Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

**Spoilers** in thread title :confused:
    Ah jaysus it's not rocket science. You come into this thread expecting spoilers if you aren't up to date with Love/Hate. You don't expect to find spoilers for other shows that you might be interested in but haven't watched yet. Underbelly is a show somewhat similar to Love/Hate although based on real life Melbourne criminals. It would be kind of nice to watch it without all the main events already being spoiled by peeps here who can't use spoiler tags.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Its uploaded to the player now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

What had Nidge on the garda that was helping him?

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Ah jaysus it's not rocket science. You come into this thread expecting spoilers if you aren't up to date with Love/Hate. You don't expect to find spoilers for other shows that you might be interested in but haven't watched yet. Underbelly is a show somewhat similar to Love/Hate although based on real life Melbourne criminals. It would be kind of nice to watch it without all the main events already being spoiled by peeps here who can't use spoiler tags.

The original poster said nothing about Underbelly he was referring to tonights episode. As for Underbelly as you pointed out these were real life events so im hardly to blame that the international media world reported on these real life events well in advance of the show ever being conceived now am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Prop Joe wrote: »

He was using rent boys from what I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Nothing as far as I could tell. Just that he was the cop who worked for John Boy in earlier seasons and Nidge "inherited" him when John Boy "went".

He was just a bent cop; taking bribes and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

There seems to be a mistake in the timing of this series, Dano said he's off the drink 4 months.If I'm right last time he drank was Paddys night?That brings us up to mid July so Warren getting his communion in July :confused:

Anyway alot more slow paced this season but it still has you at the end of your seat.I thought the attack on Fran was a organised attacked where him and Nidge would get done at the same time.

I don't think Nidge is going to get killed off if he was it would have been done tonight.

I want to see more of Dano he's great character.

Missing Darren tbh Nidges army is getting small and weak I don't now how Nidge will get away from the Guards though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

Loved tonights episode, Loving the garda involvement, it's all setting up nicely, I like the slow build up, You can't expect shootings and murders in every episode, A few of the one liners tonight were top notch, Looking forward to next week, Going by the trailers, Tommy is out and gets put in the back of the van

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

JohnBoy had him in his pocket, it wasnt explained how he did i dont think but Nidge got his hooks into him after JohnBoy's death because of the lifestyle/bills he had grown accustomed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

**Spoilers** in thread title :confused:

He/she is giving spoilers for a different show.

• Advertisement

DazMarz wrote: »
    Nothing as far as I could tell. Just that he was the cop who worked for John Boy in earlier seasons and Nidge "inherited" him when John Boy "went".

He was just a bent cop; taking bribes and all.

I reckon there is more of a back story to him which we could see in the coming weeks. He looked genuinely uncomfortable in his role as snitch so it could have been a situation out of his control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

There are other shows................. :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    And the best arse on TV award goes to

4660634640_a655083c4e_z.jpg

sue-tea-3.jpg

I fookin hate this bird. Whiney, sickening , useless. aul ****.

I reckon there is more of a back story to him which we could see in the coming weeks. He looked genuinely uncomfortable in his role as snitch so it could have been a situation out of his control.

There was a real life case of a detective who took bribes to keep up the lifestyle he had grown accustomed to (as another poster said).

Same deal with a mole in the CIA who gave the Soviets information on CIA agents in Russia. He had a big lavish lifestyle and just that's why he took bribes.

Why does anyone go bent or corrupt? Disgust with the system may come into it, but mostly it boils down to greed and the promise of a financial reward. Simple.

A mere oversight. Fixed for you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

i wonder was that a nod to the guard working for the gilligan mob?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Jumboman wrote: »
    Having him get beat up by old man just wasnt believable. Also your mans wife who fran was sleeping with must be a granny:eek:

I think it was the other way around ; )

When somebody attacks ya from behind initially , hard to defend that.

Intersting to see the power struggle between Nidge and Factory John next week when he's released :pac::pac:

There was a real life case of a detective who took bribes to keep up the lifestyle he had grown accustomed to (as another poster said).

Same deal with a mole in the CIA who gave the Soviets information on CIA agents in Russia. He had a big lavish lifestyle and just that's why he took bribes.

Why does anyone go bent or corrupt? Disgust with the system may come into it, but mostly it boils down to greed and the promise of a financial reward. Simple.

It could be a variety of reasons to be fair though i cant help feeling that Martin was in over his head a bit. He was reluctant to be too helpful and it just seemed to become a case of self preservation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Did Nige know the guard was into rent boys John boy did alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

A mere oversight. Fixed for you now.

Cheers. I'm actually watching Underbelly at the moment. Good show,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The original poster said nothing about Underbelly he was referring to tonights episode. As for Underbelly as you pointed out these were real life events so im hardly to blame that the international media world reported on these real life events well in advance of the show ever being conceived now am I?

I think that went way over your head. Someone there was talking about Underbelly and giving away spoilers, about Underbelly, so someone say spoiler tags please. You jumped on saying it was in the title, it's spoilers for Love/Hate in the title, not Underbelly

Where is this angle of the Garda being into rent boys come from?! Is it a joke and I'm being slow, or was it genuinely in the show somewhere and I just can't remember it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Its uploaded to the player now

I've noticed that the link to it in the Most Popular link is broken, if you click below on the teaser & episodes section, it works, just in case anyone's having problems with it.

I don't think they will kill of Nidge the show is pretty much all about him, If Tom Vaughan Lawlor was to leave to do other things, He will get sent down, Stuart Carolan mentioned in an interview he regrets killing of John Boy, I don't think he will make the same mistake twice by killing of Nidge

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭begod

hookers and cocaine lad, hookers and cocaine!

True, still you can get a hooker for cheaper than a filling or so I've been told.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,621 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

John Boy had him because of his liking for rent boys and when John boy died Nidge took him under his wing so to speak.

Where is this angle of the Garda being into rent boys come from?! Is it a joke and I'm being slow, or was it genuinely in the show somewhere and I just can't remember it?!

It was just said in passing one time when John Boy was paying him, some like "that should keep you in rent boys for a month the way you go through them"

dave1982 wrote: »
    It was just said in passing one time when John Boy was paying him, some like "that should keep you in rent boys for a month the way you go through them"

Do not remember that bit at all... fúckin hell!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

So glad the guard got caught, Did he ever give any decent info, it was always ' I don't know' or 'I think so' :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement