

Tony wouldn't have been bothered about Paddy, not bothered enough to whack a high up lieutenant in a potentially useful import export gang over him. Paddy was small time, unlike Git.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

anyone know why Lizzie won't carry out the assasination of nidge herself? she made no mistake with dazler, instead of getting some reckless young lad to do it. I suppose the obvious thing is it'd be quicker trace it back to Dano if she did.

lufties wrote: »
    anyone know why Lizzie won't carry out the assasination of nidge herself? she made no mistake with dazler, instead of getting some reckless young lad to do it. I suppose the obvious thing is it'd be quicker trace it back to Dano if she did.

Element of surprise. Nidge wouldn't know the youngfla' from Adam.

It wasn't really a solo run by Lizzie though was it?

She had her own private motivation of course (revenge for Paddy) but the order had come down from the top man Tony. Nidge would have been entitled to assume "that's that".

Tony wouldn't have been bothered about Paddy, not bothered enough to whack a high up lieutenant in a potentially useful import export gang over him. Paddy was small time, unlike Git.

Paddy would not of course be worth anything to Tony. Just to Lizzie. Nidge would assume there would be lesser of a threat from the CIRA than before but he'd be a fool to assume there was no threat at all. He is fully aware of what happened to John Boy and so on too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Darren- taking obvious precautions to lay low, gets whacked sauntering down the Canal.
    Nidge- not taking any obvious precautions, can't be whacked.
    :confused:

Element of surprise. Nidge wouldn't know the youngfla' from Adam.

I predict that the young fella will attempt to assassinate Nidge, it will go wrong and Nidge will have in the back of a van and then question him about who hired him. Things will go from there.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Darren- taking obvious precautions to lay low, gets whacked sauntering down the Canal.
    Nidge- not taking any obvious precautions, can't be whacked.
    :confused:

Simple really.

Nidge has done a deal with the Northern branch of the RIRA. He has insurance and is untouchable for now, except to a head the ball like Danno.

Darren was being hunted like an animal in the end. Wasn't at the canal either btw - you might be thinking of the swan RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Episode 1 was disappointing, I reckon the rest of the series will be a cracker though.

• Advertisement

Simple really.

Nidge has done a deal with the Northern branch of the RIRA. He has insurance and is untouchable for now, except to a head the ball like Danno.

Darren was being hunted like an animal in the end. Wasn't at the canal either btw - you might be thinking of the swan RIP

the same person who whacked Darren in broad daylight is now having problems whacking Nidge who is openly traversing the city and frequenting his known haunts.
    It inconsistent, is my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

the same person who whacked Darren in broad daylight is now having problems whacking Nidge who is openly traversing the city and frequenting his known haunts.

Well I would assume emotions come into it somewhere.
    Darren was a bigger pr1ck in relation to what had happened to her family etc than Nidge, who is primarily a target of Danno.......

Darren was essentially alone as well when he was taken down, Nidge aint alone that much tbf.

If you wanna pick holes in it, you can, but you could also argue that human emotion and drive is a very tough thing to gauge.

Nidge is insured.

If Lizzie whacked him in broad daylight - she and Danno would be court marshalled and taking a one way trip in the back of Tony's van.

Nidge is insured.

If Lizzie whacked him in broad daylight - she and Danno would be court marshalled and taking a one way trip in the back of Tony's van.

I'll give them the dramatic license for now, but it is a bit implausible tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

To you maybe, but to me it's perfectly plausible (in that this is a work of fiction and you don't have to completely suspend your brain to believe what is happening)

you're not from donaghmede then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Nidge is Tony's source for weapons at the minute. Tony also knows that Danno is gunning for Nidge.

Of course he is going to be rightly pissed off at Danno if his source is cut off, and Danno knows this.

I'd say the reason Nidge hasn't been done yet is that Danno is trying to ensure he cannot be linked to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

prospect wrote: »
    Nidge is Tony's source for weapons at the minute. Tony also knows that Danno is gunning for Nidge.

Of course he is going to be rightly pissed off at Danno if his source is cut off, and Danno knows this.

I'd say the reason Nidge hasn't been done yet is that Danno is trying to ensure he cannot be linked to it.

In fact he clearly states this is the case to Lizzy during the episode.
    It really isn't an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Didn't McGinley put manners on Dano last series, saying not to go against orders? I can see the demise of mr constipated face this season for a botched attempt on Nidgeys life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

After the idiotic van raid and Nidge's imminent arrest McGinley will be cancelling any insurance that existed. Even Nidge will work that out about two minutes after the cuffs go on. By that stage it won't be schoolboys with cat issues that he has to worry about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement